Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temp Gauge Fluctuations

zenkatie

Hi all. I thought I would try to find some answers or suggestions before I took my car to a mechanic or dealership to solve this problem. I have a 1998 Toyota Camry LE 4 cylinder that just passed the 250K mile mark. Last Thursday I had a family go to the emergency room and I had to drive VERY quickly on I4 to get to the hospital from where I work. Anyways the following day, I noticed that the "check engine" light has come on and my temp gauge would reach about the 2/3 mark and stay there whenever I am driving. Sometimes, the temp gauge would be slightly under the halfway mark when I am first driving and then go up 2/3 of the way after I come to a complete stop at a light. Then it just stays at the 2/3 mark. Mind you, the temp gauge has never passed the halfway mark since I bought this car in 98. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I would really like to keep my car for another year or so because I am just 5 payments from paying off my student loans and have no money for a new car yet.

Thanks,

Katie