Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introducing My Auris!

Speed_Chaser

• 4 months later...

Hi Alex!

Congratulations for you perfect looking car. I have two question and would be glad i you could answer them:

1.Could you please write me the cataloge number of the HID 6000k xenon lights? I would like to order them, however i am not sure weather i have the correct one. Is this xenon light the best one, or is there any better;

2. I wanted to order the VG shark fin antenna, however on the hompage of the company there is no Auris option. Which antenna did you order?

Thanks for your answer

Best regards

Akos

Hello Akos!

Welcome to the club and thank you for the compliment about my car. Actually I've made some updates, I will have to write and post some pictures of what I've done.

1. I don't know about catalogue numbers. I just ordered conversion kit with needed bulb type (H11). What I ordered was: "Cobra HID Conversion kit 12V. Bulb type: H11 Temperature: 6000K

showcase_1024.jpg

I don't have any exact information about the quality, but the kit is produced by Cobra which is very well known company around the world. It is not just some random kit produced in China. So I think yes, that kit is one of the bests. I haven't had any problems with mine so far.

2. Yes there's no Auris on the list as there is no such model in the US. I e-mailed the company and asked which one should I order. They told me that fins for Echo, Yaris and Matrix will be fine for Auris and I ordered for Yaris.

But it depends on which colour your car is. Check if some of those three car models have same colour on the list as your car. I'm sure you will be fine.

Best regards, Alex

• 3 months later...

First post (mod list) updated! Pics and more mods coming during the summer...

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update. Colour-coded and installed back my mudflaps after driving without them for quite a long time. I also made an inverted vertical rear wiper mod! The wiper is wiping the same area as before, just stays in vertical position when not used. It looks quite cool but the main point is to prevent dust and snow from building up on the rear window just above the wiper... :ph34r:

auris40.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Latest changes:

-Custom front grille mesh removed

-JDM tail light swap

I just didn't like the looks of the mesh. It didn't look stealth enough so I took it off and replaced with the old one.

JDM tail light swap means that the parkers are closer to the sides and brake lights are placed further from the sides. This makes the rear look wider when only parkers are on.

Pics and more mods coming soon. Waiting for some parts to arrive. I can give you a clue: I allready rewired the lights to work in a different way: Foggies do light up automatically as soon as I turn the engine on. After that I can switch my low beams manually on if I want to. Until now the lights have been working in an opposite way. Who can guess what's to come?

BTW as I am working on the lights, I decided to attach my ballasts to the bottom of the lamps for even more stealth look under the hood. One ballast ready, one more to go.

My guess would be, that you will replace the fogs with some kind of round LED-DRLs. Did I get it? :yahoo:

Pretty close :thumbsup: My H11 LED bulbs did just arrive to the post office. Going to collect and fit them asap.

Thanks man! smile.gif

Here are some old winter pics where I have my custom mesh grille with TRD Badge installed. Now they're both gone.
In the last picture you can see my carbine hook hanging under the car biggrin.gif

grille01kehystetty.jpg
grille02kehystetty.jpg
auris40.jpg

Received and installed my H11 LED bulbs. They work as my DRLs from now on. Also added some 26 SMD parkers. Both lights are very bright and good-looking! They match very well with my 6000K HID low beams.

Here are some pics I promised to post:

JDM tail light swap. Two sets to show you how it looks during day/night.

First pic of the set is with parkers only, second one shows you how it looks when parkers and brakes are both on.

brakesoff.jpg

02jarrutpiv.jpg

brakesoffy.jpg

brakesony.jpg

Now the front lights. Two sets again, during the day and night.

All off

offw.jpg

Parkers only

parkit.jpg

Parkers and DRLs

parkitjaled.jpg

Parkers and low beams

04parkitjahid.jpg

Parkers, DRLs and low beams

parkithidjaled.jpg

Parkers only

parkity.jpg

Parkers and DRLs

parkitjaledy.jpg

Parkers and low beams

parkitjahidy.jpg

Parkers, DRLs and low beams

09parkithidjaledy.jpg

Parkers, DRLs, low beams and high beams

parkithidledjapitkty.jpg

woow realy nice you make me jealous when i see your auris :lol: do you make the gril by your self or they sell it somewhere i am searching for new gril but i cant find nothing do you know some shop where they sell it ???

I haven't found any grilles made for Auris. I did just buy some universal mesh and cut it to size. It is sold in most car accessory shops...

• 3 months later...

My custom TRD badge:

p1050706.jpg

Amber LED strips in the boot:

p1050713.jpg

p10507252.jpg

p1050728.jpg

Couple of random shots:

p1050703g.jpg

p1050704l.jpg

Speed chaser,

I have to offer my congratulations on displaying a very nice looking Auris.

I'm a car enthusiast and i'm all for modifications, but i prefer the subtle style of modifications that you need to look closely to spot, and i think you have hit the mark on all of your mod's!

The exhaust is the only obvious external mod that you can spot, and it suits the car perfectly.

The rest are all nice, subtle and done to a high standard with obvious thought and consideration, and its nice to see.

Keep up the good work Alex, i'm looking forward to your next update.

Regards

Dave :thumbsup:

I appreciate your kind words Dave!

I've been consciously trying to maintain very factory-like look, and it seems that I've managed to do so. Many people have actually thought that I've installed some "sport pack" developed by Toyota :D

I'm not usually doing anything special to my car during the winter, as it's too cold outside and I don't have any garage to work in, but I'll be posting on here as soon as something new will occur :)

• 2 months later...

Your car looks very slick. Lots of subtle styling features!

How did you attach the TRD Badge to your grille? Im about to put an SR Badge on my SR180, but its not an actual grille Badge. Was thinking gripfill or another ridiculously strong glue?!?!?

Your car looks very slick. Lots of subtle styling features!

How did you attach the TRD badge to your grille? Im about to put an SR badge on my SR180, but its not an actual grille badge. Was thinking gripfill or another ridiculously strong glue?!?!?

3M tape will do... but a strong glue, now that's better (won't get pulled off in a car wash!)

Thanks Clarkey!

My Badge is designed to be attached to the grill, so don't really have any experience on sticking it there.

I would suggest you to attach some piece of metal to the grill somehow first, and then stick your Badge to it. This is how you won't have to modify your Badge in any way.

Good luck :thumbsup:

I see that you chose 16" wheels to use in winter was there any reason why you didn't go for 15"? I will also need to make this decision for next winter.

15" wheels weren't even an option. I was thinking more between 16" and 17" as there's not a lot of snow on the roads here usually, so I didn't see any reason to choose too practical wheels. Finally I just went an easy road and chose the original sized wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently added:

- Toyota devil horns on front/rear Badge

- Black mesh on the front plate

- Throttle controller