Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris D4d Problems

Viggen

Hi all, sorry this is my first post and it's a question.

We have a D4D and it's developed a few problems.

The car is an 08 plate and has only done 5k miles but it seems to have a random low Battery on start up. Some times it will start fine, others it will just about stagger into life?

Also on occasion whilst pulling away in first, changing from first to second or when I put my foot down in second I get a thud from the front, almost like an engine mount sound?

Has anyone else encountered these issues. I think I need to talk to Toyota tomorrow?

The car is an 08 plate and has only done 5k miles but it seems to have a random low battery on start up. Some times it will start fine, others it will just about stagger into life?

Also on occasion whilst pulling away in first, changing from first to second or when I put my foot down in second I get a thud from the front, almost like an engine mount sound?

Has anyone else encountered these issues. I think I need to talk to Toyota tomorrow?

The car is an 08 plate and has only done 5k miles but it seems to have a random low battery on start up. Some times it will start fine, others it will just about stagger into life?

Ok so the starting problem was caused by a leaky Battery, which has been replaced.

The other issue is more of a concern though. Sometimes in first gear pulling off, or when changing from first to second and letting out the clutch there is a noticeable thud from the front.

Toyota are 'aware' of issues with the diesel Yaris and similar problems to the ones we are encountering with ours. They say there is no saftey issue but others have reported the same issues and the problem is being 'monitored'.

Interestingly it also needed some clips replacing on the engine cover and a fuel line was badly damaged? All done under warranty but strange non the less?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links