Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Torque Settings

T3Kaos

I need the torque settings for my K-Reg 1993 Toyota Cynos B 1.5 automatic, as I have to change the head gasket. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

THANK YOU!

You have my eternal gratitude. The manual is awesome, its got so much info in there that should get me by. Normally for a job this delicate I'd get a garage to do it but every local garage is being a complete numpty about it because it's a Japanese import car. As soon as I say import to them I get either we just can't do it (and they 9/10 don't even know what car it is) or they want a ridiculous amount of money for it (Tech One in Sidcup quoted approx. £350 and Eden Motors in Bromley quoted approx. £800). So I'm going to do it all myself!

I will be documenting this repair with photos (and all future modifications) at T3Kaos Cynos Hub, my new blog!

Again, my thanks!

No problem mate.

I rebuilt the bottom end of a 5E-FHE using this manual - they are good engines to work on !

There were loads more files originally stored at Tercelonline, but they just vanished.

Fortunately I'd downloaded that one before they went. Comes in very useful.

Good luck

I have located a head gasket set for this car (dv033) but says its for a 5E-FE - would this set be compatbile with my engine? If not do you know where I can get the correct headset from?

I have located a head gasket set for this car (dv033) but says its for a 5E-FE - would this set be compatbile with my engine? If not do you know where I can get the correct headset from?

Not sure if it's the same gasket or not.

Your local Toyota dealer will be able to supply the parts you need ( even though it's an import ),

OR ( even better ) Check out the Lindop Toyota section of the forum ( near the bottom of the main page ) and drop Parts King a PM. He'll be able to source the genuine parts at a good price for you - or at least may know if it's the same gasket as the 5E-FE

Thanks for the heads up about Parts King. He's awesome, even offered me a better price for all the bits so I'll definitely be ordering from him and recommending him to everyone I meet.

Thanks - ToyotaOwnersClub.com ROCKS!

• 1 month later...

Hi All

We've completed replacing the head gasket on the Cynos now, she's been retimed to perfection and even starts straight up HOWEVER now we can't get her to idle. Does anyone have any suggestions why this would be happening. On the driver side of the engine there is a mediunm sized black cylindrical box that has two really small diameter hoses running into it. The box has A and B marked on the top. One of the hoses goes into the back of the block near the intake manifold and one goes into an additional black box with an electrical connector on it presumably linking into the main loom and then into the ECU network. I need to know the correct orientation of these little hoses as they may not be on the right way. The box appears to be some kind of one way valve, either connected to the fuel or air system - I just don't know. Has anyone got a map or connection diagram. Also when we took the engine apart we found a sensor that is plugged into the water pipe running from the main block into the radiator that appears to have been snapped off sometime ago, I also need to know what this sensor is.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links