Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mobile Phone For Me.

Calisto

Yeah I kinda fell for it's stylishness plus I have never had a touch screen phone before........ will deffo be getting insurance on this phone but with my student insurance.... loads cheaper. :P

beeing a doom-monger ...... Always worth getting a screen protector on a touch screen phone or a PDA - saves all those scratches from being shoved into pockets and dropped into handbags (the screens are a lot softer then non-touch screens).

Keeps that sexy phone staying sexy looking :thumbsup:

I think teddy has one, and I had one for half a day but really didnt like it, not my cup of tea! my fingers are too big, cant text quick on it and need to look where pressing rather then texting while doing other things

get on fine with mine, on T-mobile, and the camera is brilliant.(4Gb memory card fitted.)

Wow................nice one Ash........................and you can talk to people with it too? ;)

Wow................nice one Ash........................and you can talk to people with it too? ;)

So I have heard......don't think I will talk to peeps on it when I get mine :P

Samsung are one of the better and most reliable phone manufacturers out there and that means out-performing Nokia and Motorola.

I have the Tocco and it's been great in the 2 months I have had it.

I have left the screen protector on it until it falls off sometime and you can get overlays for the screen to keep it scratch free.

The Omnia which is Samsungs latest Top of the range model is dubbed the iPhone killer and will probably be the top seller this Xmas along with Nokia's N96.

And don't be over-impressed with a 5MP camera - I have found it rubbish when using with the flash. Pics are OK but in the end it's a PHONE and the lens is too small for anything like I am used to...!

Call dropping can be a network thing and no one I know with one of these has had those issues.

And don't be over-impressed with a 5MP camera - I have found it rubbish when using with the flash. Pics are OK but in the end it's a PHONE and the lens is too small for anything like I am used to...!

Call dropping can be a network thing and no one I know with one of these has had those issues.

I find the camera fine for what I want. If I want to take really good pic, I get out the other gear but don't have a digital body for that camera.

Must admit that the memory card has music and is used for data storage. As you say at the end of the day it is a phone.

Samsung are one of the better and most reliable phone manufacturers out there and that means out-performing Nokia and Motorola.

I have the Tocco and it's been great in the 2 months I have had it.

I have left the screen protector on it until it falls off sometime and you can get overlays for the screen to keep it scratch free.

The Omnia which is Samsungs latest Top of the range model is dubbed the iPhone killer and will probably be the top seller this Xmas along with Nokia's N96.

I thought the Innov8 was the latest top-of-the-range model?

That's the one I'm looking at as its apparently much better than the N96.... but due to the iPhone O2 aren't selling it, you can only get it through the Carphone Warehouse as they don't want it to dent iPhone sales....

I wonder if O2 are selling the Omnia if it's a direct competitor?

Correct Hou, I do indeed own one of these new fangled Tocco thingy-mi-jiggies. The screen protector supplied is pretty good and the screen doesn't scratch as easily as expected. I have to disagree with Gordy a bit though, the 5megapixel camera is really good in the daytime, it's not good when you view it on the phone, much better when downloaded to a PC.

I find that with some callers I have to change the volume to suit but that is the only "fault" I can find. The texting takes a little while to get used to because you can't "feel" your way around a keyboard.

Definatley a good purchase though! :thumbsup:

I have had a play with these phones.....I wanted to feel my way around the phone and compare texting with push buttons to touch screen.

Very easy to pick up of you have never used a touch screen phone before..... I cant wait to get mine.

Omnia is the TOR from Samsung right now.

O2 don't currently supply it but if you have a contract one you can just chuck an O2 chip in it as most contract phones are unlocked thesedays.

I heard a rumour that Vodafone will be supplying the iPhone soon - Pointless really as it's gonna be superceded very soon so probably just a way for Apple to clear their stocks of them before the re-launch next year. and the iPhone is limited vastly compared to other phones so hope they improve it a LOTTTTT!

Each to their own with the camera but when you use Pro cameras these little things are just a waste of time in terms of quality. :P

Each to their own with the camera but when you use Pro cameras these little things are just a waste of time in terms of quality. :P

Couldn't agree more, a 5megapixel purpose built camera will be much better than the phone, but just to have in your pocket for "opportune" moments it's more than capable. :D

Couldn't agree more, a 5megapixel purpose built camera will be much better than the phone, but just to have in your pocket for "opportune" moments it's more than capable. :D

;) That's correct but I just think people look like such spanners point and shooting everything and anything with a tiny phone... :lol:

;) That's correct but I just think people look like such spanners point and shooting everything and anything with a tiny phone... :lol:

Haha, they do indeed. You look at the photos some people take and 9 times out of 10 it's a blury shot of their drunk friend in a dark club. :thumbsup:

I'm going to get the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 next month. The screen on them is amazing. It comes with aGPS for sat nav too, and a slide out keyboard too. It only has a 3.2 mpx camera but as has already been mentioned, if I go somewhere that I expect to be taking pictures then I'll take my DSLR. This would only be used for the occasional impromptu snap.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links