Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brakes

ScooterBoy

Guys,

I am new to this forum but I just have a quick question.

Have any of you in the UK with T Sport Corollas been asked to bring your cars into the dealers to have the whole braking system changed?

My car is a Toyota staff car (my brother works there) and the dealer has said they want to have a look at the parts for analysis but they are changing discs, callipers and even lines!

I have been told this is not a recall and there are no problems but I have been into the dealers before complaining about lock ups and grabby braking!

Any of you had any braking problems?

Thanks

Mike

I have noticed the same type of symptoms with mine. brakes sometimes lock up under braking when car hits a hole in the road, manhole cover, etc. causing me to have to take my foot off the brake and re-apply.

Surely with ABS this should not be required.

Had a couple of frights with this when stopping at traffic lights. It doesn't fill you with confidence.

Told my dealer but he was un-interestred. Maybe should speak to him again if others are suffering the same symptoms.

Magnus,

I have had the work done, new callipers, new discs and pads and i have to say the car is braking like it should now.

It might be that i have been expecting a change, it might also be down to the fact that they leant me a basic Yaris but i do feel more confident in the brakes now.

My dealer again stressed that there is no problem and that they are not recalling the cars but if i get chance over the next few weeks i will take some photo's of the callipers and post them so that you can see if they are the same as yours or not.

Mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links