Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Agro Revisited

Wild west Drifter

First things First, I have to highly recommend Abbey Group in Redhill Surrey,They fitted my TTE lowered springs today, and gave the car a full Valet, even though I had washed the outside at the weekend.

Total cost including fitting was £347.12.

As you can see she does look lower even on the std alloys.

Handling is much better, no noticable body roll, the steering seems to be giving much more feedbackand more positive.

Even my couple of potholes that I cannot avoid felt no worse, if anything they felt less severe.

Getting closer to Kart handling :thumbsup:

Any one want a set of Apex 35mm springs PM me.

Will leave it a week for them to settle fully before I try the new alloys.

Do fitting TTE bits counts as modifying from insurance company point of view?

I notify my insurance company of anything that is not fitted to a base model , I declared the factory fit alloys and fog lamps , They classed them as modifying so the TTE bits were declared - also makes the car more likeley to be a target for theft in their book.. :(

Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm does help though.

Not good. I want to keep my insurance low. I've got fogs lights fitted by Toyota, but that was optional extra for standard car when I was buying the car so imho doesn't count as modifying. I'm not an expert but that's how I see it. Those TTE bits seem to be a different story though. I'll ring my insurance company and ask.

Not good. I want to keep my insurance low. I've got fogs lights fitted by Toyota, but that was optional extra for standard car when I was buying the car so imho doesn't count as modifying. I'm not an expert but that's how I see it. Those TTE bits seem to be a different story though. I'll ring my insurance company and ask.

Bit of a personal opinion here however it also depends on the insurance provider as well... When i had my Almera i phoned them up (Admiral at the time) as i was getting alloys with Locking Wheel Nuts...

Me: Hi there i'm going to be fitting alloys soon and just thought i'd find out how much this will increase my premium by before i commit to them?

Admiral: Certainly sir, there will be an increase of £37 to your premium

Me: OK fair enough - if i DO have an accident will these be replaced like for like if i claim?

Admiral: No they won't

Now the way i seen it - If you DON'T declare them yor insurance is void however if you DO declare them they ain't covered like for like, which really defeats the purpose of declaring them if they're not gonna be replaced like for like...

On another note, looking Agro! Certainly convincing enough for me to warrant buying them now...

That's interesting, when I put new 16 inch alloys on my new Platinum to replace the 14 inch ones there was no extra charge from Direct Line because it was a new car and new wheels.

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Getting the interior done now, Carbon Fibre extra's being intoduced over the next couple of weeks. Caps on the electric window switches, Shift Knob, and when I've worked out how i'm doing it, will put carbon surround on the scan gauge.

Pics will follow when done.

I have to say that I am not a great lover of black wheels but your car is looking gooooood B)

Where did you source your CF parts :unsure:

I have to say that I am not a great lover of black wheels but your car is looking gooooood B)

Where did you source your CF parts :unsure:

Epray believe it or not.

Had to go back to Mr T's std alloys for the time being. :huh:

The new alloys combined with the suspension drop are fouling the arches on large pot holes. Waiting for lower profile tyres to arrive. Current tyres are 195x50x15, should have changed to 45's before I used them. .

Also trying to decide where to mount mobile or Ipod because both can be plugged into the stereo. - used to have an airvent mount but of course it won't fit the Agro.

• 3 weeks later...

decided to keep mr T alloys on for the winter, although i now have my 195/45/15 s on the rims.

couple of other mods done, sorted out the phone mount, not a great lover of stuff on the screen but its functional, also got bluetooth - clip on unit on the sun visor, so can swap between cars.

Autumn pic shown below- what else has changed?

Photo0095.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update time on the Agro.

Scangauge now permanently mounted in back of top slot of centre console

Stereo Changed - integrated bluetooth on this one, and plays music via bluetooth from phone. also SD card slot for MP3s .

Heater console now lit by Blue LED. waiting for new T10 blue Led for the interior light.

The wind deflectors fitted at last update are a real bonus.

New Speakers ready to go in now the stereo is sorted.

If not too cold tomorrow will sort out Speakers and take some photo's.

I really like the car man looks mint =]

i had my number plate moved to the bottom grill (drivers side) had the bumper smothed and back debadged and want the tte front grill its gonna cost a bomb though =[

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly been a while since i last seen this thread - looking good :thumbsup:

Quick question - due to me working shedloads of overtime im in line for a juicy wage and i'm gonna take the plunge by getting a set of Rota alloy wheels however the main niggle i have is are my wheel bolts gonna fit or am i gonna have to get new ones?

So those bolts you used for them alloys - were they Toyota ones or ones that came with the wheels?

Certainly been a while since i last seen this thread - looking good :thumbsup:

Quick question - due to me working shedloads of overtime im in line for a juicy wage and i'm gonna take the plunge by getting a set of Rota alloy wheels however the main niggle i have is are my wheel bolts gonna fit or am i gonna have to get new ones?

So those bolts you used for them alloys - were they Toyota ones or ones that came with the wheels?

Hi Paul,

Std Toyota Alloy wheelnuts .The non locking ones were fine but the locking nuts with the adaptor fouled the actual wheel.

I can't remember where I got them from but I bought some slimline bolts, however before I bought the bolts I tried the std steel wheel ones that were supplied for my steel spare and they fitted.

looking good :thumbsup: like the radio, one of few that blend in well with the layout of the aygo.. where did you get it? Im thinking of getting a new one , is it easy to fit ?

looking good :thumbsup: like the radio, one of few that blend in well with the layout of the aygo.. where did you get it? Im thinking of getting a new one , is it easy to fit ?

Easy to fit if you already have the console apart to do the bulbs. You will need an adaptor for the antenna lead, follow the instuctions elsewhere on here, I did. Firm I bought the head unit from has ceased trading due to the current economic climate.

Funny to see how most people want to change the bulbs to some other color, where

I actually like the amber/orange so much that I went as far as completely dismantling

my sunroof controls to fit tit with orange LEDs instead of the original green ones :D

And the TID I installed is lit in orange too...

• 4 weeks later...

Pic of backbox for new exhaust system, just got to wait for the weather now.

Polished stainless system from cat back,

Exhaust.jpg

• 1 month later...

Have just been editing my Photobucket account. Pics reposted.

Photo0191.jpg

agro2.jpg

interior007-1.jpg

Low2.jpg

Photo0158.jpg

Photo0159.jpg

Photo0195.jpg

Photo0212-1.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

Photo0094.jpg

Well the sun came out so washed Agro,cleaned the interior and Put the 14" wolfraces on.

Photo0215.jpg

Photo0213.jpg

Photo0217.jpg

Photo0214.jpg

I might have to steal your 'drill a hole in the fan speed knob' idea.

Is it visible enough to see what setting it is on in the dark?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links