Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slapa Is Very Poorly

GIDDLEPIN

So Les, the problem sorted yet? - well enough to take the SLAPPA to abberford? :D

Highly unlikely :(

any news yet les?

As far as I know - the O2 sensors arrived today by post. He's going to fit them this weekend n then I believe the garage is going to test the emissions??? Is this correct???? AND then the saga goes on...............sighs :(

Latest update:

I may have exagerated a little when I said it would take me ten minutes to change the sensors :blushing:

I got Anne to video me while I changed them and................Well, have a look CLICKY

Yes, it was under five minutes and before anybody comments about them being recently changed, I can assure you the six year old sensors came out just as easily ;)

I am going down on Monday to see how things are and if the misfire has gone, if so they will check the emissions to see if the cat is or isn't toast, it doesn't matter either way as I shall be getting a sportscat fitted when it goes to Exhausts UK for the silencer problem.

The biggest worry is that there maybe a fault in the ECU that is preventing it reading sensor information and I would need a new one :fear:

Les

Well done Les...you changed those in the time it would take a Master Tech to find the right page in the workshop manual :D

Hope all goes well on Monday... :)

Well.

Hands up in the air and head hanging in shame. This little episode is down to yours truly :blushing:

My obsession with keeping things tidy has bitten me well and truly in the bum :bangin:

I thought I would tidy the four crimped heat shrink wrapped wires with one large heat shrink cover..............WRONG!!! The constant heat in the engine bay caused the outer cover to contract tighter and tighter causing the inner ones to ..........................Well, the picture says it all.

This is what greeted me after splitting the outer cover. :(

fdb8a102.jpg

As you can see one of the small covers has split and the other bare end has come into contact causing the problem.

I'm happy to say that apart from replacing the sensors and the cat needing to be changed I'm extremely lucky to get away with what could have been a VERY expensive error.

An emission test showed that although the cat is damaged it is still within pass limits, I will still get it changed as I have said, when the silencer is done this week I hope.

The pre cats were not an issue with this problem and I will be more than happy to leave them in although I REALLY fancy a Che header and will probably get one once the high flow cat is fitted ;)

Finally:

John Roe Toyota (Hull) spent six hours plus on the car, swapping coil packs, injectors and general diagnostics. This should have been over £450 plus VAT, my final bill.......................£150 + VAT = £176.25

Thank you John Roe :toast:

Les

Forgot to mention, my car came under the "Wiring loom modification campaign" and I got £15 worth of petrol free as part of the support package for inconvenience :yahoo:

Now don't beat yourself up over this Les, :( , a belt-and-braces repair is USUALLY the best thing to do. Mind you, if - as a youngster - you ever walked into a hot room wearing a pair of tight-fitting polyester underpants...then you should have known better!! :)

Anyway, so pleased to read that you've resolved the problems with Slaper...and well done to the Toyota garage for its part in solving the problems - without ripping you off!

Hope I can make you feel better by telling you that I changed the oil and filter on our Honda Civic last week...before heading to the North Yorks National Park with my 84-year-old in-laws. During the 90 mile journey I kept getting a slight whiff of burning oil - but put it down to all the motorcyclists that kept flying past us. SUDDENLY I thought: "I don't remember putting the oil filler cap back on." And sure enough - when I stopped and lifted the bonnet -oil was dripping all over the engine bay - including the manifold!! What a mess! :rolleyes:

Oooooh Les, that was an expensive mistake, but atleast the saga is over. Shame it couldn't of been resolved last Friday, would of been nice to have some one else to back the corner of the Roadster against all those Mk2's!! :D

Oooooh Les, that was an expensive mistake, but atleast the saga is over. Shame it couldn't of been resolved last Friday, would of been nice to have some one else to back the corner of the Roadster against all those Mk2's!! :D

MK2s RULE :lol:

Glad that you have it sorted and back on the road Les :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind comments :yes:

Going to Sheffield tomorrow to get my rattling exhaust sorted and having a new high flow cat fitted, I'm also ordering a "Che Header" from America and will fit that as soon as it arrives. :thumbsup:

Che Header

537c1w4.jpg

Check this out, Les, before you order: http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/lofiversi...php/t44056.html...although it appears to have been a 'one-off' problem...and Che's response is very fair... :(

I suspect you just want to be a boy racer again - with an exhaust that sounds like this: : B)

...if so all you need to do is drill a hole in the silencer box...that will bring the CEL light on...but that's nothing new to us is it :D !!

Check this out, Les, before you order: http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/lofiversi...php/t44056.html...although it appears to have been a 'one-off' problem...and Che's response is very fair... :(

Thanks for your concern Dave :thumbsup:

I read that article quite a while ago and it gives me more confidence to know that if the product did fail I stand a better chance of it being rectified than if I purchased an unknown make that failed. ;)

I am still keeping the original header (with pre-cats) and if any problem occurs in the long term then I have a fall back unit. :thumbsup:

Not really going for a boy racer noise, I really hope if a new silencer is fitted it will retain the sound I have now :yes:

Les

Will look forward to reading and seeing (always appreciate the pics/video) how things go, Les. Let's hope you are soon back on the road!! :)

By the way...my wife came back from Keswick last week and said: "A warning light's come on...you know the one you are always talking about." :rolleyes:

Put the scanner on and up came two old chestnuts: P0155 and P1349!! Car was running fine...so fingers crossed.

I didn't really want to point out, to Forum members, the fact that CEL lights - on MK3s - seem to switch on and off more times than a Belisha beacon. No, I wanted everyone to know that I do let my better half drive the car SOMETIMES!! :laughing:

The 1349 code comes up on mine when ever I drive in "Granny" mode, it has done it for well over a year now and it flashed up again yesterday, it's something to do with the VVTi system as I have said before, but at least I know there is nothing wrong with mine as one of the checks was for just that, so it is probably an over sensitive sensor ;)

Les

*hangs head in shame* - I actually like the boy racer exhaust on the youtube clip :blushing:

With 1000+ units sold and one well publicised case I think the CHE header will be a safe bet. Let me know how you get on Les, may follow suit when the finances are in check. :)