Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help

kevbazl

GT4

if you could give me some info ;) thanks...

a while back my clutch went in my GT4 1991 CS when my mate that fitted the clutch he somehow broke (what i think is a vacuum hose) !!

its a small hose on the driver side of the car best way to get to this hose is take off the front wheel look up in there its the near pipe thats off if you turn on the car and put your finger on it it sucks air as you can feel, rev the car and it sucks a bit more .. this is making the car run bad and the eingin managment light is on...but not untill i tip the gas peddle a wee noise happens 4 about 10 secounds then the light comes on (dont know what the we noise is but it used to only go on 4 about 2-3 sec before)

Do you know is a big job to fix?

a lot of garages dont want to even look at a car like this cos its 1991 and most dont know how

cheers,

kevin,

kevbazl@yahoo.ie

power steering idle up valve. best just blocking up both pipes as a new valve is about £100. it wont affect running when the pipes are blocked as all it does is raise the rpm when you turn the steering wheel.

power steering idle up valve. best just blocking up both pipes as a new valve is about £100. it wont affect running when the pipes are blocked as all it does is raise the rpm when you turn the steering wheel.

sound man thanks 4 da reply , ill try that, me car is getting full respray so she look nice when she comes back 2 me , just hope that works , do you think it will fix the engine management light prob. :unsure:

depends what error code its brought up, check about on the forums on how to read ecu codes.

as yours is the CS its most likely the charge cooler coolant level (code 54)

depends what error code its brought up, check about on the forums on how to read ecu codes.

your spot on boi , ya code 54 is coming up ,thanks :D

Wel mate , thanks 4 the info on charge cooler coolant , there is NO water or coolant in there :( ....

will this of %$(ed up my car or damaged it was like this 4 bout 3 weeks :unsure:

and will i have to put in special fulid or just normal coolent ,

cheers bud. :D

just normal antifreeze and water, car should be ok as it will go into a safe mode if water is not detected.

top it up and see how it goes :thumbsup:

just normal antifreeze and water, car should be ok as it will go into a safe mode if water is not detected.

top it up and see how it goes :thumbsup:

wel lad how are ya, ya flushed out my rad and put in antifreeze & coolant into it , and filled the charger cooler wit the same ,its going a bomb now :D :D :D

thanks a million 4 info, if i was in a pub id buy ya a drink...

is there any mods you know of i can make to make the CS to make it go faster, i thought the CS celica would be a weapon to go but its fairly standred for a turbo, as i used to have a astra GSI red top ,it was quicker

its amazing looking car though just out of garage after giving it a full respray ,you would want to see the looks she gets :D its the nicest car around.

thanks anyway bud!!

post-56244-1223496031_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links