Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Haggling New Car Price

Solway

Hi all, I'm a newbie on here, so go easy on me.

I'm getting ready to go and strike a deal with one of the local Toyota dealerships for a new Yaris 1.4D-4D, with metallic paint and protection pack.

I'm hoping to sell my current car privately, even if I only get the trade-in price, I think it will put me in a better bargaining position.

The retail price on the car I want is £13190, two dealerships have come with a discounted price of £12600 approx without any pushing from myself.

Anyone on here with any recent experiences of haggling a bit more discount out of the dealers?

Hi all, I'm a newbie on here, so go easy on me.

I'm getting ready to go and strike a deal with one of the local Toyota dealerships for a new Yaris 1.4D-4D, with metallic paint and protection pack.

I'm hoping to sell my current car privately, even if I only get the trade-in price, I think it will put me in a better bargaining position.

The retail price on the car I want is £13190, two dealerships have come with a discounted price of £12600 approx without any pushing from myself.

Anyone on here with any recent experiences of haggling a bit more discount out of the dealers?

Hi

You are in a great position at the moment, the dealers are desperate for sales, sit down with the phone and ring 10+ Toyota dealers, tell them what you want and that you are phoning around for the best price, tell them you will buy immediatly from the lowest dealer, don't ask for the price straight away, tell them to e-mail/ring you back when they have spoken to their sales manager and got the best price.

When you have the best price, go to your local dealer and see if they will match it. When they do and you are about to sign up for it ask for a first service free, you may get it you may not.... worth a try and great fun haggling

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your new car

Pete

As all dealers work on targets, end of the month is best... like the next week.

If it was me, i would go on the below website and get a price for the exact car you want (i am guessing a T-Spirit 3dr?). Then armed with the price call your local dealer and ask them to match it. Then you will get the car at the best possible price whilst still buying locally.

Incidentally i would want to get a Yaris 1.4d-4d T-Spirit 3dr with the paint & Pro Pack for £11,500 ish, good luck. :thumbsup:

http://www.drivethedeal.com

yeah id agree wih the above take in a quote and see if they will match. although i tried this when buying my first yaris and they werent intrested as they claimed they cant match car supermarkets. when i bought mine i went in with a set limit i could afford (thats what i claimed). got them to within a couple of 100 quid or so of that and then you start asking for the xtras say you want alloys for eg if they dont already have them or the protection pack that u want. very rarely in my experience are they willing to lose a sell just based on not giving you the alloys or fogs lights for eg that you want added on for free. considering the market at the min go for everything u can get. i bet they are deseperate to get sales

If it was me, i would go on the below website and get a price for the exact car you want (i am guessing a T-Spirit 3dr?). Then armed with the price call your local dealer and ask them to match it. Then you will get the car at the best possible price whilst still buying locally.

Incidentally i would want to get a Yaris 1.4d-4d T-Spirit 3dr with the paint & Pro Pack for £11,500 ish, good luck. :thumbsup:

http://www.drivethedeal.com

It's the Yaris SR 1.4D-4D I'm after, with protection pack and metallic paint.

I'll have a look at that link, cheers. (it's all ammo).

Broadspeed.com are usually the most competitive on-line site so its worth a look there as well.

TBH though the deals on the diesels are fewer than the petrol models as there seen to be more economical both to run and tax.

There are some amazing deals at the moment on 1.8SR's with over 3K off list price.

I've been tempted by one with 29miles on the clock for £10.5K.

I've not seen anything below £12K on the diesels.

Even if you keep the 1.8SR for a few years it would take some time and mileage to match the saving on a 1.8SR.

I put an order in for a Yaris SR 1.4D back in august, standard chili red with no extras... local dealer wanted £11,900, another dealer had an 'invite' only event where they were offering all new cars at cost price, best they could do was £11,900.... went to www.broadspeed.com and managed to get one for £10,600, including the excellent low finance deal. A quick check has shown that they've put the price up now to £11.1K, but I still think bargains are to be had!

Only downside being, 10 week delivery and was informed last week that its been delayed again. Also, I have to go all the way to birmingham to get it as the dealership apparently can't transport it down to me.

I put an order in for a Yaris SR 1.4D back in august, standard chili red with no extras... local dealer wanted £11,900, another dealer had an 'invite' only event where they were offering all new cars at cost price, best they could do was £11,900.... went to www.broadspeed.com and managed to get one for £10,600, including the excellent low finance deal. A quick check has shown that they've put the price up now to £11.1K, but I still think bargains are to be had!

Only downside being, 10 week delivery and was informed last week that its been delayed again. Also, I have to go all the way to birmingham to get it as the dealership apparently can't transport it down to me.

Mmm I just checked and they want £11429 plus the £300 Broadspeed fee so nearer to £12K than £11K.

Still something to take to the dealer when haggling.

Aren't Toyota doing a free 3 years servicing at the moment? So no top of any discount you get from a dealer you should also remember this before buying from else where.

You should get a very good deal at the moment. One thing though, they will probable bring out a bill form Toyota showing the car costing them X amount, which won't be much less than what they are offering the car to you. I think the one I was shown a couple of months ago, with the discount I got said they were only making a couple of hundred on the car. Don't believe this, there is no way that it's true, worst case is that is what they pay for the car and then Toyota give them a cash back deal.

Aren't Toyota doing a free 3 years servicing at the moment? So no top of any discount you get from a dealer you should also remember this before buying from else where.

You should get a very good deal at the moment. One thing though, they will probable bring out a bill form Toyota showing the car costing them X amount, which won't be much less than what they are offering the car to you. I think the one I was shown a couple of months ago, with the discount I got said they were only making a couple of hundred on the car. Don't believe this, there is no way that it's true, worst case is that is what they pay for the car and then Toyota give them a cash back deal.

Go in, telling them you are looking for a pre- registered or nearly new used one. Find one for around ten grand and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will rather sell you a new one, for around 11 though, to make the sales targets look good. B)

Update.

Got a couple of offers from some dealers.

Looks like Toyota are discounting some of their range this month.

One dealer come with £11295 inc protection pack and metallic.

Another £11695 including extra 2 years warranty.

So it looks like there is some good savings to be made.

Update.

Things in the trade are dead at the moment, i would imagine Toyota are putting some support monies in to help the dealers shift the cars. This quarter ends in December and they are giving good deals now, things must be tough.

Both prices look very good, provided you are the 1st owner and there not pre registrations then its a good price, i dont think you will be getting a lot more off. :)

Toyota have a raft of special offers and money saving deals for this quarter (Oct-Dec) Too many to list here

Our website will have all the current offers updated by the close of business on 3rd Oct. You will be able to view eBrochures and find out what the deals are on each model, you will be able to listen to the deals in audio format too

LINDOP TOYOTA

Wait until close of business Friday 3rd

Kingo :thumbsup:

Update.

Things in the trade are dead at the moment, i would imagine Toyota are putting some support monies in to help the dealers shift the cars. This quarter ends in December and they are giving good deals now, things must be tough.

Both prices look very good, provided you are the 1st owner and there not pre registrations then its a good price, i dont think you will be getting a lot more off. :)

Yep, these are brand spanking new cars.

Business is dire for some manufacturers, however Toyota have exceeded their market share in many sectors, Aygo sales are up 17% even models like RAV4 have taken a 12% share of the SUV market. Targets are everything to manufacturers, and nobody wants to be seen to be going backwards. Toyota want to finish the year on a high, they currently have a 6% market share and are the number four retail motor manufacturer in the UK. In a market that went backwards by 6% in September, Toyota have bucked the trend, and are continuing the theme "more for less" in the last quarter. There are some fantastic customer savings to be had, as well as a lot of other flexible options like PCP and finance

All of the offers available will be posted up on our website later

Kingo :thumbsup:

Update.

It's getting better, had a quote off local dealer, just happen to mention other dealers best prices so far, come with £11250.

I would frefer to use the local dealer.

A question- If I do purchase off another dealer, can I use my local dealer for warranty work, even minor new car problems, as if I bought the car off them? Can I expect looks over tops of glasses, tutting, that sort of thing? Or are all Toyota dealers one united front, hope so?

Update.

It's getting better, had a quote off local dealer, just happen to mention other dealers best prices so far, come with £11250.

I would frefer to use the local dealer.

A question- If I do purchase off another dealer, can I use my local dealer for warranty work, even minor new car problems, as if I bought the car off them? Can I expect looks over tops of glasses, tutting, that sort of thing? Or are all Toyota dealers one united front, hope so?

Dealers as franchisees of the manufacturer are obligated to do the work on cars with valid UK warranties. I would strongly recommend you buy locally (provided the deal is good enough) as it helps with any after-sales issues as you have a relationship with the dealer. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links