Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I See Your Cold Air Feed Pipe?

H13RNC

Need :help: Guys and girls, My induction kit is awsome, I can genuinly say that I can feel a very noticable power increase (not imagining it) since I had it fitted a month ago and i just :yahoo: the roar but im trying to maximise its performance. I went to buy a Pipercross cold air feed pipe and Ive tried to mount it by the radiator to the filter kit but its not happening.

Got any pictures I can have a look at?

Altho my filter is made of stainless steel sort of mesh it does act as heat sheild to an extent but does an external heat shield? do they actually help? And the best place to buy one?

Cheers

H :thumbsup:

You can see mine here, i bought the longest i could get (1 metre) and stretched it! Its attached to the under tray and runs up between the block and the rad, its nipped up to the Battery bracket. The beginning up the pipe sticks out under from under the undertray just enough to get a good flow of air. I've had this on for a while now and even on the wettest days i have never had any dampness at the cone end of the pipe.

Its a bit crude but until there is a proper enclosed box available it will do, i have tried to make one but the engine bay is just so tight.

The pipe doesn't touch the Battery terminal.

It works well the Typhoon is always cool, they only drawback is that i have to clean the cone more often than if it wasn't fitted.

Copyofxxx.jpg

You can see mine here, i bought the longest i could get (1 metre) and stretched it! Its attached to the under tray and runs up between the block and the rad, its nipped up to the battery bracket. The beginning up the pipe sticks out under from under the undertray just enough to get a good flow of air. I've had this on for a while now and even on the wettest days i have never had any dampness at the cone end of the pipe.

Its a bit crude but until there is a proper enclosed box available it will do, i have tried to make one but the engine bay is just so tight.

The pipe doesn't touch the battery terminal.

It works well the Typhoon is always cool, they only drawback is that i have to clean the cone more often than if it wasn't fitted.

Copyofxxx.jpg

Its and Idea which I will try, are there not any other options?

Cheers

i would just stick to the standard airbox. but put a decent filter in it. but then come rolling road day i might eat my words!!

i would just stick to the standard airbox. but put a decent filter in it. but then come rolling road day i might eat my words!!

Yeh I think you will, induction kit is a must have in any performance car :lol: your missing out ... :yes:

Cheers

if it was that good, it would be standard on porsches!

Not sure that everybody actually likes the noise! A wealthy friend of mine has a BMW M3 (06) and he has fitted an Induction Kit to it that makes it sound like a E46 M3 CSL, which to most people would be great, unfortunately his Mrs says the car can be heard from miles away and is an embarrassment to the neighbours!

I have always enjoyed the induction roar regardless of any power gains :yes: B)

I agree with you there an induction kit does give a better sound, better than throwing an exhaust onto the car.

Atleast you here a better sound from the engine thats the main thing!

Have you got a pic of your blitz sus fitted, havnt seen one yet on a t-sport

Oh yeah sorry mate, I will try do that for you soon. hopefully today

Cheers

Have you got a pic of your blitz sus fitted, havnt seen one yet on a t-sport

There you go mate...buy one :thumbsup:

ABCD0007.jpg

Wonder why A'PEXi & Blitz use the exisiting pipework to the engine but K&N replace it??

:huh:

Wonder why A'PEXi & Blitz use the exisiting pipework to the engine but K&N replace it??

Coz K&N is american and rubish and mine and yous is jap! :lol:

How comes you havnt spared your expertise on this topic? tooooo busy on another forum? LOL

Coz K&N is american and rubish and mine and yous is jap! :lol:

How comes you havnt spared your expertise on this topic? tooooo busy on another forum? LOL

Because i'd thought the same thing as you but you started this thread first so i've just been reading it! :lol:

Jap car, Jap parts! Nuff said! :lol2:

I wonder why the K&N is twice the price of the A'PEXi? ;)

I wonder why the K&N is twice the price of the A'PEXi? ;)

As both kits offer the same bhp gains what benefit is there to replacing the pipe??

Bloomin Yanks know nothing about jap cars! :lol:

Looks ace mate, nice and big, ya got a full engine bay shot?

Heres a link of how K&N suggest the cold air feed should go on there 57i kit http://www.kandn.com/instructions/A2054-641-1_inst.pdf

Suprises me a cold air feed does not come with the typhoon, there located in the same place! and im suprised more people havnt got the 57i, no problems with snapping maf wires on that kit :huh:

Looks ace mate, nice and big, ya got a full engine bay shot?

Heres a link of how K&N suggest the cold air feed should go on there 57i kit http://www.kandn.com/instructions/A2054-641-1_inst.pdf

Suprises me a cold air feed does not come with the typhoon, there located in the same place! and im suprised more people havnt got the 57i, no problems with snapping maf wires on that kit :huh:

You dont ask for much do ya :lol: Will try take another shot tonight ok, dont make me go through all this picture taking and then you dont buy a blitz and end up buying the yank stuff OK :yes:

Cheers

You dont ask for much do ya :lol: Will try take another shot tonight ok, dont make me go through all this picture taking and then you dont buy a blitz and end up buying the yank stuff OK :yes:

Cheers

Nice one mate, and dont worry i wont :thumbsup:

i done my cold air feed on sunday, !Removed! nightmare, no room to work with at all, mounted it under the tray and coming up to under the filter, i have a heat sheild over the top of it, havent noticed any difference, i thought i would have notice bit more roar. anybody else noticed a different note?

i done my cold air feed on sunday, bloody nightmare, no room to work with at all, mounted it under the tray and coming up to under the filter, i have a heat sheild over the top of it, havent noticed any difference, i thought i would have notice bit more roar. anybody else noticed a different note?

When or if you get a chance, can you get me a picture?

Cheers

dmm86's routing sounds identical to those found in the K&N 57i instructions.

Oh yeah I just saw it on the k&n istruction site :yes:

http://www.kandn.com/instructions/A2054-641-1_inst.pdf

But the cold air feed hose doesnt look like it even does anything where its mounted, its not even directly pointing to the filter or is that the idea?

Not a bad idea to feed it from underneath the car though, might have to try that one. Personally I dont think having a heat shield or a cold air hose would make any difference at all...there must be otherways of cooling that part of the engine down :unsure:

I know alot of heat comes from the manifold, what if i use heat resistant tape and tape up the whole manifold? I was driving the car home from work yesterday and in traffic, so driving for an hour and a bit the car didnt feel too good since i had the kit fitted, felt slugish until I hit the open road then all fine.

I'm going to get a real bonnet scoop fitted within the next year :lol:

Cheers