Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introducing My Auris!

Speed_Chaser

Thank you Tavey, really appreciate your kind words :)

• Like 1

Cheers :) I liked that house on the edge of that big rock in the first pic! Must be odd living up there...

• 3 months later...

There were couple of rims left so I got a pair of them very cheap. Decided to go for it and replaced old scratched pair with new ones. Got them for the rear with ET20 instead of ET40 I had before. Here's how the car looks now:

jawPS3a.jpg

RaLbfHs.jpg

8qUBvgK.jpg

• Like 1

Rims are beautiful, but aren't they interfering with wheel arches?

No problem with that Tavey. I know people who have installed even 9" wide rims with 32 offset (which is coming out approx. 1 cm more than mine) and have only minor scratching. Mine are totally silent, went through some bumps etc. on my way home with winter wheels at the back of my car and not a single touch so far.

Please help me with electrics related problem Tavey ;)

Part list updated, tyres are GoodYear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 225/40/18. Really great and extremely quiet, big improvement even compared to Asymmetric 1 tyres I had before. Not much louder than my winter 205/55 rubbers actually. Very stable too, car goes like a train! In wet conditions it's possible to drive like on a dry road without worrying at all... Happy days.

Front rims, still TSW Snetterton 8,0x18", ET40 (center caps removed). Rear rims, still TSW Snetterton 8,0x18", but ET20 (center caps not removed, yet).

I have also some other plans for the upcoming season, so watch this space...!

Tavey, thanks for helping me out mate :)

• Like 1

a717f100593c4054a0699182357d5b82.jpged40ee283511a59d73a27a097dc774a8.jpg

1e2782ec2463c1607b3a0e0b5fa15954.jpg6db637d42a82070af46c43b0223ea53b.jpgc77bf5ed477c3f3e393a1ab120293003.jpg63a2f70ca8d90d04a6da56a1328170b3.jpg

My Auris as featured in Auto Express Used Car Buying Guide on the Toyota Auris (16th-22nd April 2014).

Excellent shots, you can even see the TOC sticker :thumbsup:

Nice, only if someone took some nice photos of my car too :) Don't have so much skills myself...

cars looking great, et20 is adventurous, im running et35 on 8inch rims and it would be close with the arch with people in the back, :)

Thanks mate! :) No problems so far, need to test it with people in the back I guess... I'm actually waiting for new parts to upgrade the suspension at the moment so hard to say anything yet. But as you can see from the pics even if they'd rub, they wouldn't rub much at all as they're not so much out of the arch. Top side is totally inside actually. BTW if someone's keen on buying a set of springs I will be probably selling them any time soon. H&R with 35mm lowering for petrol Auris.

Thanks mate! :) No problems so far, need to test it with people in the back I guess... I'm actually waiting for new parts to upgrade the suspension at the moment so hard to say anything yet. But as you can see from the pics even if they'd rub, they wouldn't rub much at all as they're not so much out of the arch. Top side is totally inside actually. BTW if someone's keen on buying a set of springs I will be probably selling them any time soon. H&R with 35mm lowering for petrol Auris.

in sure they would sell easy, you going coilovers :)

Yeah I hope so. I will try and make some good price if someone will need them more than me as they will be totally no use for me. Coilovers yes, it's time to move on and try something different. You should've gotten a set yourself too, there was no such thing as coilies when I first got my car...

Beautiful car. Paint is burning or shining like sun itself :) Awesome.

Yeah I hope so. I will try and make some good price if someone will need them more than me as they will be totally no use for me. Coilovers yes, it's time to move on and try something different. You should've gotten a set yourself too, there was no such thing as coilies when I first got my car...

Would love coilovers didn't think anyone did them or did you go custom

• Like 1

Beautiful car. Paint is burning or shining like sun itself :) Awesome.

Thanks for your compliment :) Wish there was more of those sunny days when the car doesn't get dirty after couple of kilometers. For some reason the rain comes usually next day after washing the car and after that it's sunny again :D

Yeah coilovers are being produced for this car by many companies actually. KW has couple of models, also BC Racing and DGR. But DGR isn't so well-known, havent been able to find any distributor in Europe. Sure would be possible to order directly from Asia though.

Yeah coilovers are being produced for this car by many companies actually. KW has couple of models, also BC Racing and DGR. But DGR isn't so well-known, havent been able to find any distributor in Europe. Sure would be possible to order directly from Asia though.

I don't think they would work on a hybrid though due to the extra weight it Carrys over the back axle, the spring rates would be a lot different to a normal auris model,

No mate sorry but you're wrong. I just met a local guy here who had BC Racing coilovers on his bybrid similiar to yours. I made a post about it here.

No mate sorry but you're wrong. I just met a local guy here who had BC Racing coilovers on his bybrid similiar to yours. I made a post about it here.

interesting cheers gives me something to save for, thanks for that

Not a compliment, this real :) I am admirer that your Auris' paintwork. My car is exactly same colour as yours, I really love this colour and even my old 3 cars was same colour but I never reach that shining. I tried various waxes, auto detailing companies and result is only satisfactory not exactly what I want. May be I am the problem? :)

If it is not a secret can you tell me how you can manage that? I mean which wax or detailing company or may be your own formula wax do that? What amount wax did you use? Did you do it hand or wax machine?

Cheers for that, it's nice to hear :) I've been learning and testing quite a lot to achieve this. I think you're not the problem, but maybe you will figure the problem out after reading my post...?

Please take a look here to see which products I'm using and here to see how I'm using them. It's not all there so I will briefly describe the process here:

The waxing
First when you start you should wash your car with alkaline solvent to remove dirt, oil, metal etc, then you can optionally use some clay bar in order to remove all the dirt, even the smallest particles. This is also good for small black dots which are tar or something like that. After that pre-wax cleaner like Dodo Juice Lime Prime suggested in my post I put a link to. Buff it and then add one coat of Collinite 476S wax. Not much, very little actually. Usually people put too much of it. Then buff it and add second coat which you buff off too, obviously. Like this you will get all spots covered at least once in case you forget to add wax somewhere at first time. Then you can detail the rest with black plastic & rubber products, add something to the rims or use the same method as when waxing the car etc. When you've done the first time it's enough to wax one or two times in a year.

To maintain the effect you need to do the following:

The washing
DO NOT use solvents or alkaline products, only WAX SAFE products which will not damage wax. Get a foam lance and some fluid for it, for example from Valet Pro. I described this in my linked post. Spray it to the car according to instructions, let it dwell for 5 mins or so then rinse off with pressure in order to wash most of the dirt away. Then take a bucket of water and add Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Shampoo according to instructions. The shampoo adds shine and helps the wax to stay on the surface for longer. Wash the car with washing mitt, it's the best for the job as it will not damage the paint. After that rinse the shampoo off with pressure and dry with a highly absorbent special towel. The towel in my post is superb as I don't necessarily need to take water off from it. I can dry the whole car at once!

All of the products have been bought from cleanyourcar.co.uk. I have also bought polisher and tried it last summer but didn't actually like it. It's heavy and hands get really tired on vertical panels. So I apply wax with wax applicator and buff with buffing towel.

This is not very difficult or expensive once when you have bought everything and only need to top up :)

• Like 1

Cheers for that, it's nice to hear :) I've been learning and testing quite a lot to achieve this. I think you're not the problem, but maybe you will figure the problem out after reading my post...?

Please take a look here to see which products I'm using and here to see how I'm using them. It's not all there so I will briefly describe the process here:

The waxing

First when you start you should wash your car with alkaline solvent to remove dirt, oil, metal etc, then you can optionally use some clay bar in order to remove all the dirt, even the smallest particles. This is also good for small black dots which are tar or something like that. After that pre-wax cleaner like Dodo Juice Lime Prime suggested in my post I put a link to. Buff it and then add one coat of Collinite 476S wax. Not much, very little actually. Usually people put too much of it. Then buff it and add second coat which you buff off too, obviously. Like this you will get all spots covered at least once in case you forget to add wax somewhere at first time. Then you can detail the rest with black plastic & rubber products, add something to the rims or use the same method as when waxing the car etc. When you've done the first time it's enough to wax one or two times in a year.

To maintain the effect you need to do the following:

The washing

DO NOT use solvents or alkaline products, only WAX SAFE products which will not damage wax. Get a foam lance and some fluid for it, for example from Valet Pro. I described this in my linked post. Spray it to the car according to instructions, let it dwell for 5 mins or so then rinse off with pressure in order to wash most of the dirt away. Then take a bucket of water and add Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Shampoo according to instructions. The shampoo adds shine and helps the wax to stay on the surface for longer. Wash the car with washing mitt, it's the best for the job as it will not damage the paint. After that rinse the shampoo off with pressure and dry with a highly absorbent special towel. The towel in my post is superb as I don't necessarily need to take water off from it. I can dry the whole car at once!

All of the products have been bought from cleanyourcar.co.uk. I have also bought polisher and tried it last summer but didn't actually like it. It's heavy and hands get really tired on vertical panels. So I apply wax with wax applicator and buff with buffing towel.

This is not very difficult or expensive once when you have bought everything and only need to top up :)

Thank you very much for explanations :) You are great. I copy and paste your recommends to my car cleaning case. I note products and get them as quick as possible. By the way I use before sonax and turtle wax. They not bad but, as I said before they did not perform what exactly I want. When whether is ok, I will apply your advices as quick as possible and take and upload pictures. Thanks again & again for your advices and time spend for me, I learned much from you :)