Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introducing My Auris!

Speed_Chaser

Pull the panel out (with your fingers) at its upper side, then lift it up along the pillar.

Thanks Tavey! Will I still be able to get it back in place without removing it totally? As the lower part is behind the big black top panel and I won't be happy if I will have to remove it to get everything back in place!

Cheers, useful as always :) Let's see if I will be able to just tuck the cable enough under the panel by pulling the pillar panel just slightly without removing it. But in case it won't work I will have to remove it of course. Visible cable is not an option!

So currently I am testing the camera. Everything seems good except one thing, the mirror is shaking no matter how well I attach the camera mirror to the original one. I believe the shaking is caused by extra weight, not the poor attachment because the velcro straps hold it very well actually. Interesting though that the video footage isn't shaking, because of the stabilization most probably. I will be working on this and try to put something soft in between the mirrors to see if it'll help.

I managed to find a good way of hiding the wire without removing the panels. Haven't done it properly yet though as I want to fix the shaking problem first.

Daytime footage is very good but at night I couldn't see number plates at all. It seems that they are reflecting a lot because of my headlights and this prevents the symbols from being recorded properly.

The display's brightness is adjusted so that in daytime it can be visible only if you are looking at it on purpose. If you're using the mirror you won't even notice it. Therefore at night it is not blinding. In normal use it can be set to stay on for 15 seconds and then turn automatically off. Or can be turned off/on by pressing a button. Very handy.

This mirror cam has lots of nice functions and I haven't found any annoyances/bugs so far. This is why I really hope I will be able to continue using it. Otherwise I will try and return this in exchange to DOD LS460W and start using it with my mirror mount.

Couple of pics attached. Pics with display on need to be taken at night, otherwise it cannot be captured properly.

KkFHmFQl.jpg

fog4F0il.jpg

• Like 1

The problem with shaking can be solved inserting a piece of rubber (make it somehow, with cutter and file for instance) in between mirror arm and windshield.

You sure mate? I tried holding the mirror arm base with my fingers and shaking continued. I am 99% sure the shaking is caused by the pivot point where mirror is connected to the arm. Not where arm is connected to the windshield.

... I am 99% sure the shaking is caused by the pivot point where mirror is connected to the arm. Not where arm is connected to the windshield....

Then the pivot has a problem; whole mirror must be replaced.

I believe it's not a fault. As without the extra weight everything is perfect.

Of course is not a fault, but we have to find a solution for this problem with shaking...

I think the solution is to buy "normal" camera which is attached separately, not on the mirror :) Today I tried putting rubber between the arm and windshield, same thing continued. Tried shaking the joint with my arm but it felt very solid. I really don't know where the problem is and how to solve it, I have allready gone through all these three points which are possibly causing the problem.

BTW it's been reported that this shaking occurs on other cars aswell. Some people just try to get used to it.

So the seller was very kind and agreed to change my mirror camera to another one, even though there was nothing really wrong with the mirror. Most probably it was just somehow incompatible with my mirror. I still don't know what was wrong. Now I am waiting for a DOD LS460W. Basically it has same specs but is a traditional camera unit.

DOD_LS460W_1-600x600.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, finally I received my replacement, the LS460W a week ago, installed and tested it last weekend. Of course the shaking problem is gone as I am using mirror mount with it. It makes the camera to sit right under my mirror so that top part is hidden behind the mirror but everything from top part of the display is visible. I covered white texts with black tape and that made the camera almost invisible when looking from the outside. Need to specifically to look for it in order to notice there is a camera.

What else can I say... RX8W had display turnoff delay 15 seconds or later, but this unit has minimum of 3 minutes. Don't know if this will be disturbing at night. Probably not as much as on RX8W as there the display was right on my mirror so looking what's happening behind whould've been very difficult. Another thing is that on LS460W the memory card slot is very deep. If the nails are short it is impossible to push the card so that it would pop out. But this is nothing serious. This was difficult even on RX8W as the slot was at the top part of the mirror and so close to the roof liner that the mirror had to be tilted in order to get the card out.

So can't really say anything bad about this new camera, it has great video quality of course. Pics of the install coming later.

41axm6QE4GL._SX425_.jpg

So finally got couple of pics of my install. Changed the way it's installed a bit, now it's mostly hidden behind the mirror. Don't know if it's good or bad, will have to drive a bit and see how it goes. It was easy to calibrate as I saw just enough of my dash to adjust the angle. Otherwise I won't need the display. Before it was on the right side from center so that I could see display and left buttons were about at the center. Quite nice but it was more in my field of view so I decided to try this, more hidden option. Now the lens is also totally centered. What do you think?

ueOkXpxl.jpg

8zUSJYel.jpg

GNJM6jQl.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome buddy. Now hide that wire lol.

Yeah, will do. That's next on my list. I just wanted to test which location of the camera I like most to adjust the wire length correctly during the install.

And it's done. Routed it to the right hand side (passenger side here) and there behind the glove box :)

bPD8W3Sl.jpg

jgcf5HDl.jpg

I allready have some future plans for this summer and even something sitting in my garage waiting for the install. Watch this space :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok car has been cleaned and waxed inside and out. Also added front 70% tints (windshield aswell). It was getting too hot inside during the sunny days so I decided to test how this works. Put 3M Crystalline film as it should have great heat rejection and is superior product. I also like how it looks, not too dark. Mostly reflective so it's not really noticeable but it also restricts people from seeing inside.

Clean:
H4aWwOGl.jpg

jpbZ55pl.jpg

Tint:
2hOYA2Zl.jpg

Front 70%, rear 50%.
oEFffhel.jpg

ddXliUvl.jpg

• Like 1

Good news, Original JDM Toyota Slimline Weathershields finally installed. Very slim, very neat, superb quality. This means my old deflectors from Team HEKO are for sale. In case someone's interested feel free to PM me. I removed the logos from them so you will get clean-looking set without the manufacturer texts.

Here's what I have at the moment:

frNoqiGl.jpg

RLGOIJUl.jpg

Some pics and video footage from Smotra Run 2015 in Helsinki. Popular person in car tuning community in Russia Eric Davidych organizes these runs every year. He is collecting a team of 5-10 cars and they drive together from city to city, looking around, sometimes speeding, organizing some program in the cities and of course meeting their followers eg. car tuning enthusiasts who are waiting to see them in every city. At first they were driving only around Russia, but this year the Run is going through Nordic countries all the way to London and from there back to Russia through the Europe. So you have a chance to see them aswell.

Please see the map of their route:
sm_img-1756390_980x600.jpg

And here you can see the real-time GPS location of the cars:
smotra.ru/gps/

In Finland everything went fine, except they had many troubles with the police :D Eric Davidych even took a selfie:
bkinz32ExDw.jpg

And now some pics and video footage from me...

Eric's golden BMW:
IKfkQo2l.jpg

Rest of the participating cars:
GkAVZlll.jpg

Going to the underground car park in the city center of Helsinki:
OJImBoVl.jpg

My Auris hanging out with their cars at their hotel's villa:
vMNWH5Ql.jpg

And the video footage (suggest to watch in youtube for best 1080P quality):

I have posted my Install under Auris Club DashCams and Dashcamtalk Lukas

Yeah allready saw your post, at least here on TOC :)

Once again I have wasted time and effort trying to get answers from Toyota GB. I have serious doubts they employ anybody who knows anything about cars in general and Toyota,s in particular. Last week I saw a bit in the Telegraph telling me the Auris may be subject of a re-call. Checked on line and found it was, but no information as to if it is urgent, safety related, or what its about. I got onto the chat line who confirmed there was a recall but told me to contact the dealer. As it is still under warranty, and on a service plan I inquired why nobody at Toyota had contacted me to be told I would be contacted by the DVLA. So What do Toyota GB actually do? The dealer was going to phone me back in 5 minutes 3 hours ago. As my dealer is along way from home all I want to know is will it wait until the next service and is it safe to drive.

Next as some of you will know I have been trying to get a stone & Bug deflector my bonnet is showing a few chips. These are available from Toyota in Aus for my shape bonnet. I asked Toyota GB if they could tell me where I could get one in UK or what Toyota models share the same bonnet profile in Canada. They confirmed they do not sell these items in uk could not help with what Toyotas have the same bonnet profile in Canada but really value my feed back.

Here is my feedback, find people who like cars and are knowledgeable. Take responsibility for sourcing products customers ask for or find another job. I have bought four consecutive Toyota, s one because of Toyota GB I sourced in Belgium the other three here ,despite Toyota Gb doing there best to force me into a configuration I did not want and stop me fitting accessories I did. I am still annoyed that the tyre choice forced on me achieves such poor fuel consumption and does little for the ride. Low profiles are no good on Welsh roads, two punctures in a year is the proof, at least I have a spare wheel.

This will be my last Toyota, If I cannot get the things I want I will take the advice Toyota GB gave me and buy a different model but it wont be a Toyota. Toyota GB 1 Customer 0 (or is it the other way around).

As you are aware Toyota Owners Club is not affiliated with Toyota in any way - being an unofficial forum for Toyota owners. We don't know whether Toyota GB visit this forum, and there is no way of knowing whether Toyota GB will even see your comments above.