Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camry 2.2 Exhaust

ldavey

Hi guys

I need a complete exhaust system for my camry and its turning out to be a nightmare trying to get these parts.

I was quoted £1400 for the whole lot... the Front Pipe with Catalytic being the most expensive part at £770. I managed to get the Front Pipe with Catalytic steel one for £340 ... but i am stuck getting the rest.

I took the car to WKB Toyota, they said they would fit my own supplied front pipe, and they simply tried ripping me off, they cut my old exhaust off then phoned me saying OH dear our gaskets wont fit you front pipe you will need to buy our own supplied Front Pipe for 770... and they can not fit my old exhaust back on because they cut it up.... i said no thank you.... i will tow my car away ... they phoned back within minutes offering to sell me there Front Pipe for £340 special offer just for me... funny that the same i paid for my Front Pipe i supplied... i said no.

When i went to tow my car away i found the back wing DAMAGED with a dent and scratch which was not there when i left it with them.... and i could not prove they did this!!!!

I gave WKB TOYOTA official dealer my car to fix thinking i can trust them and they simply left me with a DAMAGED CAR i can not now drive!!

And i can not find the rest of the exhaust for a 2.2 anywhere... does the 2 litre exhaust fit this car?

• 2 weeks later...

Guest Akhenaten

If you've got the front bit with the cat (Which you say you have.) then that's the important bit.

What I would do is take lots of measurements & if you're handy,(& preferably have access to a welder)is cobble together your own!

I had an AUDI 100 & I managed too fit a Jaguar exhaust on very neatly.

Back to your original point, the 2.0 is a very different car to the 2,2 & you'll probably find it no similar to yours than any other car of that size. But with a bit of effort you can make owt fit owt.

Look for a cheap new exhaust,poss of eBay, & go for it, probably would only cost you a fraction of the original.

I got the Jag exhaust for nowt off a neighbour so I had nowt to lose.

p.s. I too have had bad experiences with MrT !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links