Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warning Light?

Captain NoJo

Hi!

I've recently bought an Carina E 94-model, 3A-FE engine.

Today i noticed something strange when driving; After driving for about an hour i had to floor the trottle (passing a sunday driver) for a while, then the engine warning light came on. I lifted my foot and slowed down, and after about 10 sec. the light came off again. This happened last week also. What is going on?

I meant 4A-FE engine of course. And the same thing happened today. The engine runs normally when this happens.

• 4 weeks later...
I meant 4A-FE engine of course. And the same thing happened today. The engine runs normally when this happens.

Hi Captain NoJo - I had a Battery go flat on my 97 carina e and after I changed it I now have an engine warning light up. Once the rain stops I'll try to reset the ecu to see what happens. I'm begining to suspect coroded earths as the source of my problems. Can anyone out there help us please?

Hi Captain NoJo - I had a Battery go flat on my 97 carina e and after I changed it I now have an engine warning light up. Once the rain stops I'll try to reset the ecu to see what happens. I'm begining to suspect coroded earths as the source of my problems. Can anyone out there help us please?

Hi Again Captain - Today (09/11/08) I checked the fault code from the acu and got a code 21 = O2 sensor, so it looks like I need to either get the sensor tested and/or buy another - I'll keep all posted - toyotaowner2

Hi Again Captain - Today (09/11/08) I checked the fault code from the acu and got a code 21 = O2 sensor, so it looks like I need to either get the sensor tested and/or buy another - I'll keep all posted - toyotaowner2

Toyotaowner2 here - I purchased a secondhand o2 sensor and fitted it today and all is well - no engine warning light and sweet as anything. It might be of interest that the old sensor, which was no longer working was quite black with soot when I removed it, whereas the 'new' one was not - perhaps an indication of not working?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links