Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Went Off Roading Today.......

chatman

As I'm now confined to be a Horse Widow :horse: B) B)

Daughter now spending weekends shovelling Rose bush feed :lol::sick: :sick: :horse:

Me and my trusty steed went on a bit of a jaunt.....

Did the Flitch Way yesterday....Great Dunmow to Braintree and back...Nice and easy track along old Railway line.....(should keep the train people amongst you interested)

Today did some of the Essex Way..this one passes right by my cottage so thought I'll see what it's like :) :) :) :)

A few snaps I took along the way (taken with my Blackberry camera phone ;) )

IMG00230.jpg

IMG00231.jpg

IMG00232.jpg

This is the church in my village....Funnily enough it is in the Dead Centre of the village as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IMG00233.jpg

IMG00234.jpg

IMG00236.jpg

IMG00235.jpg

IMG0011.jpg

Now every where is dry at the moment...so I'll wait until a few days of rain have passed then try the course again....Should be fun....... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chatman

• anchorman

• local hero

• Parts-King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks great, but isn't the bike "parked up" a fair bit?? I mean, I know if it was me, I'd be off the bike more than on, taking a photo/receiving medical attention/being helicoptered to the nearest cardiac hospital (probably in that order) :lol:

I'd have expected something a bit like this from you

bike2.jpg

or even this

bike3.jpg

or maybe this

bike1.jpg

Seriously, it's a beautiful day here in Ireland, so I've been out on this

CB750R1.jpg

But then, I don't need to pedal it :scooter:

Chatman.... is this a classified 'byway'? If so it looks a decent 'non scratchy' drive and one that I would like to try :)

Can you please pm me with any details :D

Robert...Those shots are good...if you have two people, one to ride the bike in the photos and the other to lay on the floor whilst you jump over them.... :eek: :eek:

As it was only me....placing the camera in a tree whist I whizzed by was not an option... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Only reason I stopped was to check the map...Signpost's around here seem to be few and far between, or old and pointing in the wrong direction B) :ffs:

Wifey came back from work and deposited her dirty car and took my RAV upto stables :horse: , I gave her strict orders, no hay bales in the back :nono::chair: So guess I'll have to clean her car now mines gone....think that's what she meant

• 10 months later...

Decision time ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

All this talk about new cars got me thinking..and spending :D .. Shall I go for Grey or Blue and white.... ;) ;)

8fcdebf72cb8c8ea94f40de2bb082ff9.image.488x350.jpg

acc30ad83961f4cab62f4e8a721ef5fa.image.488x350.jpg

New bike shop opened in Chelmsford now and they are a dealer for these CUBE bikes :drool: :drool: So went over to have a look.... but cant decide on what colour....Been after one of these for a while...

MY GT bile is in white and looks nice...but will having another white bike be over kill......

Oh the traffic into work lately has been a real pain...people keep crashing on the M25 during rush hour (why cant they do this after this time :rolleyes: ) every day last week taken 2 hours to travel the 32 miles to from work... some times on way into work and then again on way home.... SO sod it....I'm parking up near work and cycling in the rest. Miss out the M25 bit.......and if they bring in that sodding work parking tax...so will the rest of our company :eek: :eek:

I'M biased but go for the carbon quartz mate, (grey) looks more manly + rugged + can only help improve your image.. :thumbsup: Stew

EH LAD!!!! Tha cud do wi gettin a proper saddle tho :yes: :shutit:

EH LAD!!!! Tha cud do wi gettin a proper saddle tho :yes: :!Removed!:

:lol: :lol: Saddle technology has come on a long way since the penny farthings Local..... :P :P :P

Grey! :thumbsup:

The red flashes in the wheels look cool. B)

Yea I was drawn more to the Grey one. :yes: .Like the look of the wheels more on this one... Still when it's upto it's hubs in mud..it'll look like all the others......blending into the countryside nicely :yahoo: :yahoo:

Also buying some stuff for the tyres called Slime.. It's green in colour and you place it inside the inner-tubes.. Seals up any puncture.... Brilliant stuff....Also some of the new rims you can get are tubeless...like car tyres...

Nice one Chatters...........I'm currently doing about 10 mile per day......In training for the hell run :eek:

Heres me...third from the right on the coast to coast bike ride a few years back, supporting a fine set of moobs :lol:

Sadly my bike is an old jalopy of a Raleigh :crybaby:

290730228_o.jpg

Kingo :thumbsup:

quote]

Also buying some stuff for the tyres called Slime.. It's green in colour and you place it inside the inner-tubes.. Seals up any puncture.... Brilliant stuff....Also some of the new rims you can get are tubeless...like car tyres...

Oh no :eek: Not gunk and run flats for bikes now surely?

Oh no :eek: Not gunk and run flats for bikes now surely?

:D: :D: ......Yep sure is......have it in mine too, mind you, I managed to get a punture last week when a drawing pin ended up in the tyre so it isnt foolproof :eek:

290730228_o.jpg

Kingo...

Why is the guy holding the yellow racing bike...sucking in his chest and looks like he's holding his breath.... :sick::sick:

It was the prune and baked bean breakfast........parrrrp excuse me! :D:

I think he was trying to look cool B)

A mate of mine who loves his gadgets, bought a set of "solid" foam tyres for his mountain bike and proudly proclaimed 'no more punctures for me, you can run over glass with these things on!'.

And sure enough they worked great in the dry....

Trouble was these foam tyres drank up water like a camel after a 1000 mile trek in the desert and he would end up going no where because his wheels suddenly each had two and half tonnes of water logged tyres on them. :lol::lol::lol:

.....and they never completely dried out. :crybaby:

Bet that added another couple of pounds weight to the bike... and a horrible pong smell :sick::sick:

The Pro down hiller's have special Kevlar woven tyres to cope with the impact and rock strewn tracks.... As I don't think they would like getting a puncture whilst hurtling down a very steep hill....

Explaining to the wife I brought a new bike and also purchased some Kevlar tyres....Would take some explaining and that could be hard whilst on and intravenous drip and in total traction in hospital.... :lol::lol::lol: with a little sack of balls sat next to me :eek::wacko::crybaby:

Watch the vid here...every year they have this Mega Avalanche Mountain Bike race.... :eek::eek::eek:

CLICK HERE

Watch the vid here...every year they have this Mega Avalanche Mountain Bike race.... :eek::eek::eek:

:eek: That was something else! :lol::lol:

...the guy he hit, well, he was still have the bruises! :crutchy:

:thumbsup:

EH LAD!!!! Tha cud do wi gettin a proper saddle tho :yes: :shutit:

:lol: :lol: Saddle technology has come on a long way since the penny farthings Local..... :P :P :P

Chatters, Just thought I'd show you a proper bike, my wife who loves anything old (await witty comments) fell in love with this replica bike which i bought for her 15yrs ago, its called a Pashley has a proper bell, wicker basket, brooks leather saddle, + 3 speed sturmey archer gears + in the past 15yrs has done just about 5 miles, Women Eh!!!

chrisbike057.jpg

chrisbike058.jpg

NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL A SADDLE :thumbsup: Stew

All it needs is arms and a backrest Stew.

Chatters

That blue is the same as the RAV. Its a no brainer to me!!!

All it needs is arms and a backrest Stew.

Chatters

That blue is the same as the RAV. Its a no brainer to me!!!

Stew...those saddles are more shaped for the larger Women rear end...they seem to fit it better.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anchorman... buying a bike to match the RAV is just....................................................well I might consider it ;) ;) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stew...those saddles are more shaped for the larger Women rear end...they seem to fit it better.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
WOW! good job you live the other end of the country Local Heroine is NOT pleased with you :D :D :D

looks good . must get out on mine again soon/ more action like this.....

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

WOW! good job you live the other end of the country Local Heroine is NOT pleased with you :D :D :D

Stew that photo is wrong so wrong in more counts than ever :sick: :sick: :sick: ...so bad I took the link out.....I don't think they would make a bike strong enough to hold the weight...and would need surgery to find the saddle again.....

I've removed it Chatters, It was pretty gross, tho doing the rounds as an email + available on photobucket :ban: Stew

Being a bycicle rider myself, I can only salute you!

I take my father from time to time for a 40 -50 km trip, with our folding bikes: Brompton (father) and Dahon (me). Great engineering. And we took them everywere.

post-50094-1249842412_thumb.jpg

Being a bycicle rider myself, I can only salute you!

I take my father from time to time for a 40 -50 km trip, with our folding bikes: Brompton (father) and Dahon (me). Great engineering. And we took them everywere.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Nice one Nest.... Those folding bikes are a brilliant piece of engineering... A guy at work has a Dahon...cost a ££££, great for commuting...I tend to take m mountain bike a bit further off road, and it and me take a good pounding.... :wacko::wacko: but as it turns out this is good for my Skeleton as well..... :yes:

The answer lies in a previous study published in a 2002 issue of Bone magazine, which found that mountain bikers had considerably higher bone density than the sample road cyclists. It seems that bumpy trails will give your skeleton all the impact it needs to stimulate bone growth and it will improve your bike handling and recovery rate in leaps and bounds too.

Read rest of topic HERE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links