Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

*bleeping* Satnav

aralph

:unsure:

I have a 58 Avensis TR Estate 2.2D with the full screen colour SatNav. I go into the menu turn the *Beep* off and then two days later the *Beep* is back on. Is this normal.. If so it is *Bleeped* annoying..

The car is a month old and already been back twice, due to alloy wheel problems and locking bolts.

Please help..

:unsure:

I have a 58 Avensis TR Estate 2.2D with the full screen colour SatNav. I go into the menu turn the *Beep* off and then two days later the *Beep* is back on. Is this normal.. If so it is *Bleeped* annoying..

The car is a month old and already been back twice, due to alloy wheel problems and locking bolts.

Please help..

Sorry araalph but yes, it is normal for cars to go wrong, for dealers to disappoint and for complex electronics to be unusable and not do what they say they will do.

Walking is so much simpler, I find. Bike would be OK were it not for the dodgy knees and crushed vertebrae.

Think you are getting "Buyers remorse". (You've bought it, paid shed-loads, thought it was wonderful but then find a few things are annoying you... have you made a big mistake, you ask yourself... ). I'd revel in the good luck that I was able to buy the ruddy thing in the first place, what with so many other people losing jobs, starving due to rising food prices,,,

Yours aye

Yup, a sense of balance helps... when I remind myself.../

Thanks 2912pwil, that is really useful regarding a satnav question.

To answer your rant, yes we are in a recession no matter what the politicians say.

So I bought a new car, I chose a car made in the UK. Although I would rather have had a car made in Europe with a premium Badge but I thought NO lets keep the money in the country and try to help safeguard british jobs.

Does that mean I should put up with something that annoys me?

Should I not ask a question on a forum designed for people to talk about cars? Should I hang my head in shame because I made an effort to fix the economy?

If anyone has any answers to the SatNav question please help.. :wacko:

Thanks 2912pwil, that is really useful regarding a satnav question.

To answer your rant, yes we are in a recession no matter what the politicians say.

So I bought a new car, I chose a car made in the UK. Although I would rather have had a car made in Europe with a premium badge but I thought NO lets keep the money in the country and try to help safeguard british jobs.

Does that mean I should put up with something that annoys me?

Should I not ask a question on a forum designed for people to talk about cars? Should I hang my head in shame because I made an effort to fix the economy?

If anyone has any answers to the SatNav question please help.. :wacko:

RTFM?

My 07 Avensis has the same problem with the beep. I have reported the problem to the dealer on several occasions over the last 18 months and they admit that it is a known problem.

It appears to be the only setting that forgets, but is still very annoying. You would think that they could flash in new firmware to fix this problem and perhaps also configure the unit for right hand drive so that the voice comes from the driver's front speaker instead on the passenger's.

• 1 month later...

Hey! My "Beep" came on all-of-it's-own today also. So,,, what goes around....

Now coming on every morning. During the summer it was about once a week. Every morning last winter as well, so must be temperature related. Either cold overnight or hot during the day because the heater is on.

Boy that made me laugh.... Cheers made my day..

I have reported it to the local stealership 2 weeks ago, so they have tested it on a demo and the same thing is happening on that, so waiting for a further reply from them.

• 11 months later...

Beep came back on of it's own accord 1st time in months yesterday, which was a bit cold...

I'm convinced this is temperature related...

Cheers!

2912pwil

On my 58 plate TR the satnav beep occasionally turns its self back on - but so what - just turn it off again - the car is faultless and I have better things to do than waste time in a dealers complaining about a beep.

Though it appears I got time to waste here ;-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links