Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Gain, Just Volume!

BeenThereDoneIt

Been a way for a while, and decided to keep my CTS now, so I've been thinking of upgrades. I'm not interested in more performance, I just want it to sound a bit nicer. I've read a lot about the Apexi and Typhoon kits on here, but is there a simpler "just noise" option?

Ta! :D

I'd recommend the A'PEXi, and according to my insurers it is a "non performance enhancing modification" :lol:

I'd recommend the A'PEXi, and according to my insurers it is a "non performance enhancing modification" :lol:

You and your A'pexi! LOL.. :yahoo:

I would reccomend powertec induction kit, it roars, looks nice and you prob get a bit extra bhp all for under £100. Check their website http://www.powertecfilters.co.uk/

Cheers

H :thumbsup:

Cheers for the quick replies. I do fancy the Apexi one's, but I'm very wary of insurers. I've seen too many people get stung after the insurers have found a technicality.

I'll check out the power tech ones too, as it's the sound I'm really after....and all is well as Mr T has just given me a brand new clutch and master cylinder 10 days before the warranty runs out!

That's pretty darn good of them! Think my clucth is feeling a bit iffy at the mo... Meh.

Where about in North Wales are you?

It went in for an early MOT,I asked where i should spray some WD as the clutch was a bit squeaky, Mr T said there's a better master cylinder available, ooh and while we're at it, let's do the clutch too.

BTDI walks out rather briskly before they change their mind! MUCH nicer now. Nice crisp bite!

I'm in Wrexham, so not too far from the Border!

You and your A'pexi! LOL.. :yahoo:

What? :lol:

It's a good piece of kit and i don't know anyone else who has one on their CTS! :yahoo:

It went in for an early MOT,I asked where i should spray some WD as the clutch was a bit squeaky, Mr T said there's a better master cylinder available, ooh and while we're at it, let's do the clutch too.

BTDI walks out rather briskly before they change their mind! MUCH nicer now. Nice crisp bite!

I'm in Wrexham, so not too far from the Border!

Ahwell, you're close enough for all out northern Mini-meets then!!! :P

Cheers for the quick replies. I do fancy the Apexi one's, but I'm very wary of insurers. I've seen too many people get stung after the insurers have found a technicality.

I'll check out the power tech ones too, as it's the sound I'm really after....and all is well as Mr T has just given me a brand new clutch and master cylinder 10 days before the warranty runs out!

When i declared my mods to Tesco they put the price up by £250 and the excess up £250 as well :( When i switched to Adrian Flux they actually charged £80 less than Tesco did originally and this is with a £100 excess whilst including some additional bits in the policy(that Tesco didn't legal cover etc). Flux didn't regard the mods (as listed below) as particularly performance enhancing, which is true as they only add 5-10% additional power. So you can shop around and declare without paying more money. :thumbsup:

yeah...i suppose i COULD nip over the border with my passport

be home before midnight tho or i'll get you with me bow n arrow! oink oink!!

(old chester byelaw - catch a taff in the city walls after midnight, not that they dare venture this way at night!)

yeah...i suppose i COULD nip over the border with my passport

be home before midnight tho or i'll get you with me bow n arrow! oink oink!!

(old chester byelaw - catch a taff in the city walls after midnight, not that they dare venture this way at night!)

I stay by Revolution, that way the arrows don't reach!