Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Alternative Wheels

clarifier

I want to trade up my steel wheels to alloys. I don't need new and plan to buy used, but the sets of Rav4 wheels anout are few. Is there a list showing what wheels from other vehicles will fit?

I want to trade up my steel wheels to alloys. I don't need new and plan to buy used, but the sets of Rav4 wheels anout are few. Is there a list showing what wheels from other vehicles will fit?

I can't remember the wheel size offset - but I know that a Lexus wheel fits cos I bought a used set last year. You can go up to a 20" wheel quite easily.

There are a couple of sets of genuine RAV4 wheels on eBay at the moment in fact

Hi, I've a set of 4 x 18" alloys with 235/50/r18 97H, Pirelli Scorpion tyres that are only 6 weeks old. the rims have a few scuffs but are sound....I'm asking around £600.....m...they are all ballanced and ready to go....with the spacers as well...m. :D

Hi, I've a set of 4 x 18" alloys with 235/50/r18 97H, Pirelli Scorpion tyres that are only 6 weeks old. the rims have a few scuffs but are sound....I'm asking around £600.....m...they are all ballanced and ready to go....with the spacers as well...m. :D

Got a picture?

[

Got a picture?

attachmewheels_001.jpg][these are they......if it's worked....m.

post-63579-1221655731_thumb.jpg

I can't remember the wheel size offset - but I know that a Lexus wheel fits cos I bought a used set last year. You can go up to a 20" wheel quite easily.

Thanks that helps - but I wonder which Lexus or can i be confident that all will fit and it is only the rim diameter that changes?

Hi Clarifier

You need wheels with a PCD (basically the diameter of a circle that passes through the 5 studs) of 114.3mm, an offset of between 35 and 45mm and a bore of 60.1mm

A number of Japanese vehicles take this size, including some Lexus models - it's important to check the measurements above, needless to say, before you buy.

When you come to fit tyres, remember that if you increase the wheel size, you have to compensate by changing the tyre size. Not doing this renders the speedo inaccurate (an offence, probably punishable by having something chopped off :o ) and alters the handling and clearances under the arches. I've just swapped my better half's 16inch wheels for 17, and I've had to lower the aspect ratio of the tyres. Here's a handy website to help work this out

Good luck

Hi Clarifier

You need wheels with a PCD (basically the diameter of a circle that passes through the 5 studs) of 114.3mm, an offset of between 35 and 45mm and a bore of 67.1mm

A number of Japanese vehicles take this size, including some Lexus models - it's important to check the measurements above, needless to say, before you buy.

When you come to fit tyres, remember that if you increase the wheel size, you have to compensate by changing the tyre size. Not doing this renders the speedo inaccurate (an offence, probably punishable by having something chopped off :o ) and alters the handling and clearances under the arches. I've just swapped my better half's 16inch wheels for 17, and I've had to lower the aspect ratio of the tyres. Here's a handy website to help work this out

Good luck

Hi Clarifier

You need wheels with a PCD (basically the diameter of a circle that passes through the 5 studs) of 114.3mm, an offset of between 35 and 45mm and a bore of 67.1mm

Good luck

Robert thank you - Again that is helpful and explicit, but I anticipate a problem in getting the seller to understand to where the dimensions apply and being able to measure the dimensions correctly. Most sellers seem able to advise what vehicle the wheels came off, which brings me full circle, still seeking a list of vehicles with a common wheel to the year 2000 Rav 4. Regards

Robert thank you - Again that is helpful and explicit, but I anticipate a problem in getting the seller to understand to where the dimensions apply and being able to measure the dimensions correctly. Most sellers seem able to advise what vehicle the wheels came off, which brings me full circle, still seeking a list of vehicles with a common wheel to the year 2000 Rav 4. Regards

Clarifier - first of all, extreme apologies, I had a typo in my measurements (even though I checked them!) the bore should be 60.1mm. I've changed the original entry in case anyone else references it without reading this correction further down the thread.

I know what you mean about a list of "cars that fit the wheels", but I've never seen one. Perhaps you could do it this way

First, you see a set of wheels advertised for (let's say) a Suzuki Grand Vitara. You could look up here (You can, of course, select any relevant make/model etc) That'll tell you the size - it's in a box in the middle of the screen. In this example, I reckon they'd fit the Rav4. You could either check it against my (corrected) measurements or just check them against a search of the same website for a Rav4. Slightly convoluted but it might work.

Caveat emptor, please make sure you're comfortable with this before you commit to buy

Good luck

Take a look at undefined

simply enter your cars details ,what size you like and the site does the rest. for £600 you should find some real good wheels with new tyres.

Take a look at undefined

simply enter your cars details ,what size you like and the site does the rest. for £600 you should find some real good wheels with new tyres.

Nice link, thank you :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links