Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member | New Car

Ken_H

Hey Guys,

Just new to the site and just got hold of a Paseo Si at the weekend there.

The rear shocks are gone in her. What suspension kits would you guys recommend?

Best price I've seen so far is just under £80 for spax springs, but do no companies do shocks and springs together?!

Ken :)

Hey, and welcome to the TOC. We're getting a fair share of 2G Paseos here now.

Check with Intrax, they make some really nice systems. Also check my website for some pretty usefull links.

Hah! Beat J and Si this time!!

hey, welcome to the club.

a majority of the coilover or full suspension kits are from the states.

a few companies offer springs here in UK, but i dont know of any hat offer uprated shocks too. if you find let me know, might blow a bit more money on the car i now seldom use :)

showoff :P :P :lol:

Si would probably know about this better than me as my 1st gen has different shocks

you'll probably only get both in a package from the states - take a look at Koni/KYB etc

otherwise Spax do a kit for the 2nd get - even cheeper if you go gold :lol::thumbsup:

J

Hello mate, you made it over then! :thumbsup: (I recruited Ken from Pimp! :D :P )

The rear shocks went on mine also (think it's a common problem on Seo's) but I had them replaced with normal one's & the Spax kit I spoke of on Pimp.

Get some pics up of your car & don't forget to add your location to your profile. :)

Welcome to the site mate :thumbsup:

Seems like a Paseo revolution goin on here :lol:

As for the shocks, I know KYB are available over here, checked through work but if I remember right they were to order and would take a couple of weeks delivery. <_<

Lets have some pics posted :)

You can look for shocks to Starlet. Maybe it would be easier. It' s the same in this 2 models. I'm sure of this because even TTE Height adjustable Suspension Kit is the same to both cars... :thumbsup:

I've made regeneration of my shocks + made them more harder (sory if i use wrong word) about 20%. A lot of my mates did this in Corolla when fitted lowering springs, and it's brilliant comparision. Probably it's imposible in UK :unsure: .

Bilstein shocks are very good, B6 to original springs, B8 (regulated hardnes) to lowering springs, cheaper than KONI, but not worse. :yes:

I think people are getting the hint about PIMP & transfering to a much better comunity IMO

Hey Daz - how much were the shocks?

J

I think people are getting the hint about PIMP & transfering to a much better comunity IMO

Especially when I go on there for the first time in four weeks & steal there members away! :lol: :P

Alright Guys,

Ive just been offered a set of 2nd hand Koni adjustables.

They are off a Starlet Turbo (E91 I think) and only the rear shocks have ever been put in.

Will these fit the paseo OK?

And then considerin a set of HR springs for them aswell!

The guy is lookin £200 for the Koni's and they are about £380 new of fensport !

They seem like a good deal !?!?! <_<

Hey Daz - how much were the shocks?

J

I'll try to remember tomorrow at work and give em a ring mate, can't remember off hand :thumbsup:

Ken_H I'll look tomorrow and see if they are the same, I seem to think they're different but that may only apply to UK 2nd gen <_<

hehe - are you getting anoyed with me yet mate??? :lol:

ta for thtt - no hurry as im not sure the shocks are the same - (looks like ill be pestering Kidturbo again too:lol: :P )

J

hehe - are you getting anoyed with me yet mate??? :lol:

:lol: Not yet mate :P We sell Monroe shocks at work and I'm sure they list the Paseo as specific, but as the Starlet Turbo's an import it might just be that it's not in their catalogue :thumbsup:

hi ken jus outta curiousity were about r ya from in the north???

have u tried cartoyz in doagh?? ask for simon.he should b able to help u out, he has his head screwed on with anythin jap!!!!!!!! look in auto trader he got a add in there if not i ll have to go and look up the number if u want!!

Alright there WhiteStarlet,

It is Simon in cartoyz who has them; he's selling them for someone, I just live a few minutes up the road!!

Are you the white starlet from Mallusk by any chance (and is it you who is sellin them??)

Such a small world !! lol

Ken.

Right.

KYB list the Paseo shocks the same as Starlet EP91, 96>

Monroe list fronts as Paseo specific but rears same as Starlet :wacko: How that works I don't know!

Right.

KYB list the Paseo shocks the same as Starlet EP91, 96>

Monroe list fronts as Paseo specific but rears same as Starlet :wacko: How that works I don't know!

probably something to do with the weigth of the 2 cars, monroe are probably a bit more fussy and the seo ones are heavier damped, but probably doesnt make a serious difference

• 7 months later...

Apex starlet glanza shocks and spring kit fits

I have it in mine

Bought in Ireland 130euro for the springs

I opted to keep my own shocks for the time being

though there on the way out now