Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Few Q's

supafly

Is it true that if you push in the volume button on the yaris panel thingy, you get an extra 2.5BHP to play with? Or is someone bullsh*tting? <_<

Also, im thinking of getting these light brows.

http://dcp-shop.co.uk/catalog/product_info...roducts_id=3055

What do you think? Does anyone know how if they are easy or difficult to fit? Or even how to fit em?

B)

Well I dont like those things on the headlights, but I very much doubt that the Radio has anything to do with a power increase.

The only thing that may happen is if Toyota hadnt engineered it properley so that when you press the volume button the alternator increases engine revs or something like that - but we are dealing with Toyota here so I doubt they would have made such an error.

a myth?? It works fine on mine. I find it very usefull when overtaking, as you get that extra oomph....although abviously, it does drink a little more juice so don't drive around with it depressed all the time, as your likely to burn out the injectors over time. It's only designed for short usage.

As for the brows...they usualy just stick on...nothing glamorous. also for £33 ... and from the look of them...I think I'd be inclined to get my own made. First they'll be unique,secondly, they will look better and finally, will be better value too.

Vipes.

Is it true that if you push in the volume button on the yaris panel thingy, you get an extra 2.5BHP to play with?

:lol::lol::lol::wacko::lol::lol::lol:

Pav :thumbsup:

Induction ALLEGALLY gives UPTO 5 bhp.

About the extra from the radio :blink: :D If i knew that would happen, it would be pressed all the time.

It would be like having a nos button - but with out the nos :lol:

Imagine F & F, your in a race, you are nose to nose and the finish line is coming up, what you do next depends on whether you win or lose, your racing for pink slips, your heart pounds...... you push the volumn button.........

to be continued

I find that if i drive with my hand permantly on the gearshift, then i get an extra 12BHP!!!!!

Have you tried running around the car clockwise 3 times before driving, that should stiffen the springs too

:lol:

On a serious note, for induction, i doubt you would see a 5BHP increase on a rolling road just for an induction kit. It will however, improve responsiveness of the engine, and coupled to a performance exhaust, should give you improvements in 'driveability'. (e.g. removing flat spots, improving engine rev acceleration etc..)

I thought you had to use the door lock button too as Toyota have engineered it so that the extra power boost is only available with the doors secured. :unsure:

I know that you wont get the 5bhp that is why i said ALLEGALLY and UPTO :P

As for driving round clockwise, you forgot to say to drive forward 1 yard and heavy brake, then reverse 1 yard and heavy brake. That will deffo stiffen the springs..... :D :rolleyes:

i recently had to put my supercharged IS200 into the body shop for some warrenty work, and they lent me a Yaris TSport, now obviously this aint got nothing on my Lex, bt i did find that with the radio on, arial fully retracted and the wing mirrors folded in, the effect was comparable to the 0-40 mph range of a supercharged Lexus, and what was even better was that by adjusting the volume knob it would act like an adjuctable turbo pressure thingy..

ive found that holding the top of the steering wheel and perching of the seat while its wound right back and wearing a fake blueberry cap (backwards!!) and sayin PHAT!

makes my imaginary turbo boost at 500psi at 1500rpm!

:thumbsup:

Dont forget that while wearing your burburry, hanging out of the window and shouting "pssssssssssst" while changing gear doesnt just add 'coolness' but also a dump valve that can add at least a 10% increase in power...

i am sat at my desk with tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard.

everyones comments are top notch.... this is great for light hearted fun while at work....admittidly all my colleagues think i mad when i burst out laughing for no reason.

Keep the topic going. will be good to pass the day :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

on another note, max power stickers increase power by 250bhp just by putting them in the window, fast ford increas by 5, redline by 100 and so on.

:)

Mat

on another note, max power stickers increase power by 250bhp just by putting them in the window, fast ford increas by 5, redline by 100 and so on.

Yeah, and having a male friend bearing his naked backside out of your passenger window is equivalent to fitting a full Veilside bodykit, rage paint, and 20" alloys....

And lets not forget, NEON WASHER JETS increase your rev capability to 12,000RPM!!!!!

ive just fitted my new alloy spoiler and now i can go round corners faster than a jet fighter.

hold on ill be back in a bit ive just got to go and impress some 15 year olds outside maccy d's with some badly distorted gangsta rap

:)

Mat

dont know how you can post such utter rubbish, the max power increase is only a myth that max power have hyped up to sell more products, it is by far an exageration and has been proven only to produce a maximum of 125bhp, fast ford however is vastly understated figures show that an increase of 55bhp is a reasonable expectation, but with an accumilation of both stickers the gains are indirectly propotional and will incur a loss of all fm stations and disable the use of dolby, but with bhp gains of 175bhp so it may be to your liking :drool:

so if i plaster fast and furious stickers all over the car will i be looking to pan Top Fuel dragsters in a straight line?

Don't forget, fitting alloy pedals will allow you to shift gears 0.3 seconds faster, which can result in you cutting nearly 1 second from your 0-60 time.

Of couse, this effect is negated by wearing oversized trainers covered in Luminous colours..

Don't forget, fitting alloy pedals will allow you to shift gears 0.3 seconds faster, which can result in you cutting nearly 1 second from your 0-60 time.

Of couse, this effect is negated by wearing oversized trainers covered in Luminous colours..

damn! its ok i can sacrifice a second in the sake of being at the cutting edge of style.

anyone got a spare bean tin?

no no no.. you all got it wrong.. adding stickers to the car will actually slow you down due to the co-effiecent of friction from the air, thus creating drag on the edges of the stickers when applied to the said vehicle..

HOWEVER there is light at the end of the carpark,, by adding a decent audio system worth more than the car itself and massive Speakers bigger than the boot, you can actually use the air pressure created from rear facing subs to effectively push your car forward, thus the postee at the beginning of this thread was partiall right,, by turning the radio on and increasing or decreasing the volume you can adjust the amount of boost...