Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help - Think Im Buy 08 Rav4 Tomorrow...

RVelle

Howdy... Noob to the forum, noob to Toyota if I do go that route in the next few days...

My questions that im hoping you will give some input and insight to....

What do you think of a leftover 08 RAV4 Limited for $25750 (MSRP around $29800)? Should I run as fast as my feet will take me to the dealership to scoop it up or not all that great?

2nd question, and partial statement, is my mind was made up on a Nissan Murano, now that I actually took a RAV4 for a test drive today, seeing that it has almost the same get-up-an-go, and is just a tad rougher on backroads from a suspension standpoint, but has more rear cargo room, but has much better gas mileage.... I dont understand why the RAV4 isnt put up against the Murano and the likes since its just about the same size with better economy! The Highlander is just a gas hog and I looked at that to begin with and didnt want it.... Help me understand why they are not in the same class? Am i just blind and the car is really that much smaller?

Thanks,

RVelle

Hi and welcome to TOC, might be better to ask the mods to move this thread to the Rav section for a better response.

I'm guessing at the price you are paying, the Rav is the V6 which a load of us at this side of the pond would love to get

our hands on, a truely awesome vehicle which is not available to us though we do get the diesel. The price you pay for

your Ravs in the states is just over half the price we need to pay :crybaby: but how it compares in the US ? Dont know.

As for the Murano, dont think its that popular here as its petrol only and a bit thirsty. With gas prices the way they are here

the bigger petrol powered SUV's values are dropping like a stone. As you know size wise your Rav is bigger than ours and

more like the size of the Murano, which strangely enough is also seen as a premium car here, dont know why. Personally I

would go for the Rav, but hey I am biased.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Dave.M,

Thanks for the welcome and the response... honestly I didnt realize this was a Euro based forum till after I posted...but all is good ;)

Also didnt realize the US version was bigger than what you have avail, sorry to hear that, but luckily for me yes it is the V6 version, and I actaully got an alright deal on a semi loaded 2008 RAV4 Limited with leather and heated seats today WOOT! Factory remote starter, tow package, JBL system, sunroof, and a few other items, $28.8k.... could only get them down about $3800 US. Not my preferred color, but Black will be nice if I keep it clean...lol

Picking it up tomorrow.... glad to be apart of the Toyota family.... never owned one before.

Cars I have owned (newest to oldest):

05 Nissan Maxima SE (Trade In for RAV #1)

06 Pontiac G6 V6 (Trade in for RAV #2)

03 Hyundai Tiburon v6 GT

00 Hyundai Elantra

95 Eagle Talon TSI

93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

70 Nova (v6, crappy car)

80 Eagle Wagon AWD (fun car...lol)

72 Chevelle (v8 307)

72 Chevelle (v8 350)

78 Monte Carlo

RVelle

Sounds a great car for what we over here would consider an amazing price :thumbsup: Black is a great colour for the RAV (when you keep it clean ;) )

So you traded two cars in to get your RAV4 then? That's commitment :yes:

Yes, great price. When I was looking for mine in Mobile.de and Autoscout24.de they all were over EUR 21 000.

So I bought mine for 22 500 and with the export tax - EUR 2300 It came here EUR 25 000. And it is 2 years old and already have 105 000 km. from the first owner. I really hope to have no troubles as I have 25 000 km with it. I asked a lot of friends and they said that for this engine 100 000 km are nothing...so I bought it.

The only thing that makes me calm that I pay this very high price /especially for our standard here in BG/ are the extras of the Executive version :)))

RVelle, sounds like you got a great deal, enjoy it :thumbsup: Dont be put off by the fact that this a UK site, we are a friendly/crazy

lot on here. Stick around and join in the banter (we always go off topic :lol: )

Howdy everyone... Cant wait to pick it up.

Hoovie, yea traded two cars (Maxima & G6 - wife has a company car now, so time to cut car payments "some". and the family was getting bigger, mainly due to the addition of the dog (golden retriever) after youngest daughter was born - Honestly if not for the dog, I would have been getting a new Maxima....that was THE car I wanted.... owell... family grows priorities change ;)

After test driving the RAV, I truely was impressed......

Christia.... wow.. I didnt realize just how expensive these were over the pond.... Is the Exec version the same as the Limited here?

Dave.M... heh.. Ill be stickin around this site...Thanks all!

edited to add: Sticker, just under $32k, price (will) pay today: little over $28k (US) -- Of course they didnt have exactly what they quoted me, and I found one with a factory remote starter (actually it was between the black one Im getting and a red one, and I didnt like the red for some reason...though have had red cars in the past)

RVelle

Well I was off on my price a drop... paid $28895

Loving the heck out of it though ;)

Picked it up on Sunday, and put 200 miles on it that evening just to "drive" it around town...heh