Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent!

System~G

Hi

I can't speak specifically for the Corrola GTi but a cambelt change on the 3S-GTE fitted to the GT-Four can be had for about £150 - £200.

Can't really see it being more complicated than that.

HTH

It's about double that on an MR2 if done proper - as the engine needs dropping out - but couldn't see the same problem on a 'rolla ..

Guys, I need a relatively urgent answer toward pricing of a cambelt service on a Corolla GTi

See thread here: Cambelt Thread

Kevin Clarkson in Droitwich is your man. He's on 01905 778368.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Just what I needed to hear!

Now I hop the bloke hasn't sold the car between this afternoon and tomorrow morning :wacko: I should have trusted my gut feeling and put a deposit down...

Are the Gti Corollas rare?? just that if its overdue a cambelt change, id walk away, definately wouldnt drive it away unless its a definate non interference engine.

Im afraid 80% of all "cut out wont start" jobs i go out to are due to cambelt failure.

Also if its overdue a cambelt, its probably been a bit neglected in the service department aswell.

Are the Gti Corollas rare?? just that if its overdue a cambelt change, id walk away, definately wouldnt drive it away unless its a definate non interference engine.

Im afraid 80% of all "cut out wont start" jobs i go out to are due to cambelt failure.

Also if its overdue a cambelt, its probably been a bit neglected in the service department aswell.

Decent Corolla GTi's are hard to come by. I think it's because they are also a favourite of boy racers.

This one was in really good condition with full Toyota service history, however, for some reason the second cambelt change wasn't done at 120k (I don't even know for sure if this is when it's meant to be done).

None the less I came to the conclusion last night that for £600 plus a full service with cambelt change it would be cheaper than buying some of the other muppet owned cars for nearly twice that.

I phoned the bloke back this morning to confirm a purchase but the car sold yesterday afternoon after I viewed it...

How does one kick oneself very hard in the backside? :huh:

How does one kick oneself very hard in the backside? :huh:

unlucky mate !!

Don't bother trying to kick your own *****.. could take a while.

Another solution... stand up and run very hard into the wall at the opposite of your room... lol