Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris, Good Grounding Points.

YarisPower

Hi All, 1st post here, been reading the forums for a while, just wondering, those of you with Amps etc. where you have them grounded. I have been having a hard time finding a good grounding point at the rear of the car. Any pointers would be much apreciated.

Cheers.

boot lock on my yaris, rear lights fittings on a customers car, usually any metal bit

I will have a look around the loc & rear lights then and see what i can find, I was told not to use thin metal, such as body work as a ground, is that right ?

As long as it's free from paint, you'll be fine. Larger surface are is better for a good ground...so if it's thin....it's still gonna have a large area I'd personally tie it into the ground on the rear lights..

yes, make sure you hold the car incase if it falls apart

earth cable should be short as possible, no more than 1 metre

yeah, found it, and the car never fell apart or anything, :) nothing like a bit of sarcasm.lol :yes:

Cheers for the help. Much appreciated.

i made my own ground point using a Phoebix Gold ground terminal. Its mounted just behind the rear panels in the car.

Needed a scotch pad to remove any paint then just banged a self tapper through the hole

:thumbsup:

On my old one i had a hole drilled in the floor of the boot which just fitted a screw in to ground it, it worked. Not sure what i am gonna do on the new one, don't fancy drilling it :)

Mat

I did have a gold ground terminal in what sounds like the same place as u jaxx but when i changed over to my new amp it didnt like this and refused to power on until i moved it.

Cheers for the welcome Miss TS

I did have a gold ground terminal in what sounds like the same place as u jaxx but when i changed over to my new amp it didnt like this and refused to power on until i moved it.

Cheers for the welcome Miss TS

strange??? did ya scrub off the paint???

seems odd, ya could try some of that green conductive paste stuff. i use that to ensure the contact

:thumbsup:

not nice callin some1 a fury muff

fair enough = (sound like) furry muff!!

:lol:

safe.. I'll start callin ppl fury muff

i aint heard 'safe' for ages! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links