Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae92 Turbo Help

ae92boy

Im trying to turbo my fwd 4age.

I brought a manifold but it wont fit under the bonnet! :(

Does any1 no where i can get a manifold that doesnt require moving the distributor and fits under the bonnet of a ae92.

Any help much appreciated.

Also i am running 272 cams, should i take them out when i turbo the car? or will they be ok?

Finally, when i am finished can any1 reccommend an ECU thats not too expensive.

Many Thanks!

Are you turboing the stock 4AGE? If so, you cant really run much boost as the bottom end isnt strong enough. And its a high compression engine.

Get a 4AGZE, then youv got a forged bottom end and a lower compression ratio thats ideal for boost. Also the Dizzy's out of the way.

The 272 cams should be ok for turbo (have you uprated the valve spring?)

As for cheap ecu's you could try megasquirt

Momins right there’s no point of turobing a stock 4age engine you will get low hp gains for the money getting a 4agze is the best place to start.

As for the manifold I have only ever seen a ae92 with stock 4age with turbo and that was at TDi they had a HKS manifold (originally made for the ae86) but they modified it by making a plate and turning it around to fit under the bonnet (if that makes sense lol ) but thats is HKS and they are not cheap.

the other option is to have a custom one made

Ps have you got any pics of the manifold you have?

Good luck :thumbsup:

does it not fit dude? damn, have you thought of possibley cheating by lowering the eninge in the bay? why not go Megajolt dizzy-less ignition whilst your doing the conversion?

does it not fit dude? damn, have you thought of possibley cheating by lowering the eninge in the bay? why not go Megajolt dizzy-less ignition whilst your doing the conversion?

No doesn't fit mate, where can i get this dizzy-less ignition?

Cheers for your advice evey1

Where can i get a megasquirt ecu? Also i tried to get a 4agze from fensport but they said they dont get them any more, any1 any ideas where to get a 4agze from?

Cheers

post-48690-1222113291_thumb.jpg

mr poor rolla :(

you can turbo the GE but you will need to change the pistons and rods (parts are available JE do pistons and THS do a rod set).

nice lookin rolla doesnt look as bad as mine did during the Shell up rebuild

16012006002.jpg

you can turbo the GE but you will need to change the pistons and rods (parts are available JE do pistons and THS do a rod set).

nice lookin rolla doesnt look as bad as mine did during the shell up rebuild

16012006002.jpg

Wow you have 1 amazing corolla!

Sorry to seem stupid, but can these megasqirt ecu's go on any car or do i have to get 1 for my engine?

Also if i replace the rods and pistons and move the distributor will i be good to go?

Fed up of my car being off the road :(

post-48690-1222200205_thumb.jpg

Where can i get a megasquirt ecu? Also i tried to get a 4agze from fensport but they said they dont get them any more, any1 any ideas where to get a 4agze from?

Cheers

post-48690-1222113291_thumb.jpg

mr poor rolla :(

I can put you in touch with someone who can supply 4AGZE engines. PM me for details. However I would recommend that you decide what you want to do with your Corolla before purchasing more bits. Like others have already said, if you turbo the 4AGE engine you will not get good power gains compared to the time and effort put in plus you will need to consider uprating the pistons and rods.

The 4AGZE can be turbo'd but why go down that route when you have a supercharged engine already??

loads of 4a and 7a's have been turbo'd stateside - alot use the gze pistons. do some proper research, there's a forum dedicated to it...............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links