Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Introducing My Auris!

Speed_Chaser

Tell me more about the KENWOOD DNX5220 , is it compatiable with the steering wheel remote controls or you had to do a little bit of connfiguration ?

No problems with the controls, all of the buttons work without any modifications.

where did you get the trd-pedals from?

ist there also a product for a non-automatic auris?

because i am looking for pedals to combine it with these floor mats (my old ones are getting holes, and the original ones cost at least 60€, so is the difference to 150 not that big). but without pedals it is not looking really great.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/TOYOTA-AURIS-Alu-Fussmatten-5-Tlg-DM-Elox-/150391856492

what kind of bulbs did you use for the:

- foglight

- low beam headlamps

- high beam headlamps

- parking lights

PS: nice copy of my trunk light :-)

did you have the same lamp on the left side?

how did you manage the colour orange/amber? is it LED?

best regards

northernlite alias kay

Hi Northi, long time no messages from you!

I got the pedall pads off eBay here. There are different models available but the ones with round throttle and brake pad are best because of the hole positions and they are not as wide as the rest, so they will fit no problem and will be easier for you to drive.

Nice mats but I have some doubts... Are they metal or some fake material? Because metal can be slippery especially when wet. And they look like water will be going everywhere off them as they are very even so it won't stay on the mat. I would suggest to just "fix" the holes with these:

$(KGrHqRHJBoFBWDtmbwfBRtbeuTE(w~~60_12.J

What do you mean by bulbs, do you want to know the base type like H11 etc. or how many LEDs they have and how they look etc?

Yeah I managed to copy you, thanks for the idea one more time. I had same lamp on the left just like you and then ordered one more for the right. I just received some amber LEDs for them, in the pics I've got original bulbs and they don't look amber to me. Where do you see orange/amber?

Kind regards,

Alex

hey alex,

on you example-picture of your trunk lamp it is looking quite orange. thats why i asked

for the bulbs:

i wanted to know which kind of product you put in. the company and the product name and maybe also the colour temperature if you know.

cause, when you remember, i tried to make the front light on my auris looking similar.

the pedals:

i can only buy the not round ones because i have a non automatic auris.but thanks for the advice.

mats:

with you doubts you have right, i have the same too, but now my original mats are getting holes, so i have something to do. and the original ones cost 50-60€. i didnt buy the alu mats till today cause i am missing a little bit of money and alu pedals. now i have one :-)

No no, it's the stock bulb on the pics I posted.

The bulbs should match pretty well as long as you'll use same supplier. And now I'm talking about LEDs only, which means you should buy fog LEDs and parkers from one shop. I know nothing about mine as they come in mini grip bags without any badges. But they are of a very high quality and have similiar colour. Just find some shop selling all sorts of bulbs and choose the ones you need. That's what I did but the shop is finnish and does post only to Finland.

You will get best HID and LED match by buying some LEDs for parking lights and fog lights. HIDs that will match LEDs are 6000K and for high beams to match you should install MTEC Cosmos Blue bulbs.

If you don't have automatic the pedal pad size might be different. You should ask the dimensions from the seller and see if they will fit allright or not. It is possible that the non round ones will fit perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Speed Chaser!

Just wondering how you would install a system (1x Amp, 1x Sub and maybe 6x9's) into the stock stereo/satnav unit. I have been informed i will need a high-low converter as the stock unit comes with an amp built in but can't work out what to connect where etc.

Here is a link to some pictures of the unit - http://www.varaosahaku.fi/?link=item&post_id=29874556

Thanks dude!

Chris

Hi Chris!

Hmm, interesting link to a website from Finland. Unfortunately I cannot really help you as my setup is hooked to an aftermarket unit. However I've been following the thread you created regarding this issue and advice you for from Aidsy seems pretty smart, can't see why it wouldn't work. I have heard from other sources that you will need some sort of adapter.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Many parts have been changed from stock to aftermarket. Just came to my mind while cleaning up all shelfs before winter, would it be wise to sell all of the original bits? Got one rear lamp, muffler, radio player, Speakers, springs, air filter box... And probably something else I forgot to mention! So is there anyone who could be potentially interested in such parts? On the other hand I would like to know if someone would be interested to buy the aftermarket parts second hand. This means I'd need to install the universal ones back when selling the car and sell the extras afterwards. Got Remus muffler, DNX-5220 2din player, DLS/Pioneer Speakers and amp, H&R springs etc.

That was fast, took only 4 minutes :D I am not thinking about selling the car yet, too much effort and money has been put into it and nothing good seems to be out on the market. The only option which seems more or less nice is A-Mercedez, but oh well :) In the end I just wanted to know if it's wise to sell the original parts or is there more potential buyers for the aftermarket bits.

From the experience of my last 2 cars, it's better to return the car to a near standard state when selling. You can then sell the aftermarket parts to those looking for them separately. Most potential buyers want standard spec cars anyway - both for insurance reasons & piece of mind. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I pretty much signed up just to congratulate you on a lovely car and more importantly a great forum thread. I just read the whole thing start to finish and it was useful, interesting and impressive in equal measures.

Reading that you were thinking of changing car, to a Mercedes of all things, was almost like the shocking twist ending to a movie. You should consider a new shape Auris! You'll feel at home in there, looking over your parade of pictures there are many many things carried over. But I think it's developed a slightly sportier shape? Maybe I'm just suggesting it because I've got one and I want you to start a new adventure in modifying it (so I can get some good advice and steal all your ideas). Nahhhh, it can't be that I'm not that selfish......

:laughing:

Thanks, it's great to hear that my work has encouraged someone that much :)

I don't think that I will be really going anywhere for a couple more years at least, especially to the expensive Mercedes field. Their A-model just caught my attention as it's so similiar to Auris, which you wouldn't expect from Mercedes really. And the similiarity is probably the reason why it pleased me, but also because I would expect better quality from it. Auris is good but still missing many things, especially the interior is very plastic and I doubt if this has changed in the new model too much.

New Auris looks nice too there's nothing wrong with it. I believe they will release even newer model before I will be changing my car, but if you want to try and do something about it, maybe you should start your own thread and encourage me to start similiar build by showing potential of your model ;)

Cheers,

Alex

Well I won't be doing anything very extreme (I'm an 'old man' with a wife and all that...). It was more like the lamps and such, maybe some more lighting in the interior - the boot and perhaps the footwells... maybe under the doors... some nice accents here and there... I also quite fancy getting my hands on the fancy gps module and installing that...

Basically trying to push my model to be more like the top spec trim without paying Toyota's price ;)

Of course if I ever get off my bottom and do it, I'll post about it. Heh.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

I have finally read though your thread, it is very informative and a pleasure to read. Thank you very much for taking the time to share you tips and knowledge on the development of your car.

I sent you a PM a while back on identifying the part number for the MMT ECU. I had it replaced on Monday, a total transformation in the way the car drives using E & Es modes.

David

ps: I am going to upgrade front side lights to the LED versions you recommended.

Alex, "you considering an A Class"

My wife has a A190 avantgarde semi-auto which she bought new in 1999. Its has been driven 108k miles. A very good car to own ,she is very pleased with it. I love driving it.

David

Hi David!

Thanks for your kind words, it's my pleasure if my thread has been helpful for you. Also great that the ECU swap helped you, those versions are like night and day indeed.

What you're talking about now is pre-2000 car. Even though it's the same model it is still very different compared to the new 2013 model. I also believe that time has changed many things in quality. Got the impression that most cars become worn out faster than before and they are not as reliable and don't have same build quality as the previous ones. Yaris which I drove before this 2007 Auris was great, just like you described when talking about your wife's Merc, but Auris felt worse, not as smooth and many things went wrong right from the start. I also had 2013 Yaris as a service replacement in the summertime for couple of days and it felt very different compared to the old one. Many new gadgets and options but the overall quality had suffered. Felt and looked so plastic and cheap... :/

nbno.jpg

idkh.jpg

9hkb.jpg

mo8x.jpg

mmt Update, posted in Multimode System Is Rubbish

Thursday morning started car, but the gear lever would not engage in any gear. Phoned the dealer who fitted the unit and they sent around the tech who fitted the unit and a tech who is conversant with the electronics side of things, complete with laptop.

Techs reset the mmt ECU and performed a number of tests. All appeared ok, drove around the block, came back switched of the car and restarted all ok.

:eek: Friday morning same thing as Thursday gear lever would not engage in any gear. Phoned dealer again they suggested that i get it to them to have a another look at the problem.

Used the procedure in the manual to unlock the gear lever using a flat blade screwdriver. Able to use the car, however warning lights are on.

Will be going to dealer first thing Monday morning.

David

Sorry to hear that David, however this has probably nothing to do with the ECU. It can be issue which has been described on the forum several times, gears refuse to engage due to worn parts.

Please post back as soon as you'll know more, hope you'll get this solved ASAP. I am following the MMT thread aswell...

• Like 1

Alex,

Thank you for your reply, it is appreciated.

This amazing car has fixed itself overnight, see my post in the MMT thread.

David

ps: where did you buy the shorten gear lever?

That's great news, maybe it got afraid of the mechanics. Let's see for how long it will stay in operable condition :D

I did not buy it, just used the hacksaw. But you will need some aftermarket shift knob in order to do this as you will not be able to screw the original one anymore, you will saw that part off onto which you'd screw it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes when driving around it's possible to see many interesting and new things which you don't even expect to see when starting the trip. For example:

Most beatiful and amazing places accompanied by nice sunny weather...

0zrf.jpg

...And dark clouds telling that somewhere else the weather isn't that nice

vhhk.jpg

9o0o.jpg

1x2h.jpg

It is also interesting to take couple of car shots just for fun...

uad3.jpg

p86v.jpg

...Or to show how some new additions look, for example footwell and door compartment lights or wind deflectors :)

3j6k.jpg

encx.jpg

hksh.jpg

Here you can see better my wind deflectors. Also added couple of stickers which I got from another forum. Friendly admin sent them to me as thanks for participating in a photo challenge. Silver instead of gold would've been better, but these are allright for now :)

kwwr.jpg

w856.jpg

7m8e.jpg

gdpp.jpg

tszc.jpg

lwk9.jpg

t3wx.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links