Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Wheel Nuts

alp@csq-safety.com

My 4 month old Aygo Platinum has wheel nuts that are corroding. They look awful and I worry that the nuts will corrode on to the nuts.

Dealer says that nuts not covered by warranty as 'they are Peugeot nuts'

Any advice/comments?

Any source for replacements?

My 4 month old Aygo Platinum has wheel nuts that are corroding. They look awful and I worry that the nuts will corrode on to the nuts.

Any advice/comments?

Utter Pish.....call toyota customer care and tell them your dealer is an 4rse

they came with the car so should be covered.

I had the same problem and used these wheel nut covers

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-whee...-nut-covers.htm

or

http://www.prideofthefleet.org.uk/all-ride...d12563b9e5ce31a

They just slide over the original nut and are held there by spring tension. You will need the 19mm size Be sure to include a pair of needle nose pliers in your spare wheel tool it. They wont fit over the locking wheel nut, but its in good condition anyway

Any advice/comments?

:D Glad to say that a call to Toyota Customer Relations has solved the problem. Dealer just rang to ask me to take the car in for replacements to be fitted.

You would have thought that in the interest of 'customer relations' the replacement would have been a good thing for the dealer - but NO!

What's the customer service telephone number? I have some poorly enamelled brake drums that they successfully fobbed me off on...

From the Toyota UK website Contact us link :

Call us on: 0845 275 5555

Fax us on: 0203 166 4115

Write to us at:

Toyota (GB) PLC

PO Box 814

Portsmouth

PO6 9AY

The other number which we used is 01737 367600 this a Redhill number It worked for us :thumbsup:

I was threatening to dump the agro on the dealers forecourt and was actually given the above number by the parts manager who had been our only ally at Toll House where we bought the car

Just to point out that they are wheel BOLTS on the AYGO :)

Also the warranty covering the aygo is a little different to other Toyotas - as parts where the metal surface isnt covered (paint/powder coat etc) isnt usually covered for warranty under 'cosmetic' problems. I see yours is only 4 months old so they usually replace them upto 6 months old - i think.

As the bolts arent coated in anyway the dealer would prob be right to not change them if over this time (they are fitted by Toyota at factory and not the dealers)

As with all warranty claims the dealer has to foot the bill if Toyota warranty dept throw the claim out, therefore the dealer is out of pocket.

With anything - if you complain enough customer relations will usually authorise replacement and send the parts to the dealership.

Mart :)

When I first got my Aygo in 2006 from Mr Toyota (a then 05 plate year old demonstrator) the wheel bolts had all started to rust. The only one that hadn't was the locking wheel nut. It took them ages to get Toyota to agree to replace them under warranty. The garage replaced them all, whilst still continuing to get Toyota to cover them.

I remember whilst waiting for them to sort it I was awaiting a call with the line 'they've been cleaned with a wheel cleaner that has caused them to corrode'. Thankfully they didn't in the end.

Anyway, the Aygo is now 3 and a half years old and once again they've all started to corrode. I do live near the sea which may account for more salt in the air, but I think you may see a reoccurrence of this particular problem even if they are replaced. That is unless they have changed the material or supplier.

When I first got my Aygo in 2006 from Mr Toyota (a then 05 plate year old demonstrator) the wheel bolts had all started to rust. The only one that hadn't was the locking wheel nut. It took them ages to get Toyota to agree to replace them under warranty. The garage replaced them all, whilst still continuing to get Toyota to cover them.

I remember whilst waiting for them to sort it I was awaiting a call with the line 'they've been cleaned with a wheel cleaner that has caused them to corrode'. Thankfully they didn't in the end.

Anyway, the Aygo is now 3 and a half years old and once again they've all started to corrode. I do live near the sea which may account for more salt in the air, but I think you may see a reoccurrence of this particular problem even if they are replaced. That is unless they have changed the material or supplier.

Well I just got my car back from its MOT and they said they cant replace my rusting wheel nuts as its only covered for 6 months (my Aygo is just under 3 years old). I then called the Redhill Customer relations number and they said the wheel nuts were not covered at all under the 'cosmetic' or 'warranty policy' - what a load of rubbish. Shows how poor customer service can be.

The service centre tried to charge me 8 f*(&^% pounds for each wheel nut as well - I promptly told them what I thought of it

I noticed this week that one of the fog lamp screws is looking rusty.