Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recommendations For Tyres - Gen7 140

strangename

I'm coming up for a tyre refresh on my celica. I've standard Toyota wheels 205 50 R16.

I do about 10k miles a year - general driving, nothing special. Currently has Yokohamas A-680 fitted which are OK but I notice some front wheel spin when pulling off sharp (but that may just be me!) and I'm not 100% sure about cornering grip in the wet. Neither are a showstopper to me buying the same.

What tyres do you recommend that represent sensible buys? ie a trade off between price and performance (including grip, longevity etc).

im currently running on avon zv5 tyres, grip and handling is fine no probs to report, cost me 60 quid a tyre after a bit of haggling for discount

Toyo Proxy T1-R. The life isn't so good (15k miles, perhaps), but the grip is superb. My old 140 had them on, very good performance in the wet (unless your being silly - even then they do a good job of getting grip back), and they just wouldn't let go in the dry! You should be able to find them for around £80 a corner...

I'm on FALKENS and not had a problem with them yet. A good budget tyre I'd say.

Toyo T1R for premium budget.... the compound is soft so they dont last very long.. but superb grip.

Dunlop Sp9000 for premium.

I'm on Toyo Proxes T1-R's and find them good.

Not sure if i'll replace them with the same tho, as I'm contemplating the Falken FK452's. They are about £10 a tyre cheaper than T1-Rs on Camskill.

For those who have these Falkens, how do you find them, particularly with regards to wear?

On my toyo's i've done about 11,000 miles, and have about 3mm left on fronts, 6mm on backs

I'm on Toyo Proxes T1-R's and find them good.

Not sure if i'll replace them with the same tho, as I'm contemplating the Falken FK452's. They are about £10 a tyre cheaper than T1-Rs on Camskill.

For those who have these Falkens, how do you find them, particularly with regards to wear?

On my toyo's i've done about 11,000 miles, and have about 3mm left on fronts, 6mm on backs

Falkens are great - Toyota fit and recommend them for Celicas and many garages recommend them too - Just got 4 new ones on my new wheels.

Wear wise - it's down to how you drive and what you drive on really - my local roads are bumpy and country type roads so maybe will not get as many miles from a set as I would zooming up and down a motorway all week.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links