Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Xli - Si (95')

Naillik

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a sport lil corolla (GTI, G6, SI). And i found a XLI nicely done (tuned) but it isn't the SI.

Does it make a big difference to the perfommance of the car or not? What are the big difference between the SI and the XLI?

Thanks. :)

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a sport lil corolla (GTI, G6, SI). And i found a XLI nicely done (tuned) but it isn't the SI.

Does it make a big difference to the perfommance of the car or not? What are the big difference between the SI and the XLI?

Thanks. :)

are the Xli's not Diesel? That would be a difference!

The Xli also comes in 1600. =/

4E-FE, 4A-FE ? What does that mean?

4A-FE = 1.6 A-Engine

4E-FE = 1.3 E-Engine

FE= I think is EFI or electronic fuel injection.

Cheers,

Angelo

fe equates to an economy base head as opposed the the ge which is more performance oriented. 4a, 7a relates to the block with the 7a being almost identicl to the 4a except its taller with different con-rods to achieve its extra displacement.

XLi trim was only 1300 in the UK but Europe was different (hatchback not liftback) - Corolla's were marketed in a different way with the uk market demanding higher specs at the time - were euro cars were more basic with a bigger options list.

anyway if you've found a nice 4a-fe get it - the engines are the same just the standard trim was different.

So, if i understood... a 1600 is normaly always a 4A-FE, right?

Yea, i found a nice one... but she already drove a lot (about 240k) ^.^ I won't complain about the price, i can have it for about 1200£ (and all tuned up). I just hope it's the same engine as the SI. She is a XLI with 114hp so normaly it is. I just want it to have the same boost as a normal SI.

Thanks for you answers too. :D

boost? neither the 4A-FE or 4E-FE have forced induction. also the 4A-FE is only 109bhp in standard form (the 7A-FE has 114) and for information:

4A-FE

4 = denotes engine genration (from develepmont)

A = denotes engine series

F = denotes that the engine is economy orientated (G is used for perfomance orientated engines)

E = denotes the use of fuel injection

on a 4A-FE of that age watch for oil consumption, it can get quite bad on that engine for some reason.

Thanks for you explanation even that i didn't understand all of it. :)

When i meant boost, i meant that it has kinda power not like a lil 80hp. :D

About the oil, I got that i need to fill it up every 2000km... i know it's quite bad. :s

why you preffer to buy a new engine? is not best to have yours rebuilt? It will be cheaper, and you will end with a engine you know whats been thru, and more important, you'll have a engine wich is to the factory spec's with the power you expect normally on the car.

@ Angralitux : Huh? I never said i wanted to buy a new engine. O_o

Anyways to tell u, it wasn't a XLI the women didn't put the correct model infact she was a SI :D!

But one problem she has a bit of rust near the back real... so i am not sure to take!

Dang! If only she didn't have rust! :(

Edit: Oh yea i forgot the trunk doesn't stay open (as up), if u hold it, it does...

So, if i understood... a 1600 is normaly always a 4A-FE, right?

Yea, i found a nice one... but she already drove a lot (about 240k) ^.^ I won't complain about the price, i can have it for about 1200£ (and all tuned up). I just hope it's the same engine as the SI. She is a XLI with 114hp so normaly it is. I just want it to have the same boost as a normal SI.

Thanks for you answers too. :D

ohh, I didn't notice you weren't talking about getting a new engine but a car :D sorry :) good luck with the buy

• 9 months later...

Hi i no this is a long time ago, but whats the actual differences in the engine.

Eg block size, cams, pistons, manifolds etc. thanks