Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blonde In Distress! Help? X

littleandblonde

Hola everyone, im new so hey!!

I have a little problem and wondered if anyone else has came across this or can guide me in the right direction.

I have a 2000 MR-S import (in yellow yummy!!) and the engine managment light has came on. So off to the doctors we go to get a diagnostic thingy, super i thought, but my local garage tried it and said that the software that they have did not work with this model due to it being an import. Two other garages later same problem, my little mrs wouldn't talk back to the machine to find out why the light was on!

One final visit to the local rip-off toyota dealers I have exactley the same problem!!!

So I'm stuck now, car is running like a dream just this light on is bugging me like mad and i just want to get it fixed!

Anyone know of a garage (not too far away from me, im in the borders) that has the correct software for my car or wat the ell I do next?

Help guys please.

Many thanks dudes xxx

Has anyone tried resetting the ECU by disconnecting the Battery for a period of time?

yeah went out for about ten mins lol back on, onto garage no 4.................................

Can you not short the pins out like you can on the mk2 ? and do it yourself and if its an import is it the toyota ecu or an aftermarket one ?

Daz :D

Well finally i have found a garage that has sourced the problem, topgear in dumfries after lots of searching have the software!! Its my heat sensor bank 1, at least i can chage it woohoo!!!

So anyone else ever have same problem these guy have the tech!!

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Glad you got sorted. :yes:

You found a garage that knew what you wanted at last, there are a few out there who have "J Spec" code reading capabilities, unfortunately there are plenty more who think that the diagnostic equipment they have will do the job and as you (and them) have found out, they ain't the same ;)

Now that you know where the problem lies don't throw any more money away until you check this out CLICKY

Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Les

Thanks for the link, ready to oreder but need a little bit of help, just to make sure i dont order the wrong one i need a heater oxygen sensor MEM P0135

Point me in the right direction dudes xx

If you are ordering from the link these are the options for the MR2

o2.jpg

If you get universals you will have to use the original plug as in the pictures HERE

If you want the easier option at a little extra cost go for the ones with plugs already on.

The top two sensors "Pre-Cat" on your car have the short wire and the one on the bottom "Post Cat" has the longer wire.

Les

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links