Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello, Chaps.

Funkadelic

I'm thinking of buying a rather lovely looking non-turbo MR2 on a J plate.

I'm 20 so I can't really afford anything quicker, unfortunately.

What I really would like to know is if somebody could sort me out some basic power output and 0-60/0-100 figures (please)?

I'll probably be getting the car anyway because I don't plan on getting anything stupidly fast until I'm 25 now, but it'd be nice to have some idea of how quick the MR2 is anyway!

Hello mate, we're you posting in the Supra forums before, looking to get a Supra? If so, then you followed my advice. I wasn't trying to be too gloomy, just show you the realisty of owning a big powerful sports car when you're under 25. I think you'll throughly enjoy the N/A MR2, it handles better than a Supra anyway.

0 - 60 Times for vehicles with 3S-GE engines - around 7.7 seconds.

Well, I think logic has to come in to play at some point.

I still wouldn't mind a Supra but I think it'd be better off to start with a car that's alot less likely to allow me to kill myself :lol:

Not only that but it means I'll be able to have a social life whereas the Supra probably would become a bit of a burden, rinsing out my wallet.

When I'm 25 I'll possibly still get one, although to be honest I would much prefer an RX7 (Supra weighs a tonne in comparison, but Rex will consume fuel like there's no tomorrow). Either way, whatever I get will be expensive to run! :D

You have madea very sensible, mature decision. The worst thing in the world (almost anyway) is worrying about money. Remember too that you may even want to buy a house one day. I'm on a pretty good salary, but money doesn't go far. However, I am in a position where I can run my MR2 comfortably, and I like that. I would love a Supra too, but although I could probably just about aford it, It would take too much money to run each month, and leave me nothing left to save, and I am simply not doing that! You also need a some savings in case expensive stuff goes wrong with a car e.g. new steering rack on an MR2 is around £700 fitted etc. All toyotas are very reliable, but it never hurts to be fully prepared.

Also, have you seen, Nippon is selling his white MR2 (What do you think it's worth? thread). It needs some gear box work, but why not have a chat with him. Find out how much it would cost to repair/replace the box - Matt at Rogue systems may have a spare one.....

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure I've made the right choice.

Hopefully the car is as good as it sounds and all will go smoothly. I should be taking a look at the weekend.