Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cambelt Change D-4d

bobbarnes

Hi All,

My service book has the cambelt change interval as 60k but no time in years.

I'm coming up to 5th year service and the mileage is 48k. I'm sure I read on here that it was 5 years but can't seem to find it now.

Hoping that it's in sync with the service interval and that its therefore 6 years.

Also, for a 50k intermediate service do most people just go for an oil and filter change plus checks? Mine's only done 4k since the last full 40k

service so can't see why more would need doing. If so how many hours do you reckon this should take?

Cheers,

Bob

Have Avensis D4D & cambelt change is 60,000 miles or every 3 years. So i would imagine your vehicle is the same, reason it goes on years as well as milage is the rubber within belt & other components can wear through age.

Have Avensis D4D & cambelt change is 60,000 miles or every 3 years. So i would imagine your vehicle is the same, reason it goes on years as well as milage is the rubber within belt & other components can wear through age.

OK thanks. Three years seems a very short period. I'm pretty sure the Corrolla is at least 5. It's suprising that the service book doesn't have this time interval considering the importance of the cambelt.

Just had a look in the manual and it actually doesn't specify the amount in years .... I would just pick up the phone and give Toyota a quick call and ask

Just had a look in the manual and it actually doesn't specify the amount in years .... I would just pick up the phone and give Toyota a quick call and ask

Sounded like a good idea. The service department at my nearest dealer was busy - reception said they would phone me right back. That was Saturday .. still waiting! On to the next one I suppose.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links