Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Hilux 3l D4d Big Wheels!

paulu5

I have a new Hilux Invincible and want to put bigger all terrain tyres on it idealy 35" . As the back of the front wheels are so close to the rear of the wheel arch bigger or wider causes a problem. Has any one done this yet ? is there a kit ? . I was lucky enough to look round the top gear one which has 37" tyres on but there has been major mods to the whole suspension arrangement ie: moving the whole lot forward 40mm ,and the serious wheel arch cutting . I thought about making new lower arms repositioning the wheel centre forward 30mm and widening the track but this would mean lengthening the drive shafts and would affect the castor angle . Would that be a problem? castor could be counteracted by making new hubs i guess . Starting to get expensive, but if a bolt on kit could be designed then maybe people would buy it? . I dont know what you lot think but i recon the hilux looks great but the wheels are to small and the track looks too narrow . They should have made them all look like the polar explorer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new Hilux Invincible and want to put bigger all terrain tyres on it idealy 35" . As the back of the front wheels are so close to the rear of the wheel arch bigger or wider causes a problem. Has any one done this yet ? is there a kit ? . I was lucky enough to look round the top gear one which has 37" tyres on but there has been major mods to the whole suspension arrangement ie: moving the whole lot forward 40mm ,and the serious wheel arch cutting . I thought about making new lower arms repositioning the wheel centre forward 30mm and widening the track but this would mean lengthening the drive shafts and would affect the castor angle . Would that be a problem? castor could be counteracted by making new hubs i guess . Starting to get expensive, but if a bolt on kit could be designed then maybe people would buy it? . I dont know what you lot think but i recon the hilux looks great but the wheels are to small and the track looks too narrow . They should have made them all look like the polar explorer.

Hi Paulu

The standard wheel/tyre combo does look too small. You can fit 31x10.5s on with no lift which fills the rear arch out a bit better.

One of the members Adam (Intimidator) on the Hilux Pickup Owners club is building and selling Polar Replicas running 33's as standard so he'd be a good contact in the first instance. Here's a pic of Adams own one at Abingdon 4x4 recently.

cimg1698qw1.jpg

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Hi Paulu

The standard wheel/tyre combo does look too small. You can fit 31x10.5s on with no lift which fills the rear arch out a bit better.

One of the members Adam (Intimidator) on the Hilux Pickup Owners club is building and selling Polar Replicas running 33's as standard so he'd be a good contact in the first instance. Here's a pic of Adams own one at Abingdon 4x4 recently.

cimg1698qw1.jpg

Hope that helps.

i think they were 35s mate

• 2 weeks later...

i run a 3l invincible on standard wheels/tyres in the summer, in the winter i fit a set of 16 x8 alloys with 165/70/16 bfg all terrians, as i do most of my off roading etc in the winter, truck sits higher, wheel/tyres fill the arches better only problem is occaisionally in a lock going over uneven ground front tyres catch the wheel arch liner very slightly, have checked with wheels off no damage is done, could be a cheaper option.

I run 22's normally (trucks a bit of a streetpimper) but have a set of 31's for off road, which i found were superb

cimg1618azr3.jpg

cimg1667asn5.jpg

• 5 years later...

Hi Paulu

cimg1698qw1.jpg

Hope that helps.

Hi PauluThe standard wheel/tyre combo does look too small. You can fit 31x10.5s on with no lift which fills the rear arch out a bit better. One of the members Adam (Intimidator) on the Hilux Pickup Owners club is building and selling Polar Replicas running 33's as standard so he'd be a good contact in the first instance. Here's a pic of Adams own one at Abingdon 4x4 recently.cimg1698qw1.jpgHope that helps.

Hi what size is the alloys and tyres on your hilux she looks well.did you have to lift her to make them fit. Where can I buy the wheels and arches . Is there a kit I can buy thanks can you reply by email to rachycrawford@yahoo.co.uk

Ali you do realise this thread is 6yrs old ?

One or two of the posters are still in the Hilux Pickup Owners Club if you want to contact them there ;)