Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Problem

ratus9

hi

my yaris t sport brakes for a while now have gone soft.

when i brake the pedal dose not feel firm when i sit there with the engine running i press the brake pedal and can hear a sshhh sound and if i press hard down on the pedal its about a inch from touching the floor is this normal ????.

also when i drive the car and stamp on the brakes the car seems to stop a little slower then if i try it agian then the brakes are very sharp agian like it was before.

also i have had the brake disc's skimmed and new pads in april -june time and spetember had the lowering springs fitted and when i borrowed a 1 litre yaris the brakes where better on that.

i think the servo is ok as the pedal harded when the engine is off.

any ideas the only ones i can think of are air, or the pads are glazed not fitted correct?

ive done 17k

ta

Hi ratus9

Sounds like you might have to bleed your brakes. Some times the brake's will pick up moister in the brake reservoir and you Will get condensation Making the brakes feel a bit soft or you could have a leak in the pipe's. You might have a leak as when you push the brake pedal you suck up air causing the brakes to be soft.

Get your brakes checked you could have a air lock and you will need to bleed the system.

jerry!!

Something is strange with my brake, i always brake at the last second, sometimes as im braking, it feels as if the brakes have released for a moment, and sometimes if feels as if its grinding, is that the ABS?

id say air in the brakes lines too, it feels like ya squashin a sponge under ya foot???

vmail, that is most definitely ABS

ABS is triggered by harsh/sudden braking... it let's the brakes slip momentarily to prevent locking up your wheels and sliding to your certain doom :)

the grinding you feel beneath your right foot when braking is the ABS locking and slipping the brakes rapidly, allowing you to steer during harsh braking to avoid a crash.

ABS is great :thumbsup: get on a skid pad if you can and just test how good it is :yes:

this is also strange, the brake pedal is down, moments later i can press it further? whats that all about?

hi

The brakes do have a spongey sound to them when the pedal is pressed and i have checked the brake fluied and its on the full line.

one thing i have noticed is when the car is slowing i can hear a clicking noise comming from the wheels like there is a stone stuck in the wheel... the last time i had this the dealer said it might be the wheel bearings and another told me it might be that the pad are not fitted correct.

i think i better take it back to the dealer me thinks and while its there they can see if they can fix it...and few other things too.

ta

clicking noise could also be a nackered CV joint but seems unlikely on the age of the car???

take it to the dealer to sort!

:thumbsup: