Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird Wet Boot !

Jimlad

Ok.. just got something from my boot and noticed the carpet was soggy. Pulled it up and so was the under foam and the wood in places.

Haven't a clue where or how the water has got in there. This is the first time I have noticed it. Does anyone have any ideas ?? It was rainy outside so I didn't stay out there long.

mmm... just had a look about..

opened the boot and the bottom side of the lid was a bit wet. Obviously water is getting in there somewhere. Probably from me trying to get the spoiler off.

Oh well.... I'll get the bodyshop to have a look at it when the car goes in. After that I'll order new wood/foam etc for the bottom of the boot.

apparently the bottom of the boot in mr2s isnt sealed well.you might be expecting water to be leaking around the boot lid but actually the waters coming from underneath from the wet roads and from tyre spray! well thats what ive heard anyway,seen two mr2s which had that problem :blink:

I had a leaky boot not so long ago. I finally discovered that the water was comming in from the holes where the spoiler is attached. In the end I removed the spoiler and resealed everything including the holes with Silicon. Worked a treat.

might as well wait until it goes into the bodyshop then. They'll be taking it off anyway... so I'll tell them to sort it.

It's not coming from underneath as the foam etc is wet, but the wood is only wet in one bit on the top where the water's been dripping onto alot.

Wish it was daylight so I could have a proper looksie !

It's not coming from underneath as the foam etc is wet, but the wood is only wet in one bit on the top where the water's been dripping onto alot.

hmmm so the crafty dealer was lying to me..... lies all lies!

erm anyway good luck with sortin it out!

Part of the mr2 is made out of wood!?

behind the carpet there are little wood bits - kinda like shelves for the carpet to sit on ..

picked up my new wood and foam today... just need to get the leaking sorted.. It looks like condensation on the inside of the boot lid... will see what the bodyshop says.

Toyota said... erm.. we would need to take a hose and run it over the bootlid for an hour or so to see where it was coming in....... erm.... no !

I'm seriously thinking about slamming the motor in the bodyshop early :)

I would have thought drying out the wood would have been sifficient - unless it's heavily warped..... Rather than slam it in the bodyshop early, why not just put some silicone around the bolts that screw on the spoiler. It shouldn't be too difficult for the bodyshop to remove this, as long as you don't go mad!