Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Toyota Rav4 1995

mrminimad

hi again, more questions to throw at you all about my much loved mk1 rav4. unlike the classic minis which i am used to working on, (no boos please!) the rav has seperate oil for its engine, diff and gearbox. how is the level measured in the manual gearbox?, is there a drain plug?, what viscocity(grade) of oil should she have?. next to the transfer box. same questions, level, access and oil type. and lastly the rear diff, level, access and oil type. im also getting occational propshaft slap when releasing the clutch quickly, im guessing the rubber bush and bearing that supports the prop needs replacing, is this an easy job?. many thanks to you all.

hi again, more questions to throw at you all about my much loved mk1 rav4. unlike the classic minis which i am used to working on, (no boos please!) the rav has seperate oil for its engine, diff and gearbox. how is the level measured in the manual gearbox?, is there a drain plug?, what viscocity(grade) of oil should she have?. next to the transfer box. same questions, level, access and oil type. and lastly the rear diff, level, access and oil type. im also getting occational propshaft slap when releasing the clutch quickly, im guessing the rubber bush and bearing that supports the prop needs replacing, is this an easy job?. many thanks to you all.

CRUMBS - i DON'T HAVE MY MANUAL TO HAND.

Search this forum cos I'm sure anchorman has posted this stuff up before.

propshaft slap - 2 things - it could be the centre bearing which Parts-King will sell you for a handsome cost albeit cheaper than the dealer...or it could be the rear diff mount. What symptoms are you getting? If its release of the clutch quickly, I'd guess its the rear diff mount. Simple job

propshaft slap - 2 things - it could be the centre bearing which Parts-King will sell you for a handsome cost albeit cheaper than the dealer...or it could be the rear diff mount. What symptoms are you getting? If its release of the clutch quickly, I'd guess its the rear diff mount. Simple job

think your right, there is alittle play in the bush,mount arrangement above the diff, does it just unbolt, and with some GENTLE PERSUATION, pop off?.

think your right, there is alittle play in the bush,mount arrangement above the diff, does it just unbolt, and with some GENTLE PERSUATION, pop off?.

If its that bad, it'll probably drop out!! I think they come out fairly easily. Take some photos if you get the chance.