Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introducing My Auris!

Speed_Chaser

At least Kingo will :D Mate you should really try and find out the part number for that deflector which is available in Aus. I think they will be able to order it for you. Same as I did with JDM wind deflectors.

Yeah fun run for sure, it's like gumball but with less hurry and they stick together as a team. Has anyone spotted them in Europe so far?

• 4 weeks later...

I was dreaming for a long time to get Skoda/Volvo style DRL foggies with 4 LEDs in each unit. And finally I found something suitable, actually it was plug&play. Pretty bright output, colour temp is 4350K. The old ones were too blue for my liking and also too dim. These are more white when looking in person and separate light sources can be seen so they're not looking same as in the picture. I decided to grow up and get factory-looking white lights and get more brightness so I ordered them. Finally, at the end of last week they arrived.

B6kavljl.jpg

On the left is the old fog unit with H11 LED DRL bulb in it.

WIYggxsl.jpg

Oh and I waxed the car so had to make a general shot :)

rOb9HM4l.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

No snow but I'm ready. Pics of the current winter look:

cdg1gsc.jpg

6Ga5LV1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here's a video of acceleration with Remus exhaust and custom intake. At the end of the next run police arrived :D

• 6 months later...

Long time since I visited the forum last time. Now some updates:

Full dark optics done. Now have smoked side blinkers installed.

a864ed6s-960.jpg

1264ed6s-960.jpg

de64ed6s-960.jpg

Tried HKS muffler but did not like it because it's louder and not as classy as my Remus. If someone's interested it's for sale now.

4783f36s-960.jpg

7143f36s-960.jpg

Installed darker tints on all front windows, even the windshield. Now they're done with 50% Crystalline instead of 70%. Also have 5% dark stripe on top of my windshield. 50% is really dark compared to 70% as the old one had a blue-ish hue and more of the mirror effect. This one is just dark. But I like it!

e8dd74es-960.jpg

d8dd74es-960.jpg

b8dd74es-960.jpg

4dd74es-960.jpg

Installed a new horn set with compressor. The new kit works together with the old horn. Loud and nice!

d5dd74es-960.jpg

11dd74es-960.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

New year new projects. But first one of my problems. I experinced this with my custom Goodridge brake lines. I sent them original lines to make copies of but obviously the guys messed things up. First time the front line got broked after rubbing against something and Goodridge sent me new set. After installing it and driving for a year or so I lost my front brakes almost totally because the line was worn out again and I did not notice it in time. Almost an accident but was lucky so everything went fine. Now I am having a dispute with Goodridge and they promised to return the money. Let's see what will happen. Probably they made wrong copies, too long or something so the lines were rubbing against something and got worn out. Couple of pics to show you the damage:

c3adb81s-960.jpg

d09db81s-480.jpg

Then the positives. I ordered and installed new blinker relay which deletes fast blinking after installing LEDs, makes automatically more than one blinkings after swiping the blinker joystick or briefly pressing hazard button. Amount is programmable. Also blinking rate/60 seconds can be adjusted. Nice thing! One company in Russia is producing these. 

39fa2a1s-480.jpg

9dfa2a1s-960.jpg

8bfa2a1s-960.jpg

Then... Also from Russia. HPL Crossfire which can be installed in the front blinker session. It will stay in DRL mode (white) and start blinking amber when the blinker will be turned on. Should be super bright aswell. Not sure if it will fit my HID color temperature though so let's see if I will install or just use amber/amber high power LEDs which I am waiting to arrive. 

a5d6ba1s-960.jpg

55b6ba1s-480.jpg

9876ba1s-960.jpg

Also I have two LED light bars. I am planning to install them on the rear shelf and connect to the fog light which I have disabled do to having reverse lights on both sides. I will then be able to turn the bars on with rear fog switch when reversing on really dark driveways. Or to make happy some driver behind me with high beams on. Also not sure if I will install these or not.

82e6ba1s-960.jpg

b9e6ba1s-960.jpg

47e6ba1s-480.jpg

d416ba1s-960.jpg

9216ba1s-480.jpg

296ba1s-480.jpg

Already used two sets of GoodYear Eagle F1 in 225/40/18 but as I am more lowered now with coilovers they were rubbing so I decided to go for 215/40/18. They did not produce them in this size so I decided to change and went for Yokohama Advan Sport V105. Let's see how will they perform. Ordered from the UK BTW (Camskills) :)

5c21ae1s-960.jpg

4621ae1s-960.jpg

I also bought couple of Edding 750 markers in order to paint the texts on the sides of the tyres.

84a1ae1s-480.jpg

Wanted to get something like this (I know these are stickers, but you get the idea. Car is GT86 BTW.

3ea1ae1s-960.jpg

But my result was poor. From far it looked cool but after a closer look... Well, take a look yourself.

c954a11s-960.jpg

2f14a11s-960.jpg

7d94a11s-480.jpg

8594a11s-480.jpg

So I decided to get back to stock and removed the texts.

My driver's side mat started to be in a poor shape so I had to buy a new set. Nice mats I think, fit very well and even have holes for the original hooks on the driver's side.

66cc11s-480.jpg

c86cc11s-480.jpg

d5ccc11s-960.jpg

82cc11s-960.jpg

412cc11s-480.jpg

caacc11s-960.jpg

7acc11s-960.jpg

And the I bought two bottles of Areon fresh vanilla scented car freshener, emptied the bottles and rinsed them, put in some essential oil (should be 100% natural) with a scent of a grapefruit and now enjoying really nice and fresh fruity scent. Everyone seems to notice it and give positive feedback.

eb42c11s-480.jpg

b122c11s-480.jpg

b5c2c11s-960.jpg

ca22c11s-960.jpg

Wunder trees are there just for fun. I ordered them once as a test and actually they were the best scent that Wunder-Baum is offering. Can't get cherry from Finland BTW, don't know why. 

I still have couple of other projects for this year and also will probably update the lights, just need to decide which option I'd like to choose. So probably will post an update in a while, watch this space.

• 1 year later...

To update and close this thread I would like to thank everyone on this community who's been following the progress and helping. My Auris is for sale now as I got a new car recently. Auris was and still is a great car. I made it even better by modifying it. Things it's still lacking is powerful engine, comfort and good interior. It also was leaking from rear end couple of times (rear lights, air vents behind the bumper, then rear door). After taking it apart and drying and sealing for several times I got a new car. Decided there is no sense to invest in this car anymore. Could have just kept driving and maintaining it, but wanted something more stock yet still as nice or even nicer than Auris with all it's modifications. 

Couple of pictures to post. And please feel free to contact me if you're interested to buy some parts as there will probably be a part out.

Most probably at least following parts can be sold separately:

-audio

-rims/nuts

-coilovers

-strut brace/sway bad

-pedal booster

-front optics

-DRL

-tinted side blinkers

-blinker relay (aftermarket, programmable)

-wind deflectors

p1zCe7n.jpg

IWSXieV.jpg

mFRxpvX.jpg

7hqHTDJ.jpg

I'm sad for you're selling the beautiful Auris, but I hope you'll buy a Toyota in order to be in touch again. Good luck!

Hey Tavy!

Thanks for support and advice you've given. Unfortunately, the new car isn't Toyota... Will update about it a bit later :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Auris is sold now after owning it since new for 10 years. Will never forget her!

My new car can be found here.

Packed with original parts waiting for new owner:

20180804_164917(0).jpg

20180804_164930.jpg

20180804_164940.jpg

Some of the last pictures I shot for the ad:

18AAAgPRcOA-960.jpg

PsAAAgPRcOA-960.jpg

tsAAAgPRcOA-960.jpg

t8AAAgPRcOA-960.jpg.f0e5991c8118a9fa0583f5fd2da46643.jpg98AAAgPRcOA-960.jpg.289539fe9463d7f1f9bafca465040d8f.jpgYSAAAgPRcOA-960.jpg.bb100478aa07dede1287dd6fdbc30eed.jpg2065855461_TSAAAgPRcOA-960(1).jpg.b5bdd976a7b165b862bc7538b54e7a56.jpg

• 4 years later...
On 7/13/2014 at 11:39 PM, Speed_Chaser said:

i am going to paint some small bits on my car and need your opinion. I am willing to change the colour of my Toyota badges but unsure which would be the best option. Here are the options:

1. Front and rear badge in car's colour. Rear would be silver on silver, front silver on black because of the badge base which is black.

2. Front and rear in car's colour. Rear would be silver on silver, front silver on silver. I would paint also the front plastic badge holder in silver.

3. Front and rear badge in black. Inside of the rear badge would be taped with black tape in order to make black on black like the front. With taping the inside I mean something like this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/aJ8AAOxyyF5RNC7E/%24T2eC16hHJG8E9nyfp-ZHBRNC7EZL)Q~~60_12.JPG

Black badges are too common. Everyone has them. Black on black would be allright possibly, but maybe just too dark. From a distance it would look like a "hole". Silver on silver would be very stealth. But would it look good? Especially on the front where there is plastic base. It might not look good when painted silver. Also painting the rear no matter if it's going to be black or silver may not look good as I still have the chrome strip under my number plate.

Opinions are very welcome. Here is how the car looks now:

http://i.imgur.com/IEpwdodl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q8eYKwnl.jpg

Are those two reverse lights??

• 2 weeks later...

@Speed_Chaser I do not recommend replacing brake lines with non OEM original Toyota. It is safety issues. We can change to professional racing stainless steel lines from known brands but yet only for circuit use, not long term reliability.

Thaks for sharing the LED fog light, are those habe E circular marking? Fo instance E1 or E11, etc?   

On 12/23/2022 at 10:16 AM, elcobretti2 said:

Are those two reverse lights??

Speed_Chaser last visited the club in December 2020, so you may not get a response.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2023 at 1:23 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Speed_Chaser last visited the club in December 2020, so you may not get a response.

Yea I know