Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introducing My Auris!

Speed_Chaser

Yeah no problem, always glad to help. I hope you will reach your results!

It's really an improvement to see how clean the car is and it's also much easier to keep it clean when you have good wax and good stuff for washing. I'm sure you can get even more shine if you want by choosing another wax. There are special wet look waxes but they won't last as long as this one. This stays for more than half a year even in harsh conditions with snow, road salt and other chemicals. For super shine there are also products which help get the car even more shiny, those are detailing sprays and glazes.

But I don't know everything and there is no one correct way of doing all this. It's good to start somewhere and see what works for you, what would you like to do better etc. Cleanyourcar website is good as there's explanations under each section. By reading the explanations you will know more and on top of that there are always product descriptions with customer reviews. I would suggest also reading some forums, even on this one is detailing section. Very well-known one is detailingworld.co.uk which is also worth checking for some great tips. If you have anything else to ask I will try to help if I can :) Best of luck mate!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No mate just an ordinary kit with slim ballasts. There is no Can-Bus on Auris (at least pre-facelift). I've seen your topic about this issue and 08 model should be same pre-face as mine :)

excellent - thanks for the 2nd confirmation.

Will probably make the order once my tax disc rebate comes in. Already bought some bits to fit when I collect it (K&N panel filter, fitted boot liner - got kids pram and muddy boots to add in)

No problem mate :) Best of luck!

My luck didn't last for too long. Yesterday I opened one of my rear light hatches inside the trunk and found out there is a leak. My tool bag was covered in dust and a bit wet :/ There was a thread about this and I was so happy my car didn't leak even though it's a common problem... Well, need to start digging for that thread and figuring out how to fix it!

Buy a tube of silicone sealant and...you know what you do with it. :)

Eat it? :D Ok will fix it, just have to double check the spot etc because I did not pay so much attention to that thread before. Better to know beforehand what to do than open the car up and then start thinking :)

Maybe before sealing the lights I should crach them open and paint the inside? Not the reflectors for sure, but the surrounds...

• 3 weeks later...

Did not buy silicone. Opened the rear up, minor leak from lights and major from air vents behind the bumper. Removed the seals for the lamps, cleaned, re-attached. No more leak from lights. The ones around air vents were cracked and 1/4 was missing. If I'm going to buy a new ones I will need new air vents. I am thinking how to do a new set using ordinary door/window seal strip. :D

And some pics. While I'm still preparing for the 2014 season, here are the last photos from the last season.

dHH77OT.jpg

cftHsjF.jpg

7OZ2cWJ.jpg

2Xo6MHz.jpg

VMbX8XL.jpg

jQrWQ9L.jpg

qZINtEW.jpg

Then couple of more recent pics, allready from this year. First come the shiny shots, specially dedicated to hachiroku86 ;) I was inspired to shoot these after his comments.

qGSxq1p.jpg

zqPYSQA.jpg

And then new rear offset on a clean car...

oBWXMJg.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers Paul :)

So, here it is now, dropped:

Kl2ly9b.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks, I like it too. Improvement in looks and handling is huge! I am using BC Racing V1.

Small update on the situation. Rear tyres interfered with guards on couple of bumps so I had to take 4mm off the rims, my new offset is now ET24. Going to roll the guards next in order to drop it a slight bit more without rubbing even with passengers/stuff inside the car.

And more pics:

oBywbDk.jpg

mTWSjIx.jpg

ffvKTqU.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Speed_Chaser, Are you still using the strut and sway bar with it or just the coilovers on its own?

Yeah full setup on, so no hope of me selling the bars if that's what you're after :)

Got spare H&R lowering springs sitting on the shelf though if you or someone else is interested. Lowering is 35mm front and rear.

BTW front bar improves handling the most as it stiffens the front part of the car. That's what I'd get first and it is pretty easy to source from the company directly or through their distributors. Rear didn't make so much difference. Maybe in corners it's better but hard to compare afterwards. After installing front bar I felt improvement as soon as I grabbed the steering wheel. Steering became much more responsive and sharp.

Just asking since Speed_Chaser already got them installed :thumbsup:

I've got some Cusco front strut and Cusco rear sway bar on mine and planning to get the BC Racing coilovers next month.

A few more questions.

What setting do you have it on both front and back and with your rear setting adjuster, is that going through the trim for easy access? If so, did you get an extension or the standard one that came with the kit.

Cheers buddy.

Ah ok that's nice. Are you going to order V1? How about camber plates for front?

For the front I have 6-8 clicks from hardest and it doesn't rub at all. For the rear I have hardest setting set just to save my tyres until friday when my guards will be rolled. After that I will test and see which setting will be best for rear.

Rear adjusters are not routed on top of the trim. If you want to do it you will need the extenders. The normal stock adjusters will not stick out enough for you to use them. 110mm (shortest) extenders will be enough and you will even need to shorten them if you want the top knobs flush with the trim. After thinking about it I decided not to install them at least for now as I think they won't be really necessary. It is fairly easy to pull the side panels out and adjust them. After everything will be done and fitment will be good I will find a good setting and probably leave it that way. Maybe I am wrong, if so, I will install the extenders afterwards.

No problem, always glad to help. Please let me know how it goes with coilovers. It will be interesting to hear and probably that will help me to learn something new :) Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I have chance to wax the my car. Thank you so much for your help, shining like as I wish always :) Very difficult to find collinite here but finally I got it and this is the result:

post-118178-0-06888400-1403110462_thumb.

post-118178-0-49374200-1403110709_thumb.

post-118178-0-69487600-1403110888_thumb.

post-118178-0-66092600-1403110928_thumb.

Looks like you've done a good job. Smart Avensis. Good to have some representation from Turkey - the home of the Corolla saloon and the Verso.

Thank you. And my car Avensis from UK :)

It really does look nice :) Also can really see the "orange skin pattern" on the car (3rd photo) where it looks like paint surface is textured. When you'll do it again after 6-12 months the result will be even better as now you did it first time so there was much "deep dirt" on the car. Next time there will be less of it so car will become even cleaner.

Did you try to wipe paint surface with bare hand? Is it even and silky now? That is good test also. You can feel it and compare to non waxed/cleaned car. You will feel the difference for sure.

Please do tell more about the process. Was it easy to do? Did you have any problems? Would you do something differently if you would do it again? It would be interesting to hear the details.

BTW most of my pics uploaded are gone since I imageshack isn't free anymore, so it's not showing pics previously uploaded there. Is there any easy way to get the pics back to show up in my posts? Would appreciate your advice guys!

Also I would like to know if anyone has rolled rear wheel arches? Because I'm planning to do it on mine but still unsure as one guy told me it's nearly impossible to bend them because of their shape while other one says it's basic stuff and easy to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Lowered the back more. Now front and back are at the same level. Total lowering from stock is approx. 8cm which means 45mm lower than with H&R springs I had before.

m2mUIgQ.jpg

And just received something new to add:

G94hGin.jpg

Removed bonnet heatshield for cleaner look. Also did hide the window washer piping as before it was just under the heatshield and would've been visible after removing it.

DqQ0o8T.jpg

• Like 1

Now dewipered. Sorry for the bird !Removed!, they really like dropping it on my car, especially when it's clean :D

Oh almost forgot, now 2nd layer of Oracal added to the rear lights for darker result. Really like them now. They have that smoked look but still are pretty OEMish.

Tt4QGVR.jpg

• Like 1

i am going to paint some small bits on my car and need your opinion. I am willing to change the colour of my Toyota badges but unsure which would be the best option. Here are the options:

1. Front and rear Badge in car's colour. Rear would be silver on silver, front silver on black because of the Badge base which is black.

2. Front and rear in car's colour. Rear would be silver on silver, front silver on silver. I would paint also the front plastic Badge holder in silver.

3. Front and rear badge in black. Inside of the rear badge would be taped with black tape in order to make black on black like the front. With taping the inside I mean something like this:

$T2eC16hHJG8E9nyfp-ZHBRNC7EZL)Q~~60_12.J

Black badges are too common. Everyone has them. Black on black would be allright possibly, but maybe just too dark. From a distance it would look like a "hole". Silver on silver would be very stealth. But would it look good? Especially on the front where there is plastic base. It might not look good when painted silver. Also painting the rear no matter if it's going to be black or silver may not look good as I still have the chrome strip under my number plate.

Opinions are very welcome. Here is how the car looks now:

IEpwdodl.jpg

Q8eYKwnl.jpg

My personal choice would be to leave the front Badge as it is now, but paint the rear one black. At least it would stand out a little more with the contrast :)