Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low Oil Light Comes On

Razor_Rage

Hey guys. just the other day while driving t work in my Rev5 N/A the amber oil light with a kind of water pattern under it lit up on my dash.

i've checked the oil level in the car and it's fine. and the light only comes on when the engine has gotten to working temperature.

i don't know what can eb the problem but i'm not driving the car for now if it's serious.

do you guys have any suggestions what it could be? i feel lke if the sensor was faulty it would be on all the time and not only when the engine has worked up in temperature.

any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. just the other day while driving t work in my Rev5 N/A the amber oil light with a kind of water pattern under it lit up on my dash.

i've checked the oil level in the car and it's fine. and the light only comes on when the engine has gotten to working temperature.

i don't know what can eb the problem but i'm not driving the car for now if it's serious.

do you guys have any suggestions what it could be? i feel lke if the sensor was faulty it would be on all the time and not only when the engine has worked up in temperature.

hi there i see you posted this a while ago did you manage to sort the problem out as i have the same thing happening to mine , if so what was the cause ? cheers

• 7 months later...

hi there i see you posted this a while ago did you manage to sort the problem out as i have the same thing happening to mine , if so what was the cause ? cheers

Hey havent checked this in ages. yeah the low oil sensor was faulty, a common problem on the 3S-GE, just disconnected the plug in the sump and now i just check the oil level on the oil dip stick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links