Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Reset Automatic Windows

kimi

How to reset automatic window function:

Sometimes after disconnecting the Battery on your Corolla, the automatic windows function will not work properly.

To reset the function with the ignition on, hold the relevant window button up for 5 or more seconds. This will reset the window parameters and the auto function will work again.

(Thanks to Moonstone Mart who originally posted the tip)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that worked great -- thanks! I was afraid that I'd have to rip the door apart (again).

How did you figure that out?!

-- David

Sometimes after disconnecting the battery on your Corolla, the automatic windows function will not work properly.

To reset the function with the ignition on, hold the relevant window button up for 5 or more seconds. This will reset the window parameters and the auto function will work again.

Wow, that worked great -- thanks! I was afraid that I'd have to rip the door apart (again).

How did you figure that out?!

-- David

Sometimes after disconnecting the battery on your Corolla, the automatic windows function will not work properly.

This is what I like about forums such as this.... owners helping other owners :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

i dnt no how u figured that out am greatful. :thumbsup: would u no how to set off the car alarm with out breakin the car becoz i dnt no if it works lol. it did nt !Removed! wid an manual.

• 7 months later...
i dnt no how u figured that out am greatful. :thumbsup: would u no how to set off the car alarm with out breakin the car becoz i dnt no if it works lol. it did nt !Removed! wid an manual.

just unlock the door and try the ignition without pressing the fob, set mine off when the Battery in the fob was flat and the spare keys where in the wifes safe place that only she knows

• 4 years later...