Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Introducing My Auris!

Speed_Chaser

I bought it from Finland, but it can be obtained from other dealers aswell. The first international I found is CustomMotion.ie

If you want to find it in some other place, you can search for it yourself, it's called TRD clip-on Badge. I modified mine by sawing the text off and leaving only the logo.

Good luck, hope this helps! :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Bought a set of MTEC Cosmos Blue bulbs for my low beams. Allready had same bulbs in my high beams and decided to order second set after my HID ballast went broken.

Here's what I got. Left one is new one, it's much much more halogen-like compared to the right one. :blink:

2lvk3dc.jpg

And here's a pic of my TC button, can also see my pedal pads in the same pic.

wgs1tg.jpg

• 7 months later...

Decided to add one more shot of the customized TRD Badge

p1050742a.jpg

Found some more pics to post.

p10509242.jpg

p1050965.jpg

p10509882.jpg

p1050993s.jpg

p1050974o.jpg

p10509992.jpg

No devil horns installed on these pics yet. I also have removed the mesh from my front plate so you won't be able to see it. I got bored even though it looked cool. I used it only for looks, but originally drivers started using it to prevent identifying their plate on the pictures taken by speed cameras. It doesn't make plate unreadable, but many are still using it for looks. The procedure is very simple. Just take some metal mesh for front grill and cut to size. Then put it on top of your number plate and attach using screws or put it inside the plate frame together with your number plate.

alu_mesh_black.jpg

I like how the car looks with two reverse lamps, but where is the fog lamp now ?

It's gone because I decided to sacrifice it to achieve the looks. If I was a bit more practical, it would've been possible to save my foglight by doing small compromise ie. by putting red bulb on the other side.

Now when I think about it, maybe I should do so next summer. It wouldn't matter that much as my reverse lights are mostly off so no-one wouldn't notice anything as both sides have white glass. Okay I don't really find rear foglight useful, but probably it would be good to have one just in case :)

If you still want to have fog light lamp (at the left side of the car) you can use this diagram that turns the left brake lamp only in fog lamp when is switched on.

brakefog.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting, and what's most important, easy enough even for me! Thanks for the great tip :yahoo: Will definitely bring my foglight back now. Only need to wait for the summer to come :)

• 4 months later...

Yay, I'm popular! Okay not really happy because some company is selling MTEC 4750K bulbs and using my picture. The funny thing is that on that pic I have my 6000K HIDs on :D See the link:

http://www.blingligh...mps-Lights.html

They even have put their watermarks on some of my pics :(

4d5ecff10650883546b4456.jpg

How did you change the position of the rear wiper did you move the motor internally? does it still perform a full wipe now

It's quite easy. Remove the wiper arm from the outside and plastic trim from inside the hatch. Then unmount the wiper motor and reverse it. Your wiper will then wipe the same area and remain fully functional, just go to opposite direction. Nice and cheap mod!

Please see this link, it's in japanese, but I'm sure you'll get it with help of google translate and pics!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/215608/car/419864/929668/note.aspx

It's quite easy. Remove the wiper arm from the outside and plastic trim from inside the hatch. Then unmount the wiper motor and reverse it. Your wiper will then wipe the same area and remain fully functional, just go to opposite direction. Nice and cheap mod!

Please see this link, it's in japanese, but I'm sure you'll get it with help of google translate and pics!

http://translate.goo...29668/note.aspx

excellent thank you a job for tomorrow, did you get the 26smd led sideligths from eBay they look very well think they will be my next mod

No mate, bought them locally. The problem is that they are pain to fit as it's a tight squeeze through the hole and they don't fit into the bulb holder too well. Had to put some tape to secure them, otherwise they used to fall inside the lamp while fitting. Base was obviously too small and even I ordered another pair of them, problem still presisted.

T10_194_LED_light.jpg

Replaced them with these some time ago, just haven't had time to update the thread for a while. Just search for "T10 1.5W with lens" and you'll find them. Same light output, look much cleaner as they're small and have lens. Also easy to fit as they fit through the hole easily and aren't falling from the bulb holder.

Yay, I'm popular! Okay not really happy because some company is selling MTEC 4750K bulbs and using my picture. The funny thing is that on that pic I have my 6000K HIDs on :D See the link:

Word to the wise - if you don't watermark your photos yourself, only upload in low resolution. Keep full res 'on request' or payment. Best way to stop people stealing your stuff.

Love your wheels by the way.

By the way, my SR is supposed to have darkened headlamps as standard. I would be interested to know if you are able to see that from my photo library?

Word to the wise - if you don't watermark your photos yourself, only upload in low resolution. Keep full res as 'on request' (or on payment). Best way to stop people stealing your stuff.

Love your wheels by the way.

By the way, my SR is supposed to have darkened headlamps as standard. I would be interested to know if you are able to see that from my photo library?

Ok, thanks for advice :) At the end of the day, it's not such a big deal. Not nice of course, but this guy promised to remove the pics asap!

Thanks for the compliment. I do like them too as the pattern is nice and they've got lip, but not too much. Also brake discs don't look as tiny as they would with "normal" 18" wheels. What I don't like is that the rear wheels are more inside the wheel arches compared to front ones. Should've had chosen different ET to the back. Other thing is that they're pain to wash. Just went through that procedure yesterday and oh well, happy that I won't have to do it any time soon now :D

I can even see from your avatar that you've got black headlights. After looking at your gallery I am 100% sure. The distractive thing is that you've got chrome surroundings. That brings some contrast and the lights don't look as dark as they could. BTW I like your rear spoiler with integrated 3rd brake light. This is a common thing in Japan, even on pre-facelift models!

Send them an invoice for the photo! Copyright regarding photos is worldwide!

I'm not that evil (this time) :) The guy was pollite and hey, who of us haven't ever used someone else's copyright material?

However I think that this is not a nice way of doing business, because the company is cheating clients by uploading pics with false products on them, so people don't really see what they're buying!

they should compensate you with a free bulb set :)

• 4 months later...

hello speedchaser,

yesterday i read your whole thread.

very nice your auris.

especially i like your xenon fog lamps.

i am interested to have the same xenon lamps like i have in the main lamps.

so when i turned both on, i can see more.and when it is not in the night, i can drive only with the xenon fog lamps.

now i am driving with standing light and the normal original fog lamps in the city.

so i was thinking about the system you bought.

where i can order it?

can i change the xenon colour into the same like the original xenon lamps of the auris (i think they have 4150kelvin)?

is the installation difficult?

is this system legal in your country?

thx

regards

kay

Hi Kay!

Thanks for the compliment :) However I am not using xenon lights anymore, I changed them for LEDs. I didn't find the HIDs too useful as they are pretty bright but do not light up the road too well, so I decided to sell them. LEDs are good if you want to be seen during the day and make your car look good. But if you want to use HIDs, it's possible.

You can order a HID set from almost every tuning shop. I bought mine from a local internet store and my HIDs are produced by Cobra. They worked very good until one of my ballasts broke down a year ago, so I had to replace it. I ordered replacement ballasts from Car Mod Shop UK. Very happy with the purchase and the price was cheap.

You can change the colour temperature by ordering correct bulbs with the colour you want. Ballasts do not affect the colour.

Installation is pretty easy, just tie the ballasts with zip ties to the plastic bottom panel near the foglights and connect the cables like adviced in the installation manual.

The system is not legal in my country and there's many other countries which are controlling illegal use of HIDs.

Good luck with your project! :)

-Alex

hi speed chaser.

I am wondering that how to change the fog light.

I have no idea how to change them.

After reading this you'll know :) Just scroll a bit down, it's in that first post!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links