Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mines Ecu

madmatt77

Hi guys recently bought a mines ecu from eBay. pluged it in, went great for about 3 miles. Now the engine management light comes on as soon as you put your foot down on the accelerator. tested it for error codes but it doesnt show up anything on the dash just flashes the check ecu symbol when you join the diagnostics with a paper clip. good old trick. any one got any ideas, im well ****** off now as car was running well before. oh and to add i plugged the standard ecu back in and same problem. thoughts and ideas much appreciated :unsure::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Hmmm...

Is the mines ecu for the correct revision car that you have? do you know any history on the mines, spec of car it came from, modifications etc, i'm not sure if those can be mapped or who can map them..

So you're back on stock ecu?? with management light on but no error codes, does the light just flash at a constant rate when diagnostic pins are shorted?

might be worth clearing the codes and starting again on stock ecu.

HTH,

Mo

Hmmm...

Is the mines ecu for the correct revision car that you have? do you know any history on the mines, spec of car it came from, modifications etc, i'm not sure if those can be mapped or who can map them..

So you're back on stock ecu?? with management light on but no error codes, does the light just flash at a constant rate when diagnostic pins are shorted?

might be worth clearing the codes and starting again on stock ecu.

HTH,

Mo

apparently so.... guy that listed it said compatiable for rev 2 mr2 turbo, and could work on standard car but better with a air filter and exhaust system. i have many mods on my engine. stock ecu at the moment light flashes with a constant rate with both ecu,s and no error codes. cleared the codes by pulling out the big round efi fuse as i hear thats what to do, but as soon as you turn the engine on, put ur foot down to rev the car on comes the engine management light, and it says on, the car does boost but very very poorly, so its not the same as if the fuel cut is coming in. any ideas om how to see exactly where i could find out if this ecu is the exact one to match to my car? like a product code for the ecu to the car etc, thansk v much mate

To clear the codes you need to pull 3 fuses...iirc ecu and efi in the rear fuse box and ecu in the front fuse box but i will check exactly which ones 2moro.

poor boost...only time i've had that is when mine (rev3) threw up knock sensor error code and once when it overboosted badly. clearing the codes completely should cure that (until it happens again)

only other time i've had management light on is when i had a speed sensor issue.

I think rev1/2 ecu loom plugs are different to rev3, hmm well i thought so but my A'pexi manual says they are the same.

can you post a pic up of ecu and it's serial/part number might be able to help more.

Mo

IIRC the mines ecu isnt mapped in the UK, so whatever car it came off, it will be specific to that, meaning its pretty pointless putting it on another engine :( it would only be beneficial IF both engines were similar spec, and even then its not the best route to take

i would remove it and sell to someone else

The Mines ECUs are not as advanced as that, they are not fully mapped like an stand along aftermarket system.

I had one on my supra, it basicly, removed fuel cut, remove/raise rev limit and remove speed limit, advanced the timing and had a fixed more aggressive map.

To save confusion about what fuses to pull just disconnect the Battery over night.....

To clear the codes you need to pull 3 fuses...iirc ecu and efi in the rear fuse box and ecu in the front fuse box but i will check exactly which ones 2moro.

poor boost...only time i've had that is when mine (rev3) threw up knock sensor error code and once when it overboosted badly. clearing the codes completely should cure that (until it happens again)

only other time i've had management light on is when i had a speed sensor issue.

I think rev1/2 ecu loom plugs are different to rev3, hmm well i thought so but my A'pexi manual says they are the same.

can you post a pic up of ecu and it's serial/part number might be able to help more.

Mo

will post up a picture and codes as soon as i can

The cds fan fuse keeps blowing in the front fuse box?? would this have anything to do with the ecu light coming on? replaced the fuse and it blows again. strange and i cant work it out? Any ideas? thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links