Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

St205 Charcooler Kit To Fit On St185 Non Cs/rc

Danger_GT4

Hi all

Just a post to see if anyone has tried to fit a st205 charge cooler setup on a st185 to see what issues you came across?

I bought this setup and have test fit the CC in place of my ATA IC and dont think there will be any probs there, as for the pump i reckon i can get it mounted somewhere.

My main issue i have at the moment is getting the CC Rad to fit in with all my existing bits (Radiator and AC Radiator etc) i have a 93 st185 so has the facelift grill with the 2 round foggers. To be honest now that i've came to fitting it there aint as much room as i 1st thought in the front to be installing this 3rd rad! i reckon it will fit but i think i may have to do a bit of cutting (EEEEK!). I forgot to take pictures when i was out this morning "test fitting" the new CC rad, but i see a long steel plate going across the front (the foggers use this for support if i remember right) i can assume this is the main support bar? could i cut into this say by a few MM maybe an inch max? this would alow the rad to sit infront of the other rads. I never managed to get the bumper removed but got the under tray and stuff off and popped her up and got underneath to see. Going down the new CS bumper route isnt an option for me at the moment unless anyones giving one away! ;)

i honestly think it will fit with a bit of persuasion but i just wanted to check with you all for any advice and to see if anyone else has done this and if it was also a problem and what they did to get round it?

thanks in advance troops

Dave :thumbsup:

most st205 keepers ditched the cc for a fmic , this is the way you should go.

most st205 keepers ditched the cc for a fmic , this is the way you should go.

Hi, thanks for your reply - i did think about going down that road but i ended up going this way. either way i still need to make the space somehow at the front end for the Rad. Just wondering if anyone else attempted this and what the did to gain the bit of space needed.

some people have cut away part of the support bar to make room for things have also heard of metro radiators being used as cc pre rads

HTH

Here's pic of the conversion done to my RAV using an MR2 3SGTE engine and a GT4 charge intercooler with a wee radiator squeezed up front cos there's no room for anything else....

IMGP0028.jpg

I think the radiator was from a Fiat but the guys at The Garage in Motherwell - Dennis did the work - could maybe tell you which may fit. 01698 265303

it can be done but the charge cooler will need the inlet (the end that goes to the turbo) moving to line up with the turbo position on the 185. you will also need a throttle body adaptor making as they are different sizes 185 and 205. it does work well. there was a guy on the OC that was running about 420bhp on a std 185 with a turbo technics hybrid exhaust hydra Nemesis ecu and injectors. trust me the charge cooler is fine upto 450bhp. for some reason people think that a FMIC is better, all you need to do is look what the WRC team used

Cheers for the input guys, i see that the RAV CC Rad is tightly packed in there indeed! surely being so close to the boiling radiator that would hinder performance a little and raise the intake temp a bit - in saying that once the air flow is getting thru them that would sort that out.

As for the CC-TB connector i bought the CS one so will warm that up and squeeze it on, i know what you mean about the tubby lining up with the Tubby-CC Inlet as well, it was marginally out of line but should be able to push it on ok.

Looking forward to gettin it all in and running - im not really power hungry (YET!), i do enjoy working on the four with little bits n bobs, this is the biggest mod i have done and have a couple of friends on standby to help :) just waiting for that all important dry weekend! (could be waiting a loooong time..!)

another mate suggested cutting into the support bar by a few millimetres, at both ends by the amound i need and just fold down the cut bit to make the room, that sounds like a plan to me. the st205 CC Rad isnt the thinest Rad ive seen at 35mm if it was 30 then i dont think id have a prob! its all fun and games :lol:

Alright sir, told you it was alot of hassle. major kudos for keeping on trying. it should be able to fit but as it's been mentioned a little triming of the support bar may be needed, what stopped you from getting the bumper off?

bumper off =15mins and there is loads of room behind there esp if you move the gearbox oil cooler and the power steering cooler. bining the aircon helps too

alright 4bes! yeah i hear ya, but either way i need to find the space - ill be honest and you will all laugh but i never got the bumper off - decided that i could see enough by removing the under tray etc! it will fit i know it will, and ive had some good suggestions so im glad i posted up here! moving the oil cooler might be the way forward its one of the main obstructions - i was a bit hesitant bout moving it as it was slightly rusty! ill get another good look at it this weekend hopefully now ive had all these suggestions...tell you what its not half getting dark early now! wish i had a garage! :crybaby:

i dont want to go down the CS bumper route as they are far and few between and cost a packet when you do find one, although the doo look the mutz!

just out of interest, would it be a waste if i filled the CC up with toyota red coolant? i have 5L of the stuff bought for when i was loosing coolant last yr (ended up needing new engine as i was sold car with an engine with a crack in the block!) - or am i best using water and antifreeze once i got rid of any leaks etc? 6 and two 3's?

Cheers troops

get yourself on e-bay to see if you can find proper gear box oil coolers cheap, then you'll be able to re-locate it anywhere ;)

you should be filling the CC with 'fourlife' anyways, it's toyotas finest ;) lol that spelling of forlife actually made me chuckle, it's far too early on my day of to be up lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links