Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1st Rav

misshelle

Hey Michelle, you have to squint and use your imagination a bit!

(who is that nobody at the end trying to get in on our photo Stew?)

Now!

Your heater. Don't worry it won't get kicked unless you have some funny shaped friends or you are up to no good in there!!!

I take it you would prefer to mend the heater control rather than keep fiddling with the heater lever? If not don't bother but if you feel like getting it sorted can you do the following........

Looking at photo 2 I take it that was the lever at the bottom you moved?

Judging by the shape of the vent in that picture I believe you were working on the drivers side. If you look at the first photo (which is indeed upside down but no matter) there is a screw on the left side which clamps the lever to a spindle. That spindle goes all the way through to the passenger side. Can you take a photo of where it emerges and also one right at the top of the link in photo 2 where that spring dissappears to.

Just say if you really aren't bothered now you are snug!!!

Evening all

Thanks for the picture of you all, is funny because you all look exactly how I imagined :lol::lol: !!

A-M - Yep, the lever at the bottom of picture 2 was the one that I moved, however all of the pictures were taken from the passengers side - underneath the glove box.

I do want to get this fixed even though it is nice to be snug i get a bit frustrated when things don't work as they should, but hey, I'm getting there - slowly but surely.

Michelle

Bothy will probably know best, but as you seem to be a pretty handy type and willing to get stuck in, there is a Haynes or similar manual that might be worth a small investment to help identify where the bits and pieces are :thumbsup:

(I've just ordered one for the Punto :) )

Couldn't agree more, a manual is the first on my shopping list when pay day arrives, until then I'm relying on you guys :D

Must ask tho........a Punto??? how do you find it? hated mine from the day i brought it and had no end of bother :( although it was a nice looking car and fun to drive that was about as far as it went - was glad to see the back of it!!

Hoovie

I've got the Haynes manual and it is as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd.

Michelle

Now I understand what the score is, see if you can lift you camera up and let me look over there where the arrow is pointing;

heaterlever.jpg

The other end of that threaded rod.

PS why do you photos say Toyotaowners.com?

That panel has been off. I can tell by the fixing not being located properly. Maybe somebody has just not reattached the cable.

No problems, I'll see how far i can get the camera up there tomorrow!! It could very well be that the previous owners took the panel off, the first thing they said when I looked at the car was that the heating didn't work but they claimed they thought it was probably just a fuse (fine by me tho, managed to knock £200 off the asking price because if it :thumbsup: !)

I posted the photo to the gallery first as its the only way i could work out how to post them in here (was having a blonde day and trying to do it quickly), and the toyotaowners.com just seems to appear - don't know why :unsure:

Michelle

First of all, welcome Michelle and well done for trying to solve the problem (and doubly well done for succeeding!) You have bought a great car and joined a really helpful forum. Happy Motoring!

You said you were a nurse??? This statement of yours did worry me a bit

No problems, I'll see how far i can get the camera up there tomorrow!!
:o

Now, Anchorman, I see you're starting down the road of a "new purchase"...

.......attached picture is from a 4.2 because I have very little on a 4.1............I can't help much more without looking myself and the absense of my own 4.1 often frustrates me as a lot
My better half would recognise the symptoms of a purchase coming on; how about Anchorwoman???

Couldn't agree more, a manual is the first on my shopping list when pay day arrives, until then I'm relying on you guys :D

Must ask tho........a Punto??? how do you find it? hated mine from the day i brought it and had no end of bother :( although it was a nice looking car and fun to drive that was about as far as it went - was glad to see the back of it!!

Time to go Off-Topic (is that the Forum equivalent of Off-Roading, as it seems to happen a lot in the RAV4 section :rolleyes: )

Had this Punto from new for over 6 years - it replaced the old Punto which we had from new for 5 years. So 11 years of Punto motoring and never let us down (doesn't mean it has never gone wrong, of course!) - just passed MOT yesterday. I think they are great looking cars and nice to drive - only have one flaw - the ride is !Removed! hard! I even looked at the suspension to check any chocks were taken out the springs.

Great value motoring in - First Punto we had for 5 years like I said and cost us £4.5k in depreciation, 2nd Punto, Fiat garage offered us £2.5k on 6 year old car that cost us £8k new, so great value motoring.

Thinking Aygo for replacement though when due :) (new Grande Punto is too big for Mrs H :huh: )

I posted the photo to the gallery first as its the only way i could work out how to post them in here (was having a blonde day and trying to do it quickly), and the toyotaowners.com just seems to appear - don't know why :unsure:

Michelle

Michelle.............Have a look at this thread about uploading photos....CLICK HERE

Then you can add some up too our RAV Gallery SEE HERE as we all like a good cuber tyre kick on here.....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"My better half would recognise the symptoms of a purchase coming on; how about Anchorwoman???"

Sshhh!

To be honest, the one I have is an extravagance. I see it as an insurance policy to get me to work during the winter but even that scenario is flawed because I can't run a train on my own and everybody else runs a small hatch back!

What I could really do with is one that I can access locally and build up a portfolio of photos like I have for 4.2 and 4.3s. It just makes explaining thing so much easier.

Michelle is doing OK with forensics - its like cyber sticking my head behind the dash!!!

First of all, welcome Michelle and well done for trying to solve the problem (and doubly well done for succeeding!) You have bought a great car and joined a really helpful forum. Happy Motoring!

You said you were a nurse??? This statement of yours did worry me a bit

No problems, I'll see how far i can get the camera up there tomorrow!!
:o

Nurses moto......where there is a will, there is a way and I will get it up there B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links