Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Servicing

Norfolk n Chance

Got a quote for my 50k service from Mr T. Been quoted £127 :o

Is that right? Seems quite cheap for a main dealer service, only concerned as he asked what size engine the T Sport had! :P

The 50k service is an intermediate, so it won't be as expensive as the 20/40/60k ones etc. However, I'm almost positive they will want to replace your brake pads and disks along with a host of other things which will drive the cost up to £500.

I don't see the point in main dealer servicing once you are out of warranty as the resale benefit you get will be a few quid compared to the hundreds (and for some people, thousands) extra they have spent due to paying over the odds prices at their main dealers. When I did my 50k service at my local (and excellent) Garage, it cost me about £85 and they even replaced the rubber mounts on my exhaust for free as it was knocking a bit.

Only use Mr T as my local garage doesn't offer courtesy cars and i'd have to take a day off work.

As for them wanting to change things they tried that last time, i just refused to let them do anything! :lol:

My local garage can do the service for £165 :huh:

So a main dealer is £38 cheaper and i can have a courtesy car? :wacko:

I'm very lucky because the garage is next to the train station, so I just park up in the morning and get the train into the City, and then pick the car up on the way home in the evening. :D

My local garage can do the service for £165 :huh:

So a main dealer is £38 cheaper and i can have a courtesy car? :wacko:

They must have a note on the system telling them your an informed customer aka tight git!! :lol:

No thankyou i don't wish to pay £5 for 2 squirts of WD40.

No doubt the £127 will be the oil & filter and a quick look around, the extras i.e lube, engine flush etc will be additional. It will be interesting to see if they add them to the bill on the sly...... :eek:

They must have a note on the system telling them your an informed customer aka tight git!! :lol:

Tight? Nah us Yorkshire folk are just careful with our cash! :lol:

No doubt the £127 will be the oil & filter and a quick look around, the extras i.e lube, engine flush etc will be additional. It will be interesting to see if they add them to the bill on the sly...... :eek:

I hope they do as they will be promptly told to get :censor: as it would be unauthorised works and i wouldn't be liable for the costs! ;)

I hope they do as they will be promptly told to get :censor: as it would be unauthorised works and i wouldn't be liable for the costs! ;)

Informed customer's not welcome at main dealers!!!! ;)

i had a quote for my 3 year service which is an intermeadiate and they want £215 all they were going to do is change the oil and filter

phoned them up again to cancel and they said they could get it down to 165 just to keep me sweet, but sod them

got some nice warrenty claims for them to sort out if there scouting for business like a new window regulator, and stuff

Is that right? Seems quite cheap for a main dealer service, only concerned as he asked what size engine the T Sport had! :P

hi can you help me

please..

i have just registered on this site as i have a problem with my yaris but i dont know how to post,or ask a question

hi can you help me

please..

i have just registered on this site as i have a problem with my yaris but i dont know how to post,or ask a question

Hello ther football mad :thumbsup:

You've managed to make this post so just do the same thing in the Yaris thread and wait for a reply.

(The board is the whole site and the board is made up of forums. Each forum is made up of threads and the threads are made up of posts)

Lookf or the forum that is for "Yaris" and click on it. Then click on "new Topic" (topic is the same as thread) and post your query.

Simple as really once you've done it once or twice. Good luck with your post and your question?

I'm using my other local Mr T this time, i have 2 near me ;)

Last service at Mr T they quoted all sorts of things needed doing, brake fluid, clutch fluid, air con, pollen filter all at huge prices so they were told to go whistle! :lol:

i had a quote for my 3 year service which is an intermeadiate and they want £215 all they were going to do is change the oil and filter

Would that be Inchcape Toyota?

If so that's where i bought my CTS! :lol:

Last service at Mr T they quoted all sorts of things needed doing, brake fluid, clutch fluid, air con, pollen filter all at huge prices so they were told to go whistle! :lol:

Don't forget though, these things do need doing at some point!! Am sure you know somebody cheaper to do this work Gaz :yes:

Don't forget though, these things do need doing at some point!! Am sure you know somebody cheaper to do this work Gaz :yes:

I do! ;)

Although i've still not had them done! :lol:

I'm using my other local Mr T this time, i have 2 near me ;)

Would that be Inchcape Toyota?

If so that's where i bought my CTS! :lol:

Yep Toyota Inchape in Burton And Derby, Phoned both and got put hrough the the same person in a call centre, i looked like a right plonker trying to get a competitive price :(

Yep Toyota Inchape in Burton And Derby, Phoned both and got put hrough the the same person in a call centre, i looked like a right plonker trying to get a competitive price :(

:lol:

Got my CTS from Inchcape Burton.

I know what you mean about trying to get competitive prices, both my local Mr T's are Benfield!

paid £50 for intermediate service! i only get them done to get the book stamped. that price is what i paid for a big service including changing b/fluid, coolant and g/box oil but had to have proof it had been done as car was in warranty. wouldnt leave brake fluid to long - can cost a lot more by ignoring it, false economy.

Last time I went into the Toyota dealers closest to me (Queensferry), I was left with the distinct impression they didnt know much about the cars they sold and maintained.

After checking what the major service would be at 40k, I decided to ask them about a few the other common problems which I was looking at having done. After the two guys at the service desk had denied there was a problem with the master cylinder I started asking them about the lift bolts -

Me "I was wondering if you could give me a quote on the replacement of the lift or cam bolts, as I'm a little worried about them breaking due to wear"

Toyota Guy "Lift bolts?"

Me "Yea, they are the bolts that engage the sports cam"

Toyota Guy "Is this a compressor or something?" (bearing in mind I just told him it was an 02 T sport and he had it on screen)

Me "No its a T sport"

Toyota Guy "Sorry I dont know what you mean"

So after a quiet silence, I guessed it would be better if I took it up the road to the Autocentre who did the full service and tracking for £170, they even sorted the squeal on my front brakes for free. They also said they would change the lift bolts for me if I ordered the parts.

it was the fella on the service desk at lindops that showed me the master cylinder fault listed on there system - cant think of his name now. i dont rate Lindops but i'll give them there due when it comes to putting these common faults right that a lot of dealers deny. shame there workmanship is slack and dont rectify damage they cause and charge for service items they havent replaced. i'm sure it was you that was singing their praises not so long back?

To be fair, Lindops in Wxm have sorted me out a few times. Changed my clutch and master cylinder with 2 weeks left on the Warranty. They told me to go to Queensferry one for after market advice...after reading the above I think I'll leave it.

Last time I went into the Toyota dealers closest to me (Queensferry), I was left with the distinct impression they didnt know much about the cars they sold and maintained.

After checking what the major service would be at 40k, I decided to ask them about a few the other common problems which I was looking at having done. After the two guys at the service desk had denied there was a problem with the master cylinder I started asking them about the lift bolts -

Me "I was wondering if you could give me a quote on the replacement of the lift or cam bolts, as I'm a little worried about them breaking due to wear"

Toyota Guy "Lift bolts?"

Me "Yea, they are the bolts that engage the sports cam"

Toyota Guy "Is this a compressor or something?" (bearing in mind I just told him it was an 02 T sport and he had it on screen)

Me "No its a T sport"

Toyota Guy "Sorry I dont know what you mean"

So after a quiet silence, I guessed it would be better if I took it up the road to the Autocentre who did the full service and tracking for £170, they even sorted the squeal on my front brakes for free. They also said they would change the lift bolts for me if I ordered the parts.

Its a sad fact, but most people (not all) on service reception are administrators who have no idea about the cars they are dealing with, combine this with no interest in learning and it creates this all to common conversation. Some are mechanics who have got off the spanners but these people are very rare now. Shocking really when your purchase costs so much, yet in a Dixons or Currys store they have more idea of their product yet it costs a fraction of the price of car.

Manufacturers force franchised dealers to attend training courses covering how to answer the phone and asking for your business, this is then used to score the dealer when mystery shop exercises are conducted. I cant ever recall a mystery shopper asking any questions that would test product knowledge. However in my experience the service manager (usually busy in the back office) would typically know as would the parts dept.