Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leave Tyres Or Paint?

Hoovie

Which looks Best  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Painted or Plain?

• Leave Black
    • Paint Letters (and fill in)
    • Paint Letter, but just Outline

Hoovie

I had voted ("leave it black") but am currently in the "Land of the Free", specifically "Live Free or Die" territory, and there are gazillions of enormous SUVs and mighty-meaty 4x4s and a lot of them have white outlines - the Dueller A/T looks especially fetching. I was going to take some pictures of vehicles but Boston's Finest seem to become everso interested in the guy in a suit with the camera photographing other peoples' parked SUVs, so I decided to park that idea, metaphorically. For the time being at least :naughty:

Remember not to park where the kerbs are painted yellow! I had stopped my car by a yellow kerb and was taking some pics next to it - couple of guys were cycling around looking at my car (admiring it, maybe? :rolleyes: ) and then handed me a ticket ... "have a nice day"

you taking any orders for RAV4 spares to bring back ???

you taking any orders for RAV4 spares to bring back ???
There's a Toyota dealer about 2 stops away on the T, so as long as I can get it in my suitcase, and the TSA don't impound it (or me!) then yes, I'll do my best! I hope to get out there later today

BOSTON...................

The company I deal with and there software, are based in BOSTON.......Lovely place..Been on the Duck Boats yet Robert....I stayed in the Marriott Hotel and it had a great sports bar next to it.... :) :) :) :) :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I decided to do a Poster Campaign to check the reaction of the general public to see if I should paint the Tyres.

6ufaozhwzmoiyfz6f7gwte3.jpg

I think these two ladies voted YES!

:toot::toot:

Posh was quite impressed as well - reckon Becks will be chopping his Lambos and Ferraris in for a RAV4

s3wkkdvxkaifc1vrttlpzwgs7.jpg

Nicely photo chopped Hoovie. :thumbsup:. However, as I was told (by Chatman I think) when I first posted a certain (now repeatedly used) chopped picture of a certain member from Derbyshire, too much spare time mate! :lol:

Good 'ole NH huh Hoovie :Jumpy:

My vote is to fully paint the letters white.... (hell if Posh likes it........ ;) Unless like GarryL said the white could yellow quickly........

• 2 weeks later...

I did the lettering once, a long time ago. Even used a proper pen bought for the job. Can't even remember which car but it looked crap. I was young and foolish. B)

Took it for an MOT and got warned that I risked serious damage to the tires as they would not breath properly. Whatever that meant. it was put as warning notice on the mot paperwork, so had to clean it all off. :angry: Since then have always left tires black. Do occasionally use blackwall though.

The Rav looks good enough in black.

Took it for an MOT and got warned that I risked serious damage to the tires as they would not breath properly. Whatever that meant. it was put as warning notice on the mot paperwork, so had to clean it all off. :angry: Since then have always left tires black.

Bwahahahahahaha!!! What a load of krap!!

Do you still use that MOT station? :lol:

I did the lettering once, a long time ago. Even used a proper pen bought for the job. Can't even remember which car but it looked crap. I was young and foolish. B)

Took it for an MOT and got warned that I risked serious damage to the tires as they would not breath properly. Whatever that meant. it was put as warning notice on the mot paperwork, so had to clean it all off. :angry: Since then have always left tires black. Do occasionally use blackwall though.

The Rav looks good enough in black.

I am leaving 'em black - subtle and understated :D

total rubbish on the breathing thing though you were told I am sure!

Think the MOT man may be on about oak or something!!! He'll be telling you they are put out for seasoning for a year before they are fitted next.

Just added my vote to leave the black and now it's 14 to leave and 14 to paint (and fill in).

I guess we are not helping with the choice much :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Took it for an MOT and got warned that I risked serious damage to the tires as they would not breath properly. Whatever that meant. it was put as warning notice on the mot paperwork, so had to clean it all off. :angry: Since then have always left tires black.

Well actually NO! but never bothered since with lettering. Interestingly no one ever mentioned about blackwall on the tyres.

Well actually NO! but never bothered since with lettering. Interestingly no one ever mentioned about blackwall on the tyres.

Ooh, you don't want to use that on your tyres, they'll suffer from an athsma attack!

Seriously though, does that MOT station pass any vehicle first time??

Ooh, you don't want to use that on your tyres, they'll suffer from an athsma attack!

Seriously though, does that MOT station pass any vehicle first time??

This was over 20 yrs ago. I'm not sure they are even still open.

Did once about 5 yrs ago have a car fail because of a loose pinch nut which the tester refused to tighten for me. A 30 second job. Fail the MOT but drive it home tighten the nut and return for a free retest. Never gone back there either.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links