Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Does It Cost?

Kamyk

I'm new one here, and i'm the owner of Starlet p9. It's nice car. It went through some mods, and it waits for another on March/April, after the winter :D .

But: I would like to have the only one Starlet with 4e-fte engine in my country :yes: . Fitting it it's not problem, buying it is a problem. I thought about all frontcut conversion including engine, gearbox, suspension, etc. Is it needed or only engine is ok?? If yes, what is the cost of importing it to UK from Japland, without taxes. How big is difference in costs between engine, and all frontcut.

Does anybody knows what is a difference between 4e-fe 75Hp, 115Nm made for Europe, and 85Hp, 118Nm made for Japanese market?? What version of 4e-fe engine was in Starlet in GB??

Thanks in advance for answers...

Thx.... Prices for 4e-fte aren't ideal in my opinion... :eek::crybaby: But I won't give up. In my country I could have another 35Hp from this engine for about 200 pounds...

What is Starlet SR?? How much horsepowers it has?? Only 75 or more?? I would be satisfied having in my Starlet about 90Hp. I was thinking about changing this part from 4e-fe from Corolla.

In Corolla 86Hp: corollae11.1.jpg

In Starlet 75Hp: starletp9.1.jpg

sorry for this dirt :wacko:

Japanese Starlets has 85Hp, with this part from Corolla. Of course ECU is probably different, and few other things, but i was wondering if this change could give some Hp, or better spent money on something else. ( i can buy it for 30 pounds). :help:

Does anybody has sport air filter and proved an idea of it?? Because I has K&N air filter in Corolla 4e-fe and it was worse than with original, (proved on rolling %#$#, i forgot the name of it :huh: )

Thank for answers...

Best wishes for all Starlet/Paseo/Sera users...

The intake might be worth a try for £30 :yes: and yeah your right the sr starlet had 75hp the difference between that and a basic starlet were:

15" speedline alloys

TTE (remus) exhaust

TTE springs

Graphics

they were all changed at the docks in the uk to this spec.

Simon

thx, So there is no stronger version of Starlet in UK except imported GT and Glanza??

Another question: Where Paseo was produced?? In GB or Japan, because I've heard few opinions about this...

Yep your right the highest N/A starlet was the GI and Glanza S which were JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) only with 100hp 4EFE engines i'm not sure on the differences between this engine and the european 4EFE but i think it's got the intakelike you posted from the corolla and a different ECU map but also running on JDM 100 octane fuel.

Paseo's were produced for the UK but are very rare If you could get hold of a 1.5 5EHFE (i think thats the right letters it's the one with the H you want) These were 100hp and found in sera's and paseo's.

Hope that helps

Simon

fhe's are about 110bhp & are extreamly rare - they come from the Jap cynos.

fe - are from the UK spec paseo & are around 90-100bhp.

J

ALRIGHT KAMYK.

i own a STARLET SR and I have the same problem as u,

i have also noticed that they make the 4e-fe with different power ratings.

i dident know that the intakes were different between both engines.

i do know that the lesser powered 75bhp model redlines at 6200rpm compared to the 85bhp model 7000rpm(corrola g6, glanza s GI,

with the latter(85) its possible to produce 100bhp

does anyone know what would be involved in upgrading the former(75) engine to 85bhp.

eg ecu, intake,ect. i would be satisfied with this engine aswel

the 5e-fhe makes 108bhp and redlines at 7600rpm(high)

this would be the engine to go for bar the turbo.

I think you've got an unhealthy fixation on redline RPMs In real world driving, it doesn't matter, and anyone who drives like that on the road deserves every engine problem that comes to them.

Firstly you have to take into consideration:

1) different fuel quality. UK unleaded 95 RON or 97-98 RON. Japan often higher. America measures its fuel slightly differently, an average of the RON (reasearch octane number) and MON (motor octane number)...

2) different power units- Japanese power is quoted in PS and Europeans work in BHP. They are slightly different. 108bhp = 110bhp.

3) there may be differing standards to the power measurements. You can't assume that because a Japanese engine reputedly gives one power figure, and a European engine gives another, and an American engine gives a third measurement, that they're being measure in the same way - ie corrected to the same temperatures, humidities and barometric pressures

I think you've got an unhealthy fixation on redline RPMs In real world driving, it doesn't matter, and anyone who drives like that on the road deserves every engine problem that comes to them.

I WAS making an observation. i dont have any "fixation on revs". :blink:

Firstly you have to take into consideration:

everything u have said is too specific:not helping :wacko:

You can't assume that because a Japanese engine reputedly gives one power figure, and a European engine gives another, and an American engine gives a third measurement

i dont think anyone is, so what if there is 2bhp difference. :huh:

simply put, the corrola g6(uk) has a 4e-fe engine producing 85bhp

the starlet sr (uk) has same engine producing 75bhp

WHAT would be involved in makeing the latter engine(75) the same as the former(85)

the intake, ecu,

is there anything else indifferent?? :help:

There could be several differences:

The main ones that will make performance differences...

ECU mapping

Different injectors

different cams

exhaust manifold and downpipe design

superior air intake system

better heat extraction on Corolla - underbonnet temperatures make a difference...

The main ones that will make performance differences...

ECU mapping

Different injectors

different cams

exhaust manifold and downpipe design

superior air intake system

:)

so if we eliminate the ecu, exhuast manifold, and the intake system;

that possibly leaves different injectors and different cams.

does anyone know if there are differneces in these two engines in regards to the cams and injectors :help:

Not only Corolla g6 has 85 Hp,but every Corolla with 4e-fe after 97 year, so every e11 in papers has 86Hp, or better says 86 horsepowers and 120Nm. I'm a owner of Corolla like this to so know how is it. And the red line is in the same place - 6200Rpm. And Starlet japaneese version has intake like in Corolla on a photo, and this is a photo of engine in Japaneese Starlet: silnik.jpg

The differences in both engines are very small, and on rolling it shows that difference in power are less than in papers. Generally Starlet has few more Hp, and Corolla few less... I will show tomorow pictures of diagrams from rolling...

Difference I know:

ECU

intake

this black box on the left side of engine, from this place goes wires to sparks

injectors ( I heard that yes, but nothing proved, in my opinion they are the same)

4e-fe engines has a lot of versions, the most powerfull what i know was in Tercel and has 99Hp. Gasoline Engines of Toyota

Till 1993 4e-fe has 88Hp and 111 Nm in Corolla, after that because of Euro 2 it was 75Hp, but 115Nm, and 0-60mph time was even the same.

See you tommorow (today) mates....

this is diagram of Starlet 75Hp:

modificated intake like this (Starlet's intake)+ modificated (sport) exhaust system...

and the result:

diagram from rolling road

iit has vawe's like this because of the fact that clutch was in very bad condition....

The worst thing is that this car wasn't on rolling road before modifcations...

ok, thats good seing the results,

how would u go about getting more power from this engine?

would it be worth fitting this throttle body?

corollae11.1.jpg

if so, what would be involved fitting it, (is it a tricky job).

would it be worth having this throttlebody rebored before fitting?

sorry for all the questions but im intrueged to find someone in the same situation as me

like u, i would be happy for 90-100bhp :huh:

I asked on few forums if it's worth fitting this trottle body and nobody could tell me how it will be after the change, but everybody says it's worth. How much power it will give?? maybe nothing, maybe few Hp. Fitting it it's not a big problem, but first I would like to reinstall it from Corolla and check if everything would be ok in Starlet, beacuse there are posibilities that something could be wrong...

I was thinking of reboring this this trottle body too... It would be always (+).

Probably if it give more power (few Hp) it wouldn't be able to feel it on a road. I was driving 2 corollas, mine 4e-fe 86Hp, and Corolla vvt-i 98Hp and I didn't feel any difference beetwen them. It's strange but true.

Maybe anybody else is able to says something about exchange like this. Maybe I will ask on main forum, or in Corolla forum.