Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calling All Compressors....tyre Advice

Onk

I know there is lots of info and threads on here about tyres, but I have been doing my research and apparently you cannot compare different tyres unless same sizes. This is why I would like to ask all Compressor owners, which rubber they've got and what they think or what they would get?

I've looked at website reviews and they always give different results and always wrong size, eg Which recommend Michelin Sport something or other but Auto express go with Vredestrian and they suck according to Which, very confusing!!

In our size there isn't that much, but I've narrowed it down to probably Bridgestone RE050 or Goodyear Eagle F1.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Yes Yes, I don't own a compressor, but I can tell you the Eagle F1s are superb tyres!

Bloke that I worked with helped develop them and also swears by them on all his cars now. Think they'll be my next choice when my Toyos die.

ToweyLowey recently got new shoes for his car, ask him what he thinks of his new shoes!

Yes Yes, I don't own a compressor, but I can tell you the Eagle F1s are superb tyres!

Bloke that I worked with helped develop them and also swears by them on all his cars now. Think they'll be my next choice when my Toyos die.

ToweyLowey recently got new shoes for his car, ask him what he thinks of his new shoes!

Shoes? Don't you mean Boots?

alright mate, first thing don't get cheap tyre's on these, they won't last long. i got my compressor in febuary an the dealer put new set of tyres on the front for me, he put on nexan's, which were rubbish. i have just replaced the front tyres couple of weeks ago cos they were knackered, an i was deciding between Pirelli P zero nero's (which come on the car from new) or the eagle F1's. decided to for the pirelli's to match the tyres on the back, an have notcied quite a big difference in the handling, especially in the wet!!! I've had the eagle F1's on a previous car an would agree there good tyres too.

conti sport contact 3 great tyre :toast: which i use as a winter tyre,I also have a set of Goodyear's F1 which i use for summer use.I would say that the Goodyear's are softer and would 'nt last as long as the CONTI SPORT CONTACT 3.

F1.......9/10

conti...9.5/10

HOOVER :thumbsup:

got the goodyears on mine and think there pretty good :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies so far.

I know I need some good tyres hence all this research.

Goodyear scoring well so far then...slightly concerned about how long they will last.

Contis...don't know too much about these, will do some more digging.

Pirelli...I'm have a bit of grudge against them, personally I think they are pants, especially in the dry!! Won't be getting those.

Has anyone tried the Bridgestone Potenza RE050?

also forgot to mention, my dad has been workin in the tyre industry most of his life, an knows his stuff quite well, an what he told me was basically the pirelli's are better for grip over the eagle F1's but the eagle F1's are more hard wearing an will last longer.

don't know to much bout the other 2, i'd ask me dad but he's on holiday!! (also the pirelli's are slightly lighter in weight)

I have always replaced mine with Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres as fitted from new.

I figure that TTE and Toyota must have done a load of R&D in selecting the tyre that suited the new Eibach suspension setup so they know best.

The only thing is that when I replaced one after a blowout a short time back one or two dealers said they had been discontinued so if that's the case I may have to change eventually :rolleyes:

I have always replaced mine with Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres as fitted from new.

I figure that TTE and Toyota must have done a load of R&D in selecting the tyre that suited the new Eibach suspension setup so they know best.

The only thing is that when I replaced one after a blowout a short time back one or two dealers said they had been discontinued so if that's the case I may have to change eventually :rolleyes:

Do you not think they just go with whichever tyre manufacturer's tyre is the cheapest that meets the specification they need!

Toyota are no different to you or I when they're spending their cash in that they want a good deal!

Just looking at the terrible choice they made with the T-Sport tyres should be enough to show they don't care about top performance of the tyre.

Some manufacturers give quality tyres. My old peugeot 206 had Goodyear Eagle F1's as standard.

Well that's the first positive reason I have ever heard of for buying a Pug :lol2:

I agree, there is no way Toyota will put the best possible tyre on a car as it is released. It will be a compromise between quality and cost, and also whether they have any other business interests with said supplier.

Won't be getting PZero's, as I explained earlier. I've had problems with Pirellis and think they are not all that. Which guide doesn't score them too well either, Chrisio - suggest you buy something else next time.

Think I'm probably going to go for the Bridgestones, they were pretty good on my MR2.

Will let you know what I think.