Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Digital Dial Replacement

vitz_1.0

Currently the Yaris has digital LCD speedo and instrument binnacle with a lack of Rev counter :(

I want to change these in the future for the rev counter and speedo dials you get in sportier models.

How difficult is it to replace the binnacle? Is the loom already wired up for tachometer and the other additional instruments?

Any info or insight is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Currently the Yaris has digital LCD speedo and instrument binnacle with a lack of Rev counter :(

I want to change these in the future for the rev counter and speedo dials you get in sportier models.

How difficult is it to replace the binnacle? Is the loom already wired up for tachometer and the other additional instruments?

Any info or insight is greatly appreciated

Thanks

#

Dunno about fitting dials but you should have a rev counter, lthough it is the form of a digital graph, not a dial. you will spot it soon as you hit the gas pedal.

Na mate trust me no rev counter in any shape or form.

Just speed, odometer, fuel guage, time, trip distances and the usual check control lights on the side.

It is a Jap import so maybe thats the difference. Still thought they'd be the same though.

How strange! so what do you have at the top going above the tipe/odo and just before the speed? :0

Pictures would be interesting! :D

There's no rev counter in JDM models under the RS trim level. RS one's have them, but none of the others do. I wouldn't bother changing it tbh mate, it's a bit of hastle. Just but a seperate rev counter

How strange! so what do you have at the top going above the tipe/odo and just before the speed? :0

Can get pics if you want, will try get them asap.

There's no rev counter in JDM models under the RS trim level. RS one's have them, but none of the others do. I wouldn't bother changing it tbh mate, it's a bit of hastle. Just but a seperate rev counter

Are there no 'how to's' regarding this mod? I really would like to have a rev counter, so used to driving a car with one. And I've done binnacle swaps on many other cars, mainly older ones, so dont mind having a go. Being a modern car Id assume all wiring is present just not utilised.

According to the manual it has the optional Dial rev and speedo binnacles on higher model and its not an LCD DigiDash but proper clocks which look tasty.

here you go mate, pic of the digital speedo

12102008226yc0.jpg

So no info on how to change them over?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links