Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Can I Disable The Seat Belt Alarm?

Don Pasquale

I do wear my seat belt, but I am not in the habit of clicking it on before I start the car. Don't care about the light, just want to disable the annoying buzzer. Anyone know how?

And I don't need the suggestion to wear my seat belt. tyvm in advance.

Not quite sure if there is a way of doing this it is sometimes highly anoying when you have to explain to someone that they have to put there seat belt on to stop the beeping. Also iv had a 2 liter bottle of pop on the seat and the beep as gone off. i dont really want to disable the reverse one though thats saved me and the person behind me a few times :lol:

You can get seat belt catch holders like this Catch Holder

Clip into the seat belt and no more alarm even with the belt off :thumbsup:

Shopping on the front seat sets it off for me... yet I always put it there then have to throw it onto the floor mid drive!

thanks for all your help. I read on another page to simply disconnect the electrical cable under the seat. my only concern is if this would also disable the air bag. anyone know?

Shopping on the front seat sets it off for me... yet I always put it there then have to throw it onto the floor mid drive!

that's what the boots for! you must be a bit daft carrying shopping in the car - bake beans turn into rpg's in the event of an accident!

safety lecture over!

that's what the boots for! you must be a bit daft carrying shopping in the car - bake beans turn into rpg's in the event of an accident!

safety lecture over!

LOL

thanks for all your help. I read on another page to simply disconnect the electrical cable under the seat. my only concern is if this would also disable the air bag. anyone know?

If you uncouple the connector underneath the seat this will disable all the airbags, as they work of the pre-tensioners in the seat belt, so I wouldn't advise this :thumbsup:

safety lecture over!

By shopping I mean, sandwhich, bag of crisps and a bottle of coke + my uni bag.

Ill risk it :eek:

If you uncouple the connector underneath the seat this will disable all the airbags, as they work of the pre-tensioners in the seat belt, so I wouldn't advise this :thumbsup:

Looks like this is your best bet then! ;)

Just Google them, they'll be plenty of places that sell them! :thumbsup:

You can get seat belt catch holders like this Catch Holder

Clip into the seat belt and no more alarm even with the belt off :thumbsup:

Hi, try this procedure:

1) Seat on the driver's side. The passenger's seat shoulb be also occupied.

2) Insert key and turn to ON

3) Set the trip/ODO display to ODO (not trip A or trip cool.gif. If it is already in the ODO mode, you’ll need to cycle through the options until you reach Odometer again.

4) Release the button.

5) Press and hold the button again and while you still holding the button start the engine. Keep pressing the button.

6) Count exactly 14 seconds.

7) Buckle the driver's seatbelt

8) If the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.

9) Press Trip/ODO to toggle the mode

10) Wait till the display changes back to ODO

11) Done

Now the beeper does not operate.

Hi, try this procedure:

3) Set the trip/ODO display to ODO (not trip A or trip cool.gif. If it is already in the ODO mode, you’ll need to cycle through the options until you reach Odometer again.

4) Release the button.

5) Press and hold the button again and while you still holding the button start the engine. Keep pressing the button.

8) If the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.

11) Done

Well I've tried that but no success :(

you could try the same way as some have used to disable the reversing beep - replace the buzzer with an LED?

Hi, try this procedure:

4) Release the button.

11) Done

I succeded (thx Goran) but it took me a while to do it and several unsuccesful trials; found out that the step 7) has to be done with certain 'speed', after 14 secs i literally stabbed the catch in the hole.

Wonder if there is a trick for the beep switch off which goes on if you leave the key in and open the door?

Hi, try this procedure:

4) Release the button.

11) Done

I succeded (thx Goran) but it took me a while to do it and several unsuccesful trials; found out that the step 7) has to be done with certain 'speed', after 14 secs i literally stabbed the catch in the hole.

Wonder if there is a trick for the beep switch off which goes on if you leave the key in and open the door?

I might try again then; the beep really does get on my nerves. I know fasten your seat belt and it stops but I want to decide when I fasten it, not be forced into it by a bleeping car! :lol:

• 11 months later...
Hi, try this procedure:

4) Release the button.

11) Done

I might try again then; the beep really does get on my nerves. I know fasten your seat belt and it stops but I want to decide when I fasten it, not be forced into it by a bleeping car! :lol:

The method above does work, it also allows you to turn it back on again, if done correctly, at the last step the odo will read either on/off for whether the alarm is on or off. Keep trying as it may be time sensitive, but works every time first time for me, and muchbetter than disconnecting cables.

Don't know if it's any different but this is guide I used and works first time every time;

Hi, try this procedure:

4) Release the button.

11) Done